Meyercrest Houston Neighborhood Guide
Located just outside of Loop 610, Meyercrest is a small residential enclave with beautiful luxury homes.
Meyercrest real estate are sought out for several reasons, including the neighborhood’s great location, excellent schools, and high accessibility.
- CENTRAL LOCATION: Meyercrest homes have schools, parks, shopping centers, restaurants, and cafes nearby.
- EASY ACCESSIBILITY: Meyercrest has easy access to main roads like Chimney Rock Road, Braeswood Boulevard, and Loop 610. Key Houston districts like the Galleria and the Texas Medical Center are minutes away from the subdivision.
- EXCELLENT SCHOOLS: Meyercrest homes are zoned to the Houston Independent School District. Highly rated Bellaire High School serves the subdivision.
- QUIET RESIDENTIAL ENCLAVE: Made up of only 33 homes, the subdivision offers a peaceful suburban atmosphere. Trees line most of Meyercrest, with homes nestled within cul-de-sacs and well tended yards.
- BEAUTIFUL HOMES: Meyercrest real estate are mostly single-family homes on mid-sized lots. Built during the 1990s, homes in the area typically feature gorgeous curb appeal.
Due to high demand and low inventories, Meyercrest real estate can be challenging to navigate. Seeking the help of the best Houston realtor would greatly benefit homebuyers.
For any inquiries about Meyercrest homes recommendations, or off-market MLS listings, get in touch with Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team and one of the best realtors in Houston.
Houston Meyercrest Neighborhood Profile
- 12 Things Meyercrest Real Estate Buyers Should Know
- Meyercrest maps and location
- Fun things to do in Meyercrest
- Neighborhoods near Meyercrest
- Meyercrest History
- Meyercrest Schools
Meyercrest Real Estate Guide
Meyercrest Houston Homes for Sale
Located about 8 miles southwest of downtown Houston, Meyercrest is a small luxury residential enclave.
- Meyercrest homes have schools, parks, shopping centers, restaurants, and cafes nearby.
- Meyercrest has easy access to main roads like Chimney Rock Road, Braeswood Boulevard, and Loop 610. Key Houston districts like the Galleria and the Texas Medical Center are minutes away from the subdivision.
- Meyercrest homes are zoned to the Houston Independent School District. Highly rated Bellaire High School serves the subdivision.
- Made up of only 33 homes, the subdivision offers a peaceful suburban atmosphere. Trees line most of Meyercrest, with homes nestled within cul-de-sacs and well tended yards.
- Meyercrest real estate are mostly single-family homes on mid-sized lots. Built during the 1990s, homes in the area typically feature gorgeous curb appeal.
- The community is nestled in the area west of Meyerland, south of Bellaire, east of Braeburn, and north of Westbury.
- Built out in the late 1990s, Meyercrest is from Houston-based investment firm Wile Interests.
- Meyercrest homes typically feature 3- to 4-bedroom floor plans.
- Home sizes range between 3,000 to 3,300 square feet.
- The most expensive Meyercrest real estate can feature pools, game rooms, and luxury finishes.
- Lot sizes is typically between 7,500 to more than 9,700 square feet.
- Pricing for Meyercrest homes for sale can start at around $450,000. Bigger properties can sell for more than $600,000.
Meyercrest is a residential enclave located some 8 miles southwest of downtown Houston.
The community is made up of about 33 single-family homes, nestled just outside Loop 610. It is located in the area south of Bellaire and Beechnut Street, west of Meyerland and Chimney Rock Road, east of Braeburn and Hillcroft Avenue, and north of the Brays Bayou and N Braeswood Boulevard.
Meyercrest itself is east of S Atwell Drive, south of Birdwood Road, and west of Braesmont Drive. Two cul-de-sacs, Loch Lomond Drive and Wallington Drive, and a short stretch of Loch Lomond Drive make up the small residential community.
Thanks to the neighborhood’s central location, Meyercrest homes are minutes away from shopping centers, parks, schools, restaurants, and cafes. Braeswood Square is a few blocks from the subdivision.
Residents have easy access to major employment centers like the Galleria/Uptown area and the Texas Medical Center via main roads like Chimney Rock Road, Braeswood Boulevard, and Beechnut Street, among others.
Meyercrest Texas is under the 77096 Harris County zip code. (View Houston zip code map.)
Meyercrest’s location gives residents easy access to key retail and entertainment districts like the Galleria and Uptown Houston. There are, however, plenty of things to do nearby.
Braeswood Square is a few blocks away from Meyercrest homes. The shopping center features Belden’s (a specialty food store), several retail stores, and a few restaurants like La Fresca Pizza, El Ranchero, and TinnHam’s Cocina.
For more retail options, residents can opt for Meyerland Plaza. It’s only a few minutes away, and its anchor stores include Best Buy, JCPenney, Marshalls, Old Navy, Target, and Ross.
For outdoor entertainment options, there’s the Gail Reeves Park. Located adjacent to Herod Elementary School, the park features playgrounds, picnic areas, a ball field, tennis courts, and a pavilion. Other parks nearby include Godwin Park and Meyerland Park.
Here are some of Meyercrest Houston must-visit places:
- Fainmous BBQ
- Super La Mexicana
- Fadi’s Meyerland Mediterranean Grill
- Cue’s Burgers and More
- Wild Kitchen
- Tapester’s Grill
- El Ranchero Mexican Restaurant
- La Fresca Pizza
- Houston’s Finest Soulfood on Wheels
- Hunter’s Pub
- Red River Ice House
- Double Trouble Caffeine and Cocktails
- Cozy Corner
- Libra Lounge
- Emmit’s Place
- Genesis Steakhouse and Wine Bar
- Little Woodrow’s
- Kaif Hookah Lounge
- Golden Grain
- Meyerland Plaza
- The Market
- Braeswood Square
- Gail Reeves Park
- Meyerland Park
- Godwin Park
- Brays Bayou Greenway Trail
Neighborhoods near Meyercrest Houston include:
- Brays Oaks
- Missouri City
- Southside Place
- Braeswood Place
Development in Meyercrest started in 1993 and was completely built out by 1999.
Investment firm Wile Interests was responsible for the community’s development. The Houston-based firm was founded in 1991 by Randolf Wile.
Apart from the Meyercrest subdivision, Wile Interests’ projects in the area include Braeswood Commons (shopping center) and Meyerland Commons (retail center).
Today, the community features 33 single-family homes, each with its own unique charm.
Meyercrest homes are zoned to the Houston Independent School District (HISD). Students in the area can attend the following public schools:
- Herod Elementary School at 5627 Jason St. Gary L. Herod Elementary School is located a few blocks away from Meyercrest homes, adjacent to Gail Reeves Park. The school features a Dual Language program and is an ISA (International Spanish Academy) in partnership with the Ministry of Education and Science of Spain.
- Fondren Middle School at 6333 S Braeswood Blvd. Fondren Middle School is an International Baccalaureate World School. Apart from the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the school also features a STEM program, a Leader in Me program, and a math program, among others.
- Bellaire High School at 5100 Maple. Established in 1955, Bellaire High School has been featured several times in Newsweek’s list of top high schools in the country. It is an International Baccalaureate World School serving the IB Diploma Programme. Bellaire also features an Advanced Placement program as well as a World Languages Magnet program (Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Latin, and Japanese).
Meyercrest Houston Private Schools
The following are some of the more notable private schools near Meyercrest homes.
- St. Thomas’ Episcopal School at 4900 Jackwood St.
- Beth Yeshurun Day School at 4525 Beechnut St.
- The Shlenker School at 5600 N Braeswood Blvd.
- Episcopal High School at 4650 Bissonnet St.
- The Emery/Weiner School at 9825 Stella Link Rd.
- Corpus Christi Catholic School at 4005 Cheena Dr.
- Westbury Christian School at 10420 Hillcroft St.
To find an updated listing of all Meyercrest real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
*Note: Since there are so few public sales per year in Meyercrest (due in part to the small number of homes in the area), real estate data is not statistically significant.
For updated information regarding Meyercrest real estate pricing and trend analysis, please contact Paige Martin at [email protected].
Meyercrest is made up of detached single-family homes on mid-sized lots (by Houston standards). Most Meyercrest homes feature traditional architectural styles, brick exteriors, and great curb appeal.
Home sizes range from 3,000 to 3,300 square feet. Three- and four-bedroom 2-story floor plans are available, all with 3 full and 1 half baths. Lot sizes range from 7,500 to more than 9,700.
Meyercrest homes were mostly built between 1993 and 1999. All homes in the area are beautifully maintained and updated.
Due to the subdivision’s location, high accessibility, and access to great schools, Meyercrest homes for sales are highly popular and have an median sales price of over $500,000.
Homes in the area can start at around $450,000. The most expensive Meyercrest real estate can sell for more than $600,000.
There are no townhomes or patio homes within Meyercrest. Nearby Houston subdivisions and communities do have units available.
Townhomes in surrounding areas typically feature 2- to 3-bedroom floor plans with sizes ranging between 700 to 3,000 square feet. Though smaller than their single-family home counterparts, townhomes are typically more affordable.
There are no mid- or high-rise Meyercrest condos for sale, but plenty of units are available within Houston’s Inner Loop.
To see other condos within the Inner Loop, see Inner Loop Houston Condos.
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige Martin’s recent awards include:
- 2016: One of the Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2016: Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly
- 2016: One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015 Q3: #9 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide (of 125,000 agents)
- 2015: #2 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Southwest Texas (Houston, Woodlands, Katy, San Antonio)
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2015: One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015: One of the Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2015: Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2014 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2014 – “One of the Top 40 Houston Realtors,” Houston Chronicle
- 2014 – “One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents,” RealTrends.com
- 2014 – Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2013 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2013 – Top 50 Houston Realtors by the Houston Chronicle
- 2013 – Top 5 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
- 2013 – Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2012 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent in the Keller Williams Memorial Office
- 2012 – Top 5 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
- 2011 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent in the Keller Williams Memorial Office
- 2011 – Top 10 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
- 2010 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent in the Keller Williams Memorial Office
- 2010 – Top 10 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Meyercrest Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within Meyercrest, earning praises like “Paige Martin is the best Meyercrest Houston realtor I know.” Read more about client feedback and ratings here.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177.