Montrose Homes For Sale Under $1M
Montrose is one of Houston’s 10 most accessible neighborhoods.
Its central location within the Inner Loop gives Montrose residents great access to Houston’s cultural, retail, and entertainment offerings. The district is also within minutes of major business and job centers, including Downtown, the Greenway Plaza, and the Texas Medical Center.
Also known as Neartown and the “Heart of Houston,” Montrose boasts of an artistic vibe. The neighborhood features a wide range of properties, from elegant 1920s mansions to chic new construction townhomes. It also has single-family patio homes and bungalows alongside mid-rise condos.
As a mixed-use district, Montrose also features stores from upscale boutiques to thrift shops. The River Oaks Shopping Center is located within the district, while another major retail hub, The Galleria, is within minutes from Montrose.
Montrose homes for sale are zoned to the Houston Independent School District’s Lamar High School, MacGregor Elementary, and Lanier Middle School.
Contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177 for advice or questions about buying or selling a Montrose townhome.
Montrose Houston Resources:
- Montrose Neighborhood Guide
- All Montrose Homes For Sale
- Most Expensive Montrose Homes For Sale
- Montrose Houston Maps
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
NOTE: Montrose homes are among the fastest selling real estate in Houston. Some of the properties are off-market (not publicly listed). For more information on available Montrose homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email [email protected]
Montrose Houston Neighborhood Guide
Montrose is a 250-acre artistic and diverse neighborhood. Its borders are defined as Shepherd Drive to the west, Allen Parkway to the north, Spur 527 and Bagby Street to the east, and Southwest Fwy (US Highway 59) to the south.
Montrose is a popular destination in Houston for its lively nightlife and street scene. With a wide assortment of patio bars, restaurants, coffee shops, wine lounges, music and comedy bars, and ice houses, Montrose residents have their options covered.
The district is also offers a great mix of retail options, as Montrose offers a variety of antique stores, second-hand and thrift stores. River Oaks Shopping Center is within the district, while The Galleria, another major Houston shopping hub, is within minutes of Montrose.
The neighborhood started out as a largely residential neighborhood, one of Houston’s original streetcar suburbs. Houston Land Corporation’s J.W. Link purchased several tracts of land and developed the area in 1911. His own Link-Lee mansion still stands on Montrose Boulevard, but today it serves as the University of Saint Thomas’ administrative offices.
Today, Montrose is one of Houston’s re-emerging neighborhoods, a trend that started in the 1990s.
Montrose is within the 77006 zip code of Harris County.
Montrose Schools Information
Montrose is zoned to the Houston Independent School District (HISD) and is home to the University of St. Thomas (UST), a Catholic university in the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston.
- MacGregor Elementary School at 4801 La Branch St. MacGregor Elementary can trace its roots back to 1922. It serves students in grades PK to 5 and offers magnet programs in music and science. Afterschool activities include girl and boy scouts, as well as an Extended Day program.
- Poe Elementary School at 5100 Hazard St. Named after Edgar Allan Poe, this elementary school is a fine arts magnet school. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 8/10.
- Wharton Dual Language Academy at 900 W Gray St. An alternative primary school, Wharton offers a Language Magnet program for students in grades PK through 8. It features a program that incorporates both Spanish and English languages. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10/10.
- Wilson Montessori at 2100 Yupon St. Also known as Wilson Elementary, this school offers a Montessori program that encourages self-reliance and independence.
- Lanier Middle School at 2600 Woodhead St. In 2011, Sidney Lanier Middle School received a Texas Gold Performance Award. It offers a Vanguard program for exemplary students and has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10/10.
- Gregory-Lincoln Education Center at 1101 Taft. GLEC features a Fine Arts magnet program for students in grades K to 8. It offers classes in vocal and instrumental music, theater, dance, culinary arts, visual arts, and multimedia arts.
- Baylor College of Medicine Academy at Ryan at 2610 Elgin St. BCMAR is a magnet middle school located in the campus where Ryan Middle School once stood. A relatively new school, it offers offers a unique Medical Magnet program that is centered on a health science based curriculum.
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd. Home to the Lamar Redskins, this high school has one of the best Athletics programs in the area. Lamar also boasts of the oldest lacrosse programs in Texas. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 7/10.
- High School for the Performing and Visual Arts at 4001 Stanford St. Also known as HSPVA, this school boasts of “an academic program with concentrated training in the arts.” HSPVA is divided into six departments, including creative writing, vocal music, instrumental music, dance, theater, and visual arts.
Montrose also features several private schools. Here are some of them:
- The Harris School at 900 Lovett Blvd.
- Avalon Academy at 1616 Indiana St.
- Kipling Street Academy at 1425 Kipling St.
- School For Young Children at 810 Sul Ross St.
- St Stephens Episcopal School at 1800 Sul Ross St.
- Annunciation Orthodox School at 3600 Yoakum Blvd.
To find an updated listing of all Montrose real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Montrose Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Montrose Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within the Inner Loop.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177.