Oak Estates Homes For Sale Under $1M
Oak Estates Houston is an exclusive Inner Loop neighborhood that rivals neighbor River Oaks’ homes and ideal location, but at a comparably lower price point.
It is the 4th most expensive Houston neighborhood and one of the most sought-after subdivisions due to:
- GREAT LOCATION: The neighborhood is less than a mile away from Uptown Houston and Galleria, and just a few minutes away from Downtown Houston. It’s close to the best entertainment, shopping, dining, and job districts of Houston.
- EXCELLENT SCHOOLS: Students are zoned to the one of the best public schools in Houston, and some of the top private schools are a few minutes from home.
- SECURITY: This gated enclave employs a 24-hour patrol service to protect its residents.
Spanning 49 acres, this charming neighborhood in the 77027 Houston zip code offers a mix of traditional homes with substantial updating and numerous new constructions.
The Oak Estates real estate market is a challenging area to navigate for homebuyers due to the constant low inventory. Finding the best Oak Estates realtor familiar with the neighborhood will allow you to acquire the best home in this competitive market.
For questions, advice, Oak Estates real estate recommendations, or off-market MLS listings, contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team and rated as the best Keller Williams Memorial realtor the last four years
Oak Estates Houston Resources:
- Oak Estates Houston Neighborhood Guide
- All Oak Estates Homes For Sale
- Most Expensive Oak Estates Homes For Sale
- Oak Estates Homes For Sale Under $700k
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
NOTE: Oak Estates homes are among the fastest selling real estate in Houston. Some of the properties are off-market (not publicly listed). For more information on available Oak Estates Houston homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-425-4194 or email [email protected]
Guide To Oak Estates Homes Under $1,000,000
Oak Estates Houston TX is flanked by Westheimer Rd. to the south, Willowick Rd. to the east, San Felipe St. to the north, and Union Pacific Railroad tracks to the west.
It is located less than a mile away to the Southwest Freeway and Interstate 610. With Uptown Houston and the Galleria just across the loop, the neighborhood is ideal for those who wish to be near the best shopping and recreational spots, as well as the busiest job centers in Houston.
Downtown Houston is easily accessible via a few minute drive along West Gray Street or Memorial Drive.
The Highland Village Shopping Center and Central Market Houston is a few minutes from anywhere within Oak Estates.
There’s a wide variety of home styles to choose from as new constructions continue to fill the area with more updated homes.
You’ll find streets lined with homes ranging from traditional ranch, country French, Georgian, Mediterranean, Italian, English Tudor, Mission, and contemporary.
Oak Estates deed restrictions only allow properties to be used as single-family residences. Around 79% of Oak Estates homes are owner-occupied.
Homes for sale under $1 million are generally properties sold for land value rather than home value, although those occupying the higher range have received substantial updating.
Oak Estates homes for sale under $1 million range from over 1,600 to nearly 3,600 square feet of living space. These homes rest on lots ranging from nearly 8,700 to 13,000 square feet; and have at least 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
These spacious lot sizes (compared to most Inner Loop neighborhoods) make Oak Estates attractive for new constructions.
Homebuyers looking to invest in a new home but find River Oaks homes for sale to be out of their price range, consider Oak Estates as one of their top choices.
Oak Estates Schools Information
The Houston Independent School District (HISD) operates the public schools zoned to Oak Estates. Many homebuyers who have children are attracted to the exceptional schools that service the area for their great after-school programs.
- River Oaks Elementary School at 2008 Kirby Dr. River Oaks Elementary School has an accelerated multidisciplinary curriculum and is one of the first three elementary schools in Texas to acquire an authorization for the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10/10.
- Lanier Middle School at 2600 Woodland. Sidney Lanier Middle School handles students from grades 6 to 8. They received a Texas Gold Performance Award based on language arts, math, reading, science, social studies, and writing in 2011. They also have a Vanguard program for gifted students. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10/10.
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd. Lamar High School has a great Athletics program. They have one of the oldest lacrosse programs in the state. Their football team, The Lamar Redskins, is one of the highest-ranking teams within the Greater Houston area. It has GreatSchools.org rating of 7/10.
Oak Estates Private Schools
There are also many excellent private schools within a few minutes from Oak Estates homes for sale. Like neighboring River Oaks and Royden Oaks, most of the students attend private schools.
River Oaks Baptist School accepts students from preschool to middle school. Located along Willowick Rd, the school focuses on a firm foundation in academics, character education, and spiritual development. The school has received numerous recognitions for their foreign language and arts programs.
The Kinkaid School is a non-sectarian school attended by students from PK -12. it is also the oldest independent coeducational school in Greater Houston. It has a GreatSchools community rating of 4/5.
The Episcopal High School on 4650 Bissonnet St. is a co-educational school with a curriculum based on academics, religion, fine arts, and athletics. It has a GreatSchools community rating of 4/5.
Other private schools in the area include:
- The Childhood Center
- St. Luke’s Day School
- Bethany Christian School
- Children’s Garden Montessori School
- Houston Preparatory Academy
- St. Anne Catholic School
- St. Stephen’s Episcopal School
- St. Thomas High School
- Woodlake Square Children’s Center
- Grace School
- Memorial Lutheran Church and School
- Katy Montessori School
- Bethany Christian School
To find an updated listing of all Oak Estates real estate zoned to any specific public school, please email Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property type and budget that you’re looking for.
*Note: school zoning can change from year to year, information above is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed. Please double check.
Oak Estates Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Oak Estates Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within the Inner Loop. For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-425-4194.