4 Important Things To Know About Spring Valley Real Estate
See Spring Valley real estate, home sales, and investment data. The article covers Spring Valley neighborhood analysis and review of homes for sale.
Spring Valley Village is one of the two Memorial Villages located north of the I-10. It is a peaceful, mostly residential enclave 10 miles west of Downtown Houston.
Spring Valley is an independent city and it is unique in its own way, most notably for its small-town vibe.
Very few Spring Valley homes are sold per year, less than two dozen annually. Significant information could not be statistically derived from such a small data set.
As such, shown below are real estate trends from the entire Memorial Villages.
Over the past decade, Memorial Villages real estate has marked steady growth across the board. The median sales price alone grew an impressive 114%. (Please note that this data is for the entirety of the Memorial Villages and may overstate average and median pricing for Spring Valley Village.)
Email me with any questions, or for more information on pricing trends, or specific property recommendations in Memorial Villages.
Spring Valley real estate shares some things in common with other Memorial Villages homes, including a trend in either updating or tearing down old homes. Development in the area is steadily rising. Still, they are in line with the neighborhood's zoning ordinance.
Listed below are 4 key things to know about Spring Valley real estate.
For questions, advice, Spring Valley Village Houston real estate recommendations, or off-market MLS listings, contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team and rated as the best Keller Williams Memorial realtor the last four years.
"Houston Properties Team helped us to sell our condo within a week and closed it within a month. It was really an amazing experience. The entire process was very smooth. They provided the timeline schedule so we know exactly where we are and what to expect. They are the best professional real estate team we have ever worked with. Excellent teamwork from the beginning to the end!" - Sandra Chao (Google Review)
Table of Contents
- 4 Key Things to Know About Spring Valley Real Estate
- More Spring Valley and Houston TX Resources
- The Best Houston Realtor to Sell Your Home
4 Key Things to Know About Spring Valley Real Estate
For an updated and customized Spring Valley Village real estate pricing or trend analysis, please contact Paige Martin at PMartin@HoustonProperties.com.
1. Spring Valley homes for sale are relatively cheaper than comparable properties in the other Memorial Villages.
The four Villages south of the interstate -- Piney Point, Hedwig, Hunters Creek, and Bunker Hill -- are notable for featuring some of the most expensive real estate in the country.
Spring Valley homes for sale are slightly more affordable compared to properties in, say, Bunker Hill or Piney Point.
Prices vary and depend on a certain number of factors, including the age of the home, lot size, and location.
2. Spring Valley Village features a great number of ranch-style homes from the 1950s.
Immediately after the city's incorporation in the 1950s, Spring Valley Village passed a zoning ordinance that limited dwellings to single-story homes on lots not smaller than 10,000 square feet.
Later, the ordinance was amended to allow for two-story homes, but traditional ranch-style estates are still more common. Some of these properties are gorgeously updated.
3. Older properties are sold as is/at lot value.
The tear-down trend happening in the rest of the Memorial Villages can be seen in Spring Valley Village as well but to a lesser extent. A number of new construction custom-built homes are under development in the area.
4. Property inventories are tight.
Only a handful of homes are sold in Spring Valley Village and very few are listed every year. This can be due to increasing demand, as well as homeowners opting to hold on to their properties.
Homebuyers will need the assistance of the best Spring Valley Village Houston realtor for advice and updated information.
More Spring Valley and Houston TX Resources
We had the best experience working with the Houston Properties team. They were always honest and provided insightful feedback which was invaluable during the home buying process. Houston is a complicated market and they know it inside and out. They worked tirelessly for us during an extremely difficult and volatile market. I can't recommend them highly enough! - Jen Schulten (Google Review)
The Best Houston Realtor to Sell Your Home
The Houston Properties Team has a well-defined structure based on the individual strengths of each member. Each member is a specialist in their role – which is why our homes sell faster and for more money than average.
Paige Martin, Broker Associate with Keller Williams Realty, and the Houston Properties Team are ranked among the top residential Realtors in the world.
They have been featured on TV and in dozens of publications including The Wall Street Journal, Fortune Magazine, Reuters, Fox News in the Morning, Money Magazine, Houston Business Journal, Houstonia, and Houston Chronicle.
Paige Martin was just ranked as the #5 agent in the world with Keller Williams, completing over $1 Billion in Houston residential real estate sales.
Recent awards include:
– 2022: #1 Residential Real Estate Team by Sales Volume, Houston Business Journal
– 2021: Best Real Estate Teams in America, RealTrends.com
– 2021: Top 100 Women Leaders in Real Estate of 2021
– 2021: America’s Top 100 Real Estate Agents
– 2021: Top Real Estate Team (Houston Properties Team), Houston Business Journal
– 2021: Best Houston Real Estate Team, Best of Reader’s Choice
– 2021: Top Real Estate Team (Houston Properties Team), Houston Business Journal
– 2021: #1 Real Estate Team, Keller Williams Memorial
– 2020: America’s Best Real Estate Teams, Best of America Trends
– 2020: Best Houston Real Estate Team, Best of Reader’s Choice
– 2020: Top Real Estate Team (Houston Properties Team), Houston Business Journal
– 2020: #6 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
– 2020: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas (Top Keller Williams Realtor)
– 2020: #1 Real Estate Team, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2019: Top Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2019: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2019: #5 Individual Agent, KW Worldwide
- 2019: #1 Individual Agent, KW Texas
- 2018: #5 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
- 2018: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2018: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2018: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2018: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2018: Texas’ Most Influential Realtors
- 2017: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2017: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2017: #10 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
- 2017: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2017: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2017: Texas’ Most Influential Realtors
- 2016: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2016: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2016: #20 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
- 2016: Texas’ Most Influential Realtors
- 2016: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, HBJ
- 2016: Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly
- 2016: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015: #9 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, United States
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2015: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, HBJ
- 2015: Five Star Realtor, Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2014: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2014: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
...in addition to over 318 additional awards.
Paige also serves a variety of non-profits, and civic and community boards. She was appointed by the mayor of Houston to be on the downtown TIRZ board.
Benefits Of Working With The Houston Properties Team
Our team, composed of distinguished and competent Houston luxury realtors, has a well-defined structure based on the individual strengths of each member.
We find the team approach as the most effective way to sell homes. We have dedicated people doing staging, marketing, social media, open houses, and showings. Each Houston Properties Team member is a specialist in their role—which is why our homes sell faster and for more money than average.
The benefits of working with a team include:
- the ability to be in two or three places at one time; a member can handle showings, while another answer calls
- collective time and experience of members
- targeted advice and marketing of agent expert in your area
- competitive advantage by simply having more resources, more ideas, and more perspectives
- a “checks and balances” system; selling and buying a home in Houston is an intensely complex process
- more people addressing field calls and questions from buyers and agents to facilitate a faster, successful sale
- efficient multi-tasking; one agent takes care of inspections and repair work, while another agent focuses on administrative details
- multiple marketing channels using members’ networks
- constant attention: guaranteed focus on your home and your transaction
- lower risk for mistakes. Multiple moving parts increase oversights. A team approach handles these “parts” separately
- flexibility in negotiation and marketing
- better management of document flow
- increased foot traffic through more timely and effective showing schedule coordination; and
- increased sphere of influence and exposure to more potential buyers.
To meet all the award-winning members of the Houston Properties Team, please go here.
Best Houston Real Estate Resources
- Houston Texas Zip Code Map | HoustonProperties
- How To Avoid Buying In Houston's Flooded Zones
- Houston Neighborhoods | Houston Map, Real Estate, Homes
- Canyon Lakes At Stone Gate Homes For Sale & Real Estate Trends
- Huffman Area Housing Market | Real Estate Trends & Forecast