Meyerland Houston Homes For Sale Under $500k
Centrally located in southwest Houston, Meyerland is a popular neighborhood with a good collection of single-family homes.
Loop 610, the Southwest Freeway, and Beltway 8 are easily accessible from Meyerland. Key Houston areas like Downtown, Medical Center, Galleria, and Museum District are minutes away from the neighborhood.
Schools are also key in making Meyerland a great choice. Zoned to some of the Houston ISD’s best schools, the neighborhood features a trifecta of excellent elementary, middle, and high schools.
Meyerland features a bevy of old and new single-family homes – and while architectural styles vary, Traditional is the more popular choice in the neighborhood. A number of Mid-Century Modern Meyerland homes are also available.
Meyerland also features a very active civic association, old trees, and a family-friendly atmosphere.
With demand on the rise for Meyerland homes for sale, homebuyers may find the market challenging to navigate. Homebuyers will definitely benefit from seeking the help of the best Houston realtor.
Contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177 for advice or questions about buying or selling a Meyerland townhome.
Meyerland Houston Resources:
- Meyerland Neighborhood Guide
- All Meyerland Homes For Sale
- Most Expensive Meyerland Homes For Sale
- Meyerland Homes Under $1M
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
For more information on available Meyerland homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email [email protected]
Meyerland Houston Neighborhood Guide
Spanning 9 square miles, Meyerland is located in southwest Houston and along Loop 610. The mostly residential community is nestled between Linkwood/Woodside and Brays Oaks and Sharpstown. To its north is the Bellaire neighborhood, while further east is West University.
Top-notch schools, a bustling community center, family-friendly parks, and major business hubs are within minutes from Meyerland. Loop 610, Beltway 8, and the Southwest Freeway provide residents with easy access to Downtown Houston, the Texas Medical Center, and the Galleria.
Meyerland is adorned with homes that come in a variety of architectural styles. Mid-Century Modern and Traditional styles are popular in the neighborhood.
The neighborhood’s real estate market is often compared to that of its next door neighbor, Bellaire, since both are zoned to the same excellent schools. Meyerland homes for sale are generally more affordable.
Lot sizes and home ages vary, and there are plenty of choices in the neighborhood. Meyerland’s collection of old homes are either renovated or torn down, and this can affect pricing. Older homes tend to sell for lower prices, while new construction and updated homes go for higher asking prices.
Meyerland Houston is located within the 77096 Harris County zip code.
Meyerland Schools Information
Zoned to the Houston Independent School District (HISD), Meyerland has long had the reputation of having some of the best schools in Houston.
- Lovett Elementary School at 8814 South Rice Ave. Lovett Elementary School serves PK to 5 students. The school features a Fine Arts Magnet Program where students receive specialized instruction in strings, band, choral music, handbells, and art, among others. Lovett is located within Meyerland and has a GreatSchools.org rating of 9 out 10.
- Kolter Elementary School at 9710 Runnymeade Dr. Kolter Elementary School serves PK to 5 students and is known for its foreign language and cultures program. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 9 out of 10.
- Herod Elementary School at 5627 Jason. Herod Elementary School is a PK to 5 school that features a Vanguard magnet program. The school also offers a Dual Language Program and an after-school enrichment program.
- Johnston Middle School at 10410 Manhattan Dr. Johnston Middle School serves students in grades 6 to 8. Rated Recognized by the TEA, the school has a Magnet program and a strong Athletics program.
- Pershing Middle School at 3838 Bluebonnet. Pershing Middle School offers a wide range of academic programs such as a Vanguard and Fine Arts Magnet program, pre-AP, gifted and talented, and high school credits to name a few.
- Pin Oak Middle School at 4601 Glenmont Dr. Located in Bellaire, Pin Oak Middle School was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School in 2008. It offers a Foreign Languages magnet program (Spanish, German, French, Italian, Chinese, and Hebrew) and has an Exemplary TEA rating. Its GreatSchools.org rating is 10 out of 10.
- Fondren Middle School at 6333 South Braeswood Blvd. Fondren Middle School is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School and features an IB Design and Technology curriculum. The school received a Gold Performance Acknowledgement Commended on Social Studies.
- Bellaire High School at 5100 Maple St. Bellaire High School is known for its great academics and athletics programs. It is one of the best secondary schools in the area and has produced professional athletes and other accomplished graduates with notable achievements in various fields.
A number of private schools are located in and around Meyerland. Listed below are some of them:
- St. Thomas’ Episcopal School at 4900 Jackwood St. The school is the reigning champion and recipient of the 2014 Henderson Cup after garnering the highest points in 24 Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS) championships.
- Beth Yeshurun Day School at 4525 Beechnut St.
- Robert M. Beren Academy at 11333 Cliffwood Dr.
- Episcopal High School at 4650 Bissonnet St.
- Corpus Christi Catholic School at 4005 Cheena Dr.
- Westbury Christian School at 10420 Hillcroft St.
- Emery/Weiner School at 9825 Stella Link Rd.
To find an updated listing of all Meyerland real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Meyerland Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Meyerland, Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within Meyerland.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177.