Hunters Creek Homes For Sale Under $1M
Nestled between I-10 and the Buffalo Bayou, Hunters Creek Village is a peaceful neighborhood a few miles west of Downtown Houston. One of the most expensive neighborhoods in Texas, Hunters Creek features a variety of upscale homes.
Hunters Creek homes for sale feature close proximity to job centers, entertainment and retail hubs, and award-winning schools. Here are a few reasons why homes in the neighborhood are in great demand:
- Great location: Located a few minutes from Loop 610, Hunters Creek Village is highly accessible to and from Downtown Houston, the Medical Center, and the Museum District. The Energy Corridor, a major employment hub, is a few miles east of the neighborhood.
- Close to award-winning schools: Both the Spring Branch ISD and the Houston ISD serve Hunters Village. National Blue Ribbon Schools, including Memorial Drive Elementary and Memorial High School, are zoned to the neighborhood.
- Numerous shopping and entertainment options: Hunters Creek Village is primarily residential, but there are plenty of shopping, dining, and entertainment destinations near the area. This includes the Memorial City Mall, the City Centre, and The Galleria.
- Peaceful atmosphere: Despite its proximity to the Inner Loop, homes in Hunters Creek boast of a serene and private feel. Long driveways, vast lots, and well-tended lawn are standard in the area.
- Plenty of housing options: Hunters Creek features a wide range of homes, from old ranch-style homes to newer construction custom-built homes. Architectural styles vary, though Traditional-inspired homes are more common.
Hunters Creek real estate prices depend on a number of factors including lot size and age of the home. There are several options available under $1M, though the market may be challenging to figure out.
Contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177 for advice or questions about buying or selling a Hunters Creek townhome.
Hunters Creek Village TX Resources:
- Hunters Creek Neighborhood Guide
- All Hunters Creek Homes For Sale
- Most Expensive Hunters Creek Homes For Sale
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
NOTE: Hunters Creek homes are among the fastest selling real estate in Houston. Some of the properties are off-market (not publicly listed). For more information on available Hunters Creek homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email [email protected]
Neighborhood Guide: Hunters Creek Village TX
Hunters Creek is the easternmost part of the Memorial Villages. It rests to the east of Hedwig Village and Piney Point Village, south of Katy Fwy, west of Houston, and north of the Buffalo Bayou. Two villages, Spring Valley and Hilshire, are just across the freeway north of Hunters Creek Village.
Most of Hunters Creek’s 2 square mile area sits north of the Bayou, while a small portion is located south.
Like most of the Memorial Villages, 1930s Hunters Creek was mainly populated with a few farms and a smattering of homes. As Houston grew in the 1950s and 60s, the surrounding areas grew along with it – Hunters Creek included.
A number of developments, notably upper-middle-class subdivisions, took root along the Buffalo Bayou during this period.
Since Houston was annexing surrounding neighborhoods, Hunters Creek residents filed a petition for incorporation. The city was incorporated in 1954, along with the other Memorial Villages shortly thereafter.
As a result, the neighborhood kept its residential zoning and its country-living feel. Zoning ordinances and deed restrictions help maintain this peaceful atmosphere.
Hunters Creek elects its own mayor and city council members. It also operates the Memorial Villages Police Department alongside Bunker Hill and Piney Point. The Village Fire Department and the Memorial Villages Water Authority serves all the villages.
Sprawling lots, expansive lawns, and upscale homes are common in Hunters Creek. Homes range from ranch-style estates to custom-built modern homes. Forbes list the neighborhood as one of the “Top Suburbs to Live Well” – and it shows.
Hunters Creek real estate are among the most expensive in the state, according to a study by BusinessWeek. There are a number of factors that affect property prices, including location, size and age of the home.
Hunters Creek Village is under the 77024 Harris County zip code. The area south of the Buffalo Bayou has a 77063 zip code.
Neighborhoods near Hunters Creek include: Hedwig Village, Bunker Hill Village, Spring Valley Village, Hilshire Village, Piney Point Village, Energy Corridor, The Galleria, Timbergrove, River Oaks, Stablewood, Bayou Woods, and Sandalwood.
Fun Things To Do Near Hunters Creek Village TX
Like most of Memorial Villages, Hunters Creek has deed restrictions in place that forbid commercial establishments in the general area of the neighborhood. Stores, shopping centers, and restaurants are relegated to the fringes of the city.
Residents, nevertheless, have plenty of entertainment, shopping, and outdoor activity options.
Located in Hunters Creek, the Houston Racquet Club is a historic landmark, especially for tennis fans. It is cited as the birthplace of the modern WTA Tour. It still offers tennis and fitness facilities at its grounds at 10709 Memorial Drive. Courtside Cafe and The Grill cater to members of the club. The club went into a reciprocal relationship with the Westwood Golf Club, located at 8888 Country Creek Drive. It features an 18-hole golf course and practice facilities (driving range and short game area).
Located in 1 Potomac Drive, the Houston Country Club is located just south of the Hunters Creek, across the Buffalo Bayou. Lakeside Country Club, another members only club, is located in 100 Wilcrest Drive.
Memorial Park Golf Course is just a short drive away from Hunters Creek. This 18-hole golf course is a top-rated municipal golf course. It has a 122 slope rating and a 73 course rating.
The Galleria, a major Houston shopping destination, is a few minutes from Hunters Creek. Other shopping hubs like the Memorial City Mall and the CityCentre are equally accessible from the neighborhood.
Hunters Creek residents also have access to entertainment, retail, and cultural hubs in Houston, including the Museum District and Downtown Houston.
Here are some of the must-visit places in and around Hunters Creek Village:
Sports and Outdoor Recreation
- Houston Racquet Club
- Houston Country Club Golf Driving Range
- Lakeside Country Club
- Memorial Park Golf Course
- Forest Club
- Westwood Golf Club
- Vietnam Poblano
- Thai Gourmet
- Muscle Maker Grill
- Orange Lunch Box
- Cafe Mezza & Grille
- Muiishi Makirritos
- Zabak’s Mediterranean Cafe
- Buffalo Grille
- Sylvia’s Enchilada Kitchen
- Saltgrass Steak House
- Goode Company Barbeque
- Sweet Tomatoes
- French Riviera Bakery & Cafe
- Barnaby’s Cafe
- Argentina Cafe
- Collina’s Italian Cafe
- La Madeleine Country French Cafe
- Cafe Express
- Katy Reed Shopping Center
- Memorial Antiques & Interiors
- Trader Joe’s
- The Galleria
- Memorial City Mall
- Hunters Creek Village Park
- Memorial Park
- Terry Hershey Park
- Bendwood Park
Hunters Creek Schools
Hunters Creek Village is zoned to both the Spring Branch ISD and the Houston ISD. Homes north of the Buffalo Bayou are under SBISD, while the southern portion is served by HISD.
All pre-schoolers are sent to Wildcat Way School. Hunters Creek Elementary is located within the city boundaries. Some residents are zoned to Memorial Drive Elementary located in Piney Point Village. Spring Branch Middle School and Memorial High School, both in Hedwig Village, serve students in Hunters Creek.
Residents south of the Buffalo Bayou are zoned to the HISD’s Briargrove Elementary School, Grady Middle School, and Lee High School. Students may opt to attend Lamar High School or Westside High School.
PK and Elementary
- Wildcat Way School at 12754 Kimberley Ln. Located beside Bendwood Park, this school is under the Spring Branch Independent School District. It serves early education for nearly all Memorial Villages area students.
- Hunters Creek Elementary School at 10650 Beinhorn Rd. This school is located within the borders of Hunters Creek Village. HCE was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School in 1993-94. It has an 8 out of 10 rating at GreatSchools.org.
- Memorial Drive Elementary School at 11202 Smithdale Rd. Located in Piney Point Village, MDE is also a National Blue Ribbon School (1996-97). Serving students in grades PK to 5, it has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10 out of 10.
- Briargrove Elementary School at 6145 San Felipe St. Accepted as a candidate in the International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme in 2013, Briargrove is looking to be authorized as an IB World School. It has an excellent academic program and offers afterschool programs as well.
- Briarmeadow Charter School at 3601 Dunvale Rd. Like Briargrove, Briarmeadow is an International Baccalaureate Candidate School. It is an alternative charter school with Pre-AP, after school, and gifted programs. It has a GreatSchool.org rating of 9 out of 10.
- Spring Branch Middle School at 1000 Piney Point Dr. Another National Blue Ribbon School (1997-98) from the SBISD, SBM was a TEA Recognized Campus (2008 to 2010) and a TBEC Honor Roll School in 2008.
- Grady Middle School at 5215 San Felipe St. Henry W. Grady Middle School is a TEA Recognized, International Baccalarreate World School (Middle Years Programme). It features excellent academic and athletics programs.
- Memorial High School at 935 Echo Ln. Located in Hedwig Village, Memorial High School has received a number of awards. Like Spring Branch Middle School, it is an Honor Roll School and a National Blue Ribbon School (1988-89). The school’s excellence also extends to its athletics programs. The Memorial tennis was in the state finals from 2010 to 2012, while its football team is considered one of the best in the area.
- Lee High School at 6529 Beverly Hill St. Houston ISD’s Lee High offers an AP/Magnet program and its courses include Macroeconomcs, Calculus, Chemistry, and World History, among others. It houses a number of clubs, as well as a full complement of girls and boys varsity teams.
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd. Located in Upper Kirby, Lamar High offers AP and neighborhood programs, as well as an International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. Its great academics programs is complemented by the school’s athletics programs. The Lamar Texans football team, formerly known as Redskins, is considered as one of the best teams in the Greater Houston area. Lamar also has one of the oldest lacrosse teams in Texas.
- Westside High School at 14201 Briar Forest Dr. As HISD’s Magnet School for Integrated Technology, Westside’s academic program is divided into 5 strands: Fine Arts, Media Relations, Business, Applied Science/Health Science, and Computing Sciences. It also offers a 3-year entrepreneurial program.
A number of private schools are located in and around Hunters Creek Village. The following are a few of them:
- Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart at 10202 Memorial Dr.
- Chapelwood Pre-School at 11140 Greenbay St.
- St. Cecilia Catholic School at 11740 Joan of Arc
- Montessori Morning Glory School at 737 Bunker Hill Rd.
- Campbell Learning Center at 1440 Campbell Rd.
- The Kincaid School at 201 Kincaid School Dr.
- Second Baptist School at 6410 Woodway.
- School of the Woods at 1321 Wirt Rd.
To find an updated listing of all Hunters Creek real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Hunters Creek Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Hunters Creek Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within the Inner Loop.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177.