River Hollow Houston | River Hollow Homes For Sale
Built in the early 1970s, River Hollow is a private gated community with townhomes and single-family homes.
Much of the neighborhood’s appeal stems from its location within a quiet secluded area, minutes away from the hustle and bustle of the Galleria.
The community is quite popular due to its:
- PROXIMITY TO THE GALLERIA: The Galleria area, located less than a mile away from River Hollow, is one of Houston’s busiest employment and retail centers. Over 2,000 business operate out of the area, with 50,000+ employees.
- EASY ACCESS TO MEMORIAL PARK: Memorial Park, a 1,400-acre urban park, is located just north of the River Hollow. Popular destinations within the park include the Lieberman Exer-trail and the Memorial Park Golf Course. Miles of multi-use trails, sports facilities, and playgrounds are also within the park.
- RETAIL AND ENTERTAINMENT NEARBY: Over 200 Yelp-rated establishments are within a mile of Riverhollow homes. The Galleria, River Oaks District, Uptown Park, and Highland Village are a short drive away.
- GREAT LOCATION: Located just off Post Oak Park Drive, River Hollow homes have near immediate access to several main roads, including Loop 610, Post Oak Boulevard, and San Felipe Street. Downtown Houston is approximately 7 miles away from the community.
- SECURITY: Tucked away within a quiet lush area just south of the Buffalo Bayou, River Hollow is a private residential enclave with a 24-hour manned gate.
Navigating River Hollow real estate can get tricky, mostly due to low inventory in the subdivision. Less than 10 properties were listed/sold in the area over the last 3 years.
POPULAR River Hollow TX RESOURCES
- The Galleria area, located less than a mile away from River Hollow, is one of Houston’s busiest employment and retail centers. Over 2,000 business operate out of the area, with 50,000+ employees.
- Memorial Park, a 1,400-acre urban park, is located just north of the River Hollow. Popular destinations within the park include the Lieberman Exer-trail and the Memorial Park Golf Course. Miles of multi-use trails, sports facilities, and playgrounds are also within the park.
- Over 200 Yelp-rated establishments are within a mile of Riverhollow homes. The Galleria, River Oaks District, Uptown Park, and Highland Village are a short drive away.
- Located just off Post Oak Park Drive, River Hollow homes have near immediate access to several main roads, including Loop 610, Post Oak Boulevard, and San Felipe Street. Downtown Houston is approximately 7 miles away from the community.
- Tucked away within a quiet lush area just south of the Buffalo Bayou, River Hollow is a private residential enclave with a 24-hour manned gate.
- River Hollow homes are zoned to HISD schools, all three of which serve International Baccalaureate programs: St. George Place Elementary, Lanier Middle, and Lamar High School.
- The community is made up of around 40 townhomes and patio homes.
- River Hollow’s 24-hour manned gate is located on River Hollow Lane, just a couple of blocks away from Loop 610.
- River Hollow homes were built between 1972 and 1980. Homes in the area are typically smaller, with living spaces ranging from 2,300 to more than 5,000 square feet.
- Most homes in the community feature 3-bedroom floor plans (with 2 to 3 full baths). Common features include back patios, high ceilings, spacious master suites, balconies, and rooftop decks.
- Lot sizes are also smaller, ranging from 2,800 to 4,600 square feet.
- Prices for River Hollow homes for sale can range from $450,000 to over $900,000.
River Hollow is a gated community nestled within Briar Hollow. Made up of around 40 townhomes and patio homes, the community lies just south the Buffalo Bayou and Memorial Park.
Also known as Riverhollow, the community features a 24-hour manned security gate just off River Hollow Lane, a few blocks away from Post Oak Boulevard and Loop 610.
Other gated communities nearby include Raintree Place and Audubon Hollow.
The Galleria area, one of Houston’s main business and retail centers, is minutes away from the community. Over 2,000 businesses and companies operate out of the area, with over 50,000 employees.
River Hollow is a few blocks away from Uptown Park, a European-style shopping center. Post Oak Plaza, River Oaks District, and Highland Village are all within a few minutes away from the community.
Downtown Houston is approximately 7.5 miles from the community.
River Hollow Houston real estate have a 77027 zip code. (View Houston zip code map.)
– “One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents,” Real Trends
– Five Star Realtor Award, Multi-Year Winner
– “One of Houston’s Top 50 Realtors,” Houston Chronicle
River Hollow homes are zoned to the Houston Independent School District (HISD).
Established in the 1920s, Houston ISD is the largest school district in the state (with 283 schools). The Texas Education Agency (TEA) gave the district a “Met Standard” rating in 2016. HISD features several International Baccalaureate (IB) World schools, including Lamar High School, Lanier Middle School, and St. George Place Elementary School.
Students in the area may attend the following public schools:
- St. George Place Elementary School at 5430 Hidalgo St. Also known as The School at St. George Place, it is located within the Galleria area. The school offers several academic programs, including the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP), a Vanguard neighborhood program (for gifted and talented students), ESL, and special education.
- Lanier Middle School at 2600 Woodhead St. Located in nearby Montrose, Lanier Middle School was established in the 1920s. The school offers the IB Middle Years Programme (MYP), a non-magnet neighborhood program, and a Gifted and Talented Vanguard magnet program. Lanier received the Texas Gold Performance Award in 2011.
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd. Like St. George Place Elementary and Lanier Middle, Lamar High School (in Upper Kirby) is also an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. It offers the Diploma Programme and boasts of the most graduates with IB diplomas in the state. Lamar also offers a Business Management magnet program, along with several Advanced Placement programs. The school is also known for its great athletics programs, particularly football and lacrosse.
River Hollow Houston Private Schools
The following are some of the more notable private schools near River Hollow.
- St. John’s School at 2401 Claremont Ln.
- Afton Oaks School at 4739 Ingersoll St.
- Presbyterian School at 5300 Main St.
- St. Anne Catholic School at 2120 Westheimer Rd.
- Episcopal High School at 4650 Bissonnet St.
To find an updated listing of all River Hollow real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
River Hollow real estate have seen growth over the past 10 years, with median appraised values at around $600,000.
Note: There have been, however, less than 20 public sales over the past 2 years. Given the limited data set for the community (since we didn’t want to show non-statically significant trends), we’ve put in real estate trends for all Briar Hollow homes above.
(Data sourced from the Houston Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.)
For updated information regarding River Hollow real estate pricing and trend analysis, please contact Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com.
Similar to Raintree Place, River Hollow is made up mostly of townhomes and a few detached patio homes.
As mentioned these properties don’t share a wall with their neighbors. Home and lot sizes are comparable to their townhome counterparts, however.
River Hollow homes offer 3 bedrooms spread over two stories.
River Hollow homes are mostly two-story townhomes (properties that share a wall with one or two neighbors) and patio homes.
Built between the early 1970s to the 1980s, townhomes in the community mostly feature traditional or contemporary designs with brick veneer or brick and wood exteriors.
River Hollow townhomes often offer 3-bedroom floor plans (with 2 to 3 full baths) spread over 2,600 to more than 4,300 square feet of living space. Common features include back patios, balconies, two-car garages, roof top decks, and high ceilings.
Prices for River Hollow homes range from $450,000 to upwards of $900,000.
There are no mid or high-rise condos in River Hollow. Briar Hollow and nearby neighborhoods like the Galleria and River Oaks have plenty of residential buildings. Unit sizes, floor plans, and building amenities vary.
Briar Hollow condos include:
- The Arabella
- The Wilshire
- Chateau Briar Hollow
- Highland Tower
- 58 BriarHollow Lane
- Park Square One Condominiums
Here are more condos in nearby River Oaks and Galleria area.
- River Oak Gardens
- Piedmont at River Oaks
- The Royalton at River Oaks
- Bayou Bend Towers
- Inwood Manor
- Regency House
- Renoir Lofts
- The Willowick
- The River Oaks
The area south of Memorial Park and Buffalo Bayou and west of River Oaks used to be farmland.
Surrounding neighborhoods Highland Village, Afton Oaks, and Oak Estates have been established well before development in Briar Hollow started in the 1970s.
The period during the 1970s and the 1980s saw development in several communities in the area, including River Hollow, Raintree Place, and Park Square Condominiums.
Today, River Hollow is still one of the best gated communities in Houston, thanks mostly to its central location and high accessibility.
River Hollow residents have over 200 Yelp-rated establishments within a mile of their homes. Several retail and entertainment hubs are within minutes away from the community, as well as Memorial Park.
The Galleria/Uptown Park area, located less than a mile from River Hollow, is home to more than 5,000,000 square feet of retail and commercial space. The Galleria, one of the largest retail centers in the state, offers 2,000,000+ square feet of leasable space with anchors including Macy’s, Neiman Marcus, Nortstrom, and Saks Fifth Avenue.
Other retail centers nearby include River Oaks District, Highland Village, and Uptown Park.
Outdoor entertainment hubs are also minutes away from River Hollow. Memorial Park, covering the lush 1,400-acre area north of the community, features an 18-hole municipal golf course, miles of hike-and-bike trails, sports facilities, and picnic areas.
Residents can also enjoy the River Hollow’s swimming pool.
Here are some of River Hollow Houston must-visit places:
- rise nº2
- Liberty Kitchen & Oysterette
- Etoile Cuisine et Bar
- Uptown Sushi
- North Italia
- Yia Yia Mary’s
- Songkran Thai Kitchen
- True Food Kitchen
- Willie G’s Seafood
- McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood & Steaks
- The Tasting Room
- Sozo Sushi & Lounge
- Maggiano’s Little Italy
- Inferno Pizza
- River Oaks District
- The Galleria
- Highland Village
- Uptown Park
- Post Oak Plaza
- Sage Plaza Shopping Center
- Story Ultralounge
- Bosscat Kitchen & Libations
- Bar 12
- The Remington Bar
- Steak 48
- Le Colonial
- The Railyard
- 17fifty Bistro & Lounge
- BLVD 610
- Wild Plum Bar
- Central Market
- Westcreek Market and Deli
- Hatterman Poultry Farm
- Whole Foods Market
- Urban Harvest Farmers Market
Golf and Outdoor Entertainment
- River Oaks Country Club
- Memorial Park
- Houston Arboretum & Nature Center
- Seymour Lieberman Exercise Trail
- Memorial Park Tennis Center
- Memorial Park Golf Course
- Picnic Loop
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, Houston Business Journal and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin, a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team, is ranked as one of the top residential real estate agents in the world.