Oak Forest also has some of the highest rated elementary and middle schools in Houston.
The Oak Forest Elementary School is rated 9 out of 10 by GreatSchools.org and is among the top public elementary schools in the Houston Independent School District. One of the oldest schools in Houston, Oak Forest Elementary School students scored between 6 to 18 percentage points higher than the state average in Writing, Science, and Math.
Check the list of Oak Forest homes for sale under $600,000 below.
For more information on available Oak Forest homes for sale, call Paige Martin at
713-384-5177 or email [email protected]
Oak Forest Homes: Neighborhood Overview
Efficient master-planning made Oak Forest one of the more organized neighborhoods in Houston (please see the inner map of Oak Forest above for a better reference). Oak Forest is currently the 28th most walkable neighborhood in Houston, based from Walkscore reports. The area’s 59 over 100 “Bikeable rating” is also above the average rating for Houston neighborhoods.
Yelp.com has over 230 rated establishments in the area. Notable commercial establishments include:
- Facundo Cafe ( Breakfast & Brunch, Burgers, Coffee) at 3103 Ella Blvd.
- Petrol Station (Restaurant, Bar) at 985 Wakefield Dr
- Shepherd Park Draught House (American Gastropub) at 3402 N Shepherd
- Plonk! Beer & Wine Bistro (Wine Bar) at 1214 W 43rd St
Recreational parks are also a few minutes away from most Oak Forest homes. Residents are only a short distance away from biking trails, picnic destinations, and scenic jogging trails.
Parks in Oak Forest include:
- American Legion Park at 3621 Golf Dr.
- Candlelight Park at 1520 Candlelight Ln.
- Forest West Park at 5915 Golden Forest Dr.
- Graham Park at 540 W. 34th St.
- Langwood Park at 3975 Bolin
- Mangum Manor Park at 5235 Saxon
- Langwood Park at 3975 Bolin
- Nacol Park at 4418 Bingle
- Oak Forest Park at 2100 Judiway
- Rosslyn Park at 6500 Pinemont
- Shepherd Park at 4725 Brinkman
- Watonga Parkway at 4100 Watonga Blvd
Oak Forest Homes For Sale: Schools
The Houston Independent School District (HISD) serves Oak Forest. The public schools associated with homes in Oak Forest include:
- Benbrook Elementary School at 4026 Bolin Rd (View Benbrook’s attendance zone)
- Durham Elementary School at 4803 Brinkman St (View Durham’s attendance zone)
- Garden Oaks Elementary School 901 at Sue Barnett Dr. (View Garden Oaks’ attendance zone)
- Oak Forest Elementary School at 1401 W 43rd St. (View Oak Forest’s attendance zone)
- Stevens Elementary School at 1910 La Monte Ln. (View Stevens’ attendance zone)
- Wainwright Elementary School at 5330 Milwee St. (View Wainwright’s attendance zone)
Parts of Oak Forest is also zoned to Clifton Middle School. Clifton Middle School got a 7 out of 10 GreatSchools.org ranking, with its students scoring between 6 to 23 percentage points higher than the state average in various subjects.
Built in 1951, Oak Forest Elementary School is one of the oldest and highest rated elementary schools in Texas. Greatschools.org gives it a 9 out of 10 score – one of the highest marks in Texas.
Oak Forest Elementary School students scored between 6 to 18 percentage points higher than the state average in the subjects of Writing, Science, and Math.
Greatschools.org gives Clifton Middle School a rating of 7 out of 10 due to its students’ strong test scores particularly in Math. Clifton Middle School testers scored between 6 to 23 percentage points above the average score in Texas.
Waltrip High School is rated 5 out of 10 by Greatschools.org. While it remains average in most subjects, its Grade 11 students got between 91% to 98% test scores in English Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies.
Oak Forest Private Schools
Notable private schools within a 10-15 minute drive of Oak Forest include:
- Christian School of Northwest Houston at 6720 W Tidwell Rd.
- Memorial Hall School at 3721 Dacoma St.
- Montessori Children’s Cottage at 4009 Sherwood Ln.
- St. Ambrose Catholic School in at 4213 Mangum Rd.
- St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church at 3600 Brinkman St.
- Temple Oaks Baptist School at 2101 W 34th St.
To find an updated listing of all Oak Forest real estate zoned to any specific public school, please email Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property type and budget that you’re looking for.
*Note: school zoning can change from year to year, information above is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed. Please double check.