Spring Valley Homes For Sale Under $1M
Only a few miles west of Downtown Houston, Spring Valley is a peaceful neighborhood located north of the I-10.
As part of the Memorial Villages, Spring Valley features some of the most affluent homes in the state. Here are some of the key reasons why Spring Valley homes are in high demand:
- Superb location: Located along the Katy Freeway, the neighborhood is also minutes away from Sam Houston Parkway and Loop 610, making it highly accessible to and from Downtown Houston, the Medical Center, and the Museum District. The Energy Corridor, a major Houston job center, lies only a few miles east of Spring Valley.
- Proximity to great schools: Spring Valley zoned to the Spring Branch ISD’s multi-award winning schools, including Memorial High School and Spring Branch Middle School.
- Multiple retail and entertainment choices: Though mostly residential, Spring Valley has convenient access to a wide variety of shopping and entertainment centers like The Galleria, the Memorial City Mall, and the CityCentre.
- Serene ambiance: Spring Valley is a quiet residential enclave with tree-lined streets, and homes on expansive, well-tended lots.
Spring Valley real estate prices depend on the age of the home and lot size, among many other factors.
There are several home options under $1M but figuring out Spring Valley’s real estate market may pose quite a considerable challenge. Homebuyers benefit from having the assistance of a top Spring Valley realtor while navigating this tricky market.
Contact Paige Martin, one of the best realtors in Houston, head of the Houston Properties Team and Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177 for advice or questions about buying or selling a Spring Valley home.
Spring Valley Village TX Resources:
NOTE: Spring Valley homes are among the fastest selling real estate in Houston. Some of the properties are off-market (not publicly listed). For more information on available Spring Valley homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email [email protected]
Spring Valley Village TX Neighborhood Guide
Located west of Downtown Houston, Spring Valley is blessed with tree-lined streets, affluent homes, and a refreshing small town atmosphere. The neighborhood is part of the Memorial Villages, along with Bunker Hill, Piney Point, Hilshire, Hedwig, and Hunters Creek.
Spring Valley is one of the two villages sitting north of the Katy Freeway (I-10) and has about 1.6 square miles of land area. The city is a few miles east of the Energy Corridor. Apart from its strategic location along the I-10, Spring Valley is also minutes away from other major freeways like the Sam Houston Parkway and Loop 610.
In 1848, Spring Valley Village was home to a number of German settlers who built farms and sawmills in the area. To commemorate the city’s history, some of neighborhood’s streets are named after these early residents and landowners.
In the 1950s, the neighborhood still consisted of small farms and homes. However, due to its location and potential, it began attracting attention and interest. Speculation around Houston’s planned annexation spurred residents to file a petition for incorporation. After two elections, Spring Valley was finally incorporated in 1955.
Spring Valley Village has a mayor-city council type of government and operates its own police department. It shares the fire department and the water authority with the five other independent cities in the Memorial Villages.
Through its zoning ordinance, Spring Valley has maintained its serene residential ambiance. The early version of the city’s zoning ordinance limited homes to one-story single-family dwellings with the minimum lot area at 10,000 square feet. In 1981, changes were made to this ordinance to allow construction of 2-story homes.
Today, Spring Valley has some of the most expensive homes in Texas, with architectural styles ranging from the older ranch-style bungalows to new construction custom-built homes.
Spring Valley Village has a 77055 Harris County zip code. Zip codes near Spring Valley Village TX include: 77024, 77080, 77092, 77043, 77007, 77008, and 77049. (View Houston zip code map.)
Spring Valley Village Schools
Spring Valley Village is zoned to the Spring Branch Independent School District (SBISD).
Pre-K and Elementary
- The Bear Boulevard School at 8860 Westview Dr. One of the SBISD’s 5 early learning centers, Bear Boulevard features a full-day educational program for young children. Bear Blvd is located in Spring Valley Village.
- Valley Oaks Elementary School at 8655 Emnora Ln. Serving Pre-K to 5 students, VOE has been around since 1956. It offers several programs including Gifted and Talented and Bilingual/ESL. Valley Oaks has a GreatSchools.org rating of 8 out of 10.
- Spring Branch Middle School at 1000 Piney Point Dr. Located in nearby Hedwig Village, SBMS offers a special education program, along with several electives in Foreign Language, Technology Education, and Family and Consumer Science. It was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School in 1997-98.
- Cornerstone Academy at 9016 Westview Dr. Cornerstone Academy is a charter school located within Spring Valley Village. It has been named National Charter School of the Year in 2008 and is recognized as one of the top middle schools in Texas (Texas Business and Education Coalition & Just For The Kids). Cornerstone offers electives in CESIT (Career Explorations, Special Interests and Talents) and Foreign Language (French and Spanish).
- Memorial High School at 935 Echo Ln. Like Spring Branch Middle School, MHS is also located in Hedwig Village. It has been named a National Blue Ribbon School in 1988-89 and has been named one of Newsweek’s top high schools in the United States for several years. It has also been given the College Readiness Award, the Just 4 The Kids High Performing School award, and the TAKS Gold Performance Award. Memorial High also has a great athletics program and has a rivalry with Stratford High School.
- Academy of Choice at 9016 Westview Dr. Also known as the Spring Branch School of Choice (SBSOC), this alternative school is located in Spring Valley. True to its name, AOC offers a number of program options for students in grades 9 to 12. The school also houses the Spring Branch ISD Virtual High School.
Listed below are some private schools in and around Spring Valley Village:
- Campbell Learning Center at 1440 Campbell Rd.
- Spring Branch Presbyterian Learning Center at 1215 Campbell Rd.
- Paratus Classical Academy at 1440 Campbell Rd.
- St. Mark Lutheran School at Hillendahl Blvd.
- School of the Woods at 1321 Wirt Rd.
- Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart at 10202 Memorial Dr.
- St. Cecilia School at 11740 Joan of Arc Dr.
- The Parish School at 11001 Hammerly Boulevard.
- The Kinkaid School at 201 Kinkaid School Dr.
To find an updated listing of all Spring Valley real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Spring Valley Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Spring Valley Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within the Inner Loop.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177.