Guide To ALL Piney Point Homes For Sale
Aside from having one of the most expensive real estate west of Houston, Piney Point Village is the wealthiest community per capita income in Texas.
A part of the Memorial Villages, Piney Point features luxury homes and grand estates. Homes in the area are sought after due to its:
- Scenic, wooded location: Piney Point Village hugs the contours of the Buffalo Bayou. This idyllic spot in the heart of the Memorial Villages is carefully tended to with deed restrictions and building ordinances.
- Great accessibility: Piney Point is centrally located within Memorial Villages and is within minutes of 4 major freeways: I-10, Loop 610, Westpark Tollway, and the Sam Houston Pkwy.
- Access to great schools: Served by both the Spring Branch ISD and the Houston ISD, Piney Point Village has access to the best schools in the area, including Memorial High School and Memorial Drive Elementary School. The Kinkaid School, a private prep school, is also located within the city’s borders.
- Quiet and peaceful atmosphere: Like most of the Memorial Villages, Piney Point homes for sale are prized for their restful surroundings, whilst being mere minutes away from Downtown Houston.
- Sprawling lots: Like its neighbor, Hunters Creek Village, Piney Point features oversized lots ranging from half-acre properties to sprawling 160,000 square foot grounds.
- Access to retail and entertainment options: While the city itself doesn’t allow businesses within its borders, there are plenty of dining, retail, and entertainment options around Piney Point’s vicinity.
Piney Point Village is among the 6 villages that make up the Memorial Villages. An independent city, the neighborhood has an ambience of luxury and elegance. Homes in Piney Point Village range from new construction custom-built homes, to grand estates on large, sprawling lots.
Contact Paige Martin, a top-ranked Houston realtor and head of the Houston Properties Team for questions and advice about Piney Point homes for sale.
Piney Point Village TX Resources:
- Piney Point Neighborhood Guide
- Most Expensive Piney Point Homes For Sale
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
NOTE: Piney Point homes are among the fastest selling real estate in Houston. Some of the properties are off-market (not publicly listed). For more information on available Piney Point homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email [email protected]
Neighborhood Guide: Piney Point Village TX
Piney Point Village belongs to the six independent cities that make up the Memorial Villages, along with Hunters Creek, Hedwig, Bunker Hill, Hilshire, and Spring Valley. It is located in the south-central area of the Villages.
Its southern borders hugs the Buffalo Bayou, with a small portion located across the Bayou. It has Hunters Creek to the east, Hedwig and Katy Fwy to the north, Bunker Hill to the west, and Houston to the south. Downtown Houston is about 10 miles east of Piney Point Village.
During the settlement of Texas in 1824, Stephen F. Austin granted a league of land to John D. Taylor, a member of the Old Three Hundred. The city’s name is derived from Taylor’s home, called Piney Point.
By 1885, Piney Point was a station along the Texas Western Railroad and was home to a number of farms. During Houston’s suburban boom in the 1950s and 60s, development along the Buffalo Bayou also started in earnest. These developments led to several upper-middle-class subdivisions along the Bayou.
At the time, Houston was growing fast – and it was looking to annex unincorporated neighborhoods into its borders. Piney Point residents, in an effort to prevent annexation and keep their neighborhood’s strict residential zoning, opted to file for a petition for incorporation along with the five other villages.
Piney Point was incorporated in 1955 and still has an alderman form of government. It elects its own mayor and city council members, and co-operates the Memorial Villages Police Department with Bunker Hill and Hunters Creek.
The Village Fire Department and the Memorial Villages Water Authority serve all of the six Villages.
In the end, Piney Point succeeded with their original intentions – the city still has deed restrictions against businesses of any kind. Its country-living atmosphere and even its homes’ wooded grounds are carefully attended to. It has a village arborist that helps residents care for the trees on their property.
Piney Point Village is often cited as the wealthiest location in Texas by per capita income – and it shows in the city’s elegant manors and luxury homes.
The majority of the Piney Point Village is under the 77024 zip code, while the area that sits south of the Buffalo Bayou has the 77063 Harris County zip code.
Zip codes near Hunters Creek Village include: 77055, 77008, 77007, 77019, 77027, 77056, and 77057.
Piney Point Village Real Estate Trends
Piney Point Village real estate has one of the most impressive rates of appreciation over the past 10 years. Median sales price in Piney Point increased by a huge 108%, better than rates of the best Inner Loop neighborhoods.
From $1,346,500 in 2005, the median sales price of Piney Point homes for sale increased to $2,797,500.
Average price per square foot and lot price per square foot have similarly increased over the last decade. From a $243 average price per square foot in 2005, Piney Point real estate now sell for an average of $425 per square foot, a 75% positive change. Lot prices jumped by 109%, from $22 to $46 during the same period.
These leaps in pricing can be attributed to a number of factors, including the recent teardown trend that’s been going around Piney Point and other cities in the Memorial Villages. Older homes are either sold as lots or torn down by the homeowners themselves and replaced with custom-built homes.
Other factors also come into play, including tight inventories and high demand.
Piney Point Village Schools
Like most of the Memorial Villages, Piney Point is notable for its award-winning and top-ranked schools.
Piney Point Village homes located north of the Buffalo Bayou are zoned to the Spring Branch Independent School District (SBISD). The small portion south of the Bayou are served by the Houston Independent School District (HISD).
Three schools are located within Piney Point Village, SBISD’s Memorial Drive Elementary School, and two private schools, The Kinkaid School and the Saint Francis Episcopal Day School.
PK to Elementary
- Wildcat Way School at 12754 Kimberley Ln. Wildcat Way serves most of the Memorial Villages. It is located beside Bendwood Park, about 4 to 5 miles away from Piney Point Village.
- Memorial Drive Elementary School at 11202 Smithdale Rd. MDE is one of the schools located within Piney Point’s borders. It was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School in 1996-97. It serves students in grades PK to 5 and has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10/10.
- Briarmeadow Charter School at 3601 Dunvale Rd. Alternative charter school Briarmeadow is an International Baccalaureate Candidate School. It offers Pre-AP and gifted programs and has a 9/10 rating at GreatSchools.org.
- Emerson Elementary School at 9533 Skyline Dr. Emerson serves early education to grade 5 students. It offers a dual-language program called Two-Way Bilingual Immersion Program (TWBIP).
- Spring Branch Middle School at 1000 Piney Point Dr. Spring Branch Middle School is located in Hedwig Village, a few minutes away from Piney Point. It offers several electives and has a special education program. It was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School in 1997-98.
- Revere Middle School at 10502 Briar Forest Dr. Paul Revere Middle School specializes in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. Its campus also houses one of the HISD’s Math/Science Magnet school-within-a-school programs.
- Memorial High School at 935 Echo Ln. Like SBMS, Memorial is located in neighboring Hedwig Village. It was a National Blue Ribbon School (1988-89) and an Honor Roll School. Its academics program isn’t the only thing that makes Memorial High School stand out; its athletics programs are regarded as excellent as well. Its tennis and football teams are among the best in the area.
- Lee High School at 6529 Beverly Hill St. Lee offers a well-rounded curriculum, with its AP/Magnet program. It has courses in Calculus, World History, and Chemistry, among others. It is home to numerous clubs and has a number of boys and girls varsity teams. (Students zoned to Lee High School can opt to attend Lamar or Westside instead.)
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd. Lamar High School is located in Upper Kirby. Known for its great academics and athletics programs, Lamar offers an advanced placement program. It is also an IB school, offering an International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. It is home to the Lamar Texans, previously named the Redskins. Lamar also has one of the oldest lacrosse teams in the state.
- Westside High School at 14201 Briar Forest Dr. Westside High School is the HISD’s Magnet School for Integrated Technology. Students can choose from 5 strands: Fine Arts, Business, Applied Science/Health Science, Computing Sciences, and Media Relations.
- The Kinkaid School at 210 Kinkaid School Dr. Kinkaid is the oldest independent school in Houston. The school was founded in 1906, and in 1957, Kinkaid moved to a 40-acre site in Piney Point. One of the most prestigious private schools in Texas, its famous alumni include former President George W. Bush and former Florida governor Jeb Bush.
- Saint Francis Episcopal Day School at 335 Piney Point Rd. SFEDS is the largest Toddlers to 8 Episcopal parish day school in the country. Located within Piney Point Village, St. Francis was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School in 1998-99.
Other private schools around Piney Point and the Memorial Villages include:
- Chapelwood Pre-School at 11140 Greenbay St.
- St. Cecilia Catholic School at 11740 Joan of Arc
- Montessori Morning Glory School at 737 Bunker Hill Rd.
- Campbell Learning Center at 1440 Campbell Rd.
- Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart at 10202 Memorial Dr.
To find an updated listing of all Piney Point real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Piney Point Houston TX Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Piney Point Village, Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers in Piney Point, earning praises such “Paige Martin is the best Piney Point realtor” along the way. You can check more client feedback about Paige as well as her list of awards and client ratings here: Client Testimonials.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177.