Museum District Homes For Sale Under $1M
As Houston’s main cultural hub, the Museum District is home to some of the most visited museums in the country. Its various institutions dedicated to historical, cultural, and scientific pieces inspire much of the neighborhood’s vibrant charm.
Welcoming over 8 million visitors per year, the district has a collection of 19 member museums and institutions within a 1.5-mile area.
Houston Museum District homes for sale are in great demand due to its great location and accessibility. The neighborhood is centrally located within the Inner Loop, directly north of the Medical Center and a couple of miles southwest of Houston’s Central Business District.
Known for its pedestrian-friendly and tree-lined streets, the Museum District has convenient access to entertainment and retail hotspots in The Galleria, and business and employment centers in Downtown Houston and the Texas Medical Center. The district is along two major freeways, Southwest and South, and it has three MetroRAIL Red Line stations within its borders.
The Museum District features a number of housing options, including mansions that date back to the Roaring Twenties, townhomes in gated villages, quaint patio homes and bungalows, and chic, European-inspired condos. The neighborhood also boasts of one of the fastest growing real estate markets in Houston.
With more development on the way and tightening inventories, the Museum District real estate market can be challenging to navigate..
Contact Paige Martin, one of the best Museum District Houston realtors and head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177 for advice or questions about buying or selling a Museum District townhome.
Museum District Houston Resources:
- Museum District Neighborhood Guide
- All Museum District Homes For Sale
- Most Expensive Museum District Homes For Sale
- Best Value Museum District Homes Under $500,000
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
NOTE: Museum District homes are among the fastest selling real estate in Houston. Some of the properties are off-market (not publicly listed). For more information on available Museum District homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email [email protected]
Museum District Houston Neighborhood Guide
Nestled in the area where the South and Southwest freeways meet, the Museum District is one of the most accessible neighborhoods in the Inner Loop.
It has Rice University to the west, the Texas Medical Center to the south, the Third Ward to the east, and Midtown to the north, just across Southwest Freeway. Downtown Houston is located further north, just beyond Midtown.
The Museum District has three MetroRAIL stations (Museum District, Hermann Park/Rice U, and Wheeler).
Effectively sandwiched between two of Houston’s major employment centers, Downtown and the Medical Center, the Museum District also has great access to the area’s entertainment, dining, and retail hubs.
The district features a wide variety of housing options, with rising interest for townhomes in gated communities and New York-style lofts and condos. Single-family homes, however, are also available in the area.
The Houston Museum District is under the 77004, 77005, 77006, 77030, and 77098 Harris County zip codes.
Nearby zip codes include 77002, 77003, 77019, 77021, and 77054. (View Houston zip code map)
Museum District Schools Information
The Houston Museum District is zoned to the Houston Independent School District (HISD)and is home to high-rated schools like MacGregor Elementary School at La Branch Street and the Young Women’s College Preparatory Academy at Cleburne Street.
- MacGregor Elementary School at 4801 La Branch St. Founded in 1922, this school used to be known as Southmore. Named after Henry F. MacGregor, the school serves students in grades EE to 5 and offers magnet programs for music and science.
- Poe Elementary School at 5100 Hazard St. Edgar Allan Poe Elementary is a fine arts magnet school, as well as a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP). Poe also offers enrichment classes in several areas including visual arts, dance, music, physical education, Suzuki violin, and technology.
- Lanier Middle School at 2600 Woodhead St. Located in the Neartown/Montrose area, Lanier Middle School is one of the HISD’s International Baccalaureate World Schools. Lanier also has a Vanguard magnet program, as well as fine arts and athletics programs. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10/10.
- Cullen Middle School at 6900 Scott St. Located a few minutes away from the Museum District, Cullen Middle School (or CMS) offers a number of academics programs. The school has a Pre-AP program, along with a Vanguard Magnet and Vanguard Neighborhood programs for Gifted and Talented students. Spanish, Music, and Aquatics are also offered at Cullen.
- Young Women’s College Preparatory Academy at 1906 Cleburne St. A relatively new school, YWCPA opened in 2011 through a partnership between the HISD and the Young Women’s Preparatory Network. This all-girls high school offers Pre-AP and AP programs.
- High School for the Performing and Visual Arts at 4001 Stanford St. Located in Montrose, HSPVA offers a curriculum that covers six art areas, including intrumental music, vocal music, dance, theater, creative writing, and visual arts.
- Debakey High School for Health Professions at 3100 Shenandoah St. One of the best public schools in the Houston area, Debakey offers the only magnet program for health professions under the HISD. It was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School in 1997-98 and 2003.
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd. Located in Upper Kirby, Lamar is an International Baccalaureate school that offers IB Diploma and AP programs. It also offers a magnet program for Business Administration. It also features a great athletics program and is home to the Lamar Texans, formerly known as the Redskins.
The Museum District is an ideal jump off point to the private schools and universities located in Rice University, Montrose, Medical Center, and the Third Ward. Several private schools are located within minutes of the neighborhood. Listed below are some of them.
- St. John’s School at 2401 Claremont Ln. Founded in 1946, St. John’s is one of the most prestigious private schools in Houston. Forbes listed it as one of “America’s Elite Prep Schools” and holds a reputation for academic excellence and selectivity. It has a great athletics program as well, and has a rivalry with The Kinkaid School.
- St. Paul’s School at 5501 Main St.
- Montessori Country Day School at 5117 La Branch St.
- Presbyterian School at 5300 Main St.
- The Joy School at 1 Chelsea Blvd.
To find an updated listing of all Museum District real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Museum District Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Museum District Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within the Inner Loop.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177.