Meyerland Houston Homes For Sale Under $1M
Excellent schools, a growing real estate market, and an excellent location – these are just a few of the features that make Meyerland one of Houston’s hottest neighborhoods.
Located along Loop 610 and just south of Bellaire, Meyerland offers a prime jump-off point to Houston’s major business, cultural, and entertainment hubs including Downtown, the Galleria, Museum District, and Medical Center.
Meyerland homes for sale are in popular demand due to the neighborhood’s:
- Excellent schools: Meyerland is zoned to some of the best schools in the Houston ISD, including Bellaire High School, Pin Oak Middle School, and Kolter Elementary School.
- Accessibility: Credit to the community’s proximity to major freeways (Loop 610, Beltway 8, and the Southwest Freeway), Meyerland homes have excellent accessibility to Inner Loop neighborhoods and key Houston hubs.
- Active neighborhood association: The neighborhood’s strong sense of community is due in part to its excellent HOA, the Meyerland Community Improvement Association (MCIA).
- Wide range of homes: The picturesque and serene Meyerland neighborhood hosts an eclectic mix of homes such as ranch-style, traditional, mid-century modern, and French-style homes.
Contact Paige Martin, one of the best realtors in Houston, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-425-4194 for advice or questions about buying or selling a Meyerland home.
Meyerland Houston Resources:
- Meyerland Neighborhood Guide
- All Meyerland Homes For Sale
- Most Expensive Meyerland Homes For Sale
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
NOTE: Meyerland homes are among the fastest selling real estate in Houston. Some of the properties are off-market (not publicly listed). For more information on available Meyerland homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-425-4194 or email [email protected]
Meyerland Houston Neighborhood Guide
Developed on 9 square miles of former rice fields, Meyerland is a mostly residential neighborhood subdivided into several sections.
Meyerland is located on the southwest bend of Loop 610, and the city of Bellaire borders the neighborhood to the north. The Brays Bayou, with its biking, jogging, and hiking trails, bisects the neighborhood.
One of the first master-planned and deed-restricted neighborhoods in Houston, Meyerland features a number of older single-family homes, though the wave of renovation and new construction has also touched the neighborhood.
Lot sizes vary and sizes range from 8,000 to more than 12,000 square feet. Architectural styles vary as well, though Traditional is more popular in Meyerland. The neighborhood also has a collection of Mid-Century Modern homes.
With the neighborhood’s affordable homes, great schools, high accessibility, and central location, Meyerland is a popular choice among families and professionals alike.
Meyerland Houston is under the 77096 Harris County zip code.
Meyerland Schools Information
Zoned to the Houston Independent School District (HISD), Meyerland has long had the reputation of having some of the best schools in Houston.
- Lovett Elementary School at 8814 South Rice Ave. Lovett Elementary School serves PK to 5 students. The school features a Fine Arts Magnet Program where students receive specialized instruction in strings, band, choral music, handbells, and art, among others. Lovett is located within Meyerland and has a GreatSchools.org rating of 9 out 10.
- Kolter Elementary School at 9710 Runnymeade Dr. Kolter Elementary School serves PK to 5 students and is known for its foreign language and cultures program. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 9 out of 10.
- Herod Elementary School at 5627 Jason. Herod Elementary School is a PK to 5 school that features a Vanguard magnet program. The school also offers a Dual Language Program and an after-school enrichment program.
- Johnston Middle School at 10410 Manhattan Dr. Johnston Middle School serves students in grades 6 to 8. Rated Recognized by the TEA, the school has a Magnet program and a strong Athletics program.
- Pershing Middle School at 3838 Bluebonnet. Pershing Middle School offers a wide range of academic programs such as a Vanguard and Fine Arts Magnet program, pre-AP, gifted and talented, and high school credits to name a few.
- Pin Oak Middle School at 4601 Glenmont Dr. Located in Bellaire, Pin Oak Middle School was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School in 2008. It offers a Foreign Languages magnet program (Spanish, German, French, Italian, Chinese, and Hebrew) and has an Exemplary TEA rating. Its GreatSchools.org rating is 10 out of 10.
- Fondren Middle School at 6333 South Braeswood Blvd. Fondren Middle School is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School and features an IB Design and Technology curriculum. The school received a Gold Performance Acknowledgement Commended on Social Studies.
- Bellaire High School at 5100 Maple St. Bellaire High School is known for its great academics and athletics programs. It is one of the best secondary schools in the area and has produced professional athletes and other accomplished graduates with notable achievements in various fields.
A number of private schools are located in and around Meyerland. Listed below are some of them:
- St. Thomas’ Episcopal School at 4900 Jackwood St. The school is the reigning champion and recipient of the 2014 Henderson Cup after garnering the highest points in 24 Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS) championships.
- Beth Yeshurun Day School at 4525 Beechnut St.
- Robert M. Beren Academy at 11333 Cliffwood Dr.
- Episcopal High School at 4650 Bissonnet St.
- Corpus Christi Catholic School at 4005 Cheena Dr.
- Westbury Christian School at 10420 Hillcroft St.
- Emery/Weiner School at 9825 Stella Link Rd.
To find an updated listing of all Meyerland real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Meyerland Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Meyerland, Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within Meyerland.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-425-4194.