River Oaks Luxury Real Estate | Most Expensive River Oaks Homes
Looking for a great home at Houston's best and most expensive neighborhoods? Check out properties in the affluent River Oaks area.
River Oaks is Houston’s most expensive neighborhood. River Oaks homes are mostly new construction single-family homes, stately mansions, and renovated grand Victorian estates.
River Oaks Houston Resources:
Best Houston Neighborhoods: Winners & Losers Over The Past Decade
River Oaks Area Map
For more information on available River Oaks Houston homes for sale, call Paige Martin at
713-425-4194 or email Paige Martin at PMartin@HoustonProperties.com
"The Houston Properties Team are data hounds. Their knowledge of the sale trends and appreciation rates in the Greater Heights area is top-notch. Paige Martin and her team are the best listing agents in our area." – G. Wellington
Table of Contents
- Most Expensive River Oaks Homes For Sale
- River Oaks Neighborhood: Fun Things To Do In River Oaks
- The Best Houston Realtor to Sell Your Home
Most Expensive River Oaks Homes For Sale
"If you’d like to see any specific single-family homes or learn about Houston neighborhoods that are best for you, please contact Paige Martin at PMartin@HoustonProperties.com, ranked #1 Individual Agent with Keller Williams in Houston and #10 in the United States."
River Oaks features a collection of over 1,600 lavish mansions, private estates, and other elegant homes.
River Oaks is the most expensive neighborhood in Houston and features one of the wealthiest zip codes in America, 77019. This beautiful enclave offers leafy boulevards, spacious lots, meticulously maintained lawns, and breathtaking views of the bayou.
River Oaks spans 1,100 acres between Downtown and Galleria. It is located within Interstate 610 and bounded by Buffalo Bayou to the north, Westheimer Road to the South, South Shepherd Drive to the east, and Willowick Road to the west.
River Oaks is home to many CEOs, wealthy entrepreneurs, and board directors. It is just four miles from the Central Business District, with easy access to the Greenway Plaza area, The Galleria, Medical Center, and various museums, theaters, and other cultural events.
Averaging 4 bedrooms and 5 baths, the median appraised value of River Oaks homes for sale is over $1,300,000.
River Oaks Neighborhood Map
River Oaks Neighborhood: Fun Things To Do In River Oaks
“Paige Martin and her team are simply the best. She has worked with my husband and me for the last couple of years in our quest to find the perfect first home. She was patient with us throughout the process and took the time to answer all of our questions! She knows so much about the housing market so we felt very confident that we were in great hands!” – Dr. Jen Shroff
The neighborhood boasts a 72 out of 100 walkability score, making it one of the most “walkable” areas in Houston.
There are plenty of restaurants, bars, boutiques, and art galleries just a few blocks away from most of River Oaks homes.
The Oak Bar – The Oak Bar has DJs spinning most nights asl regulars dance around while sipping cocktails.
1919 Wine & Mixology – 1919 Wine & Mixology offers a hybrid of wine and specially-curated cocktails.
The Railyard – The Railyard sets itself apart from other neighborhood bars by offering cheap beer and a laid-back attitude.
Downing Street – Downing Street is a cigar-bar-themed pub that offers incredible whiskeys and various martinis.
Red Lion Pub – The Red Lion is a British Pub that offers a huge selection of beer and cider along with delicious pub food.
River Oaks Bookstore – A venue for book signings and photography exhibits, The River Oaks Bookstore has been in the neighborhood for over 40 years.
The River Oaks Shopping Center at West Gray and S.Shepherd has 76 stores, 14 restaurants, a theater, and a grocery store.
Antique Pavilion – An upscale multi-dealer shop that houses an inventory of authentic antiques, fine accessories, and a vast assortment of collectibles.
Buffalo Bayou Park – This 124-acre park offers kayaking, canoeing, jogging trails, biking trails, hiking trails, a skate park, a disc golf course, and a dog park.
The River Oaks Country Club is located at 1600 River Oaks Boulevard. It hosts the annual River Oaks International Tournament, among other golf tournaments.
The Downtown Aquarium & Restaurant houses a 500,000-gallon underwater adventure complex with over 200 species of aquatic life forms from all over the globe.
Americas River Oaks – This award-winning restaurant offers a menu that merges the bold flavors of South America with influences of Caribbean and Mexican cuisine.
Ouisie’s – The restaurant offers trendy and elegant yet classic southern food and is among the most popular breakfast spots in Houston.
Brasserie 19 is situated in the heart of the 77019 zip code, hence its name. It features classic French cuisine with Modern American influences.
La Griglia offers guests the experience of authentic Italian dining. It was named by Esquire magazine as one of the Best New Restaurants in America.
Tony Mandola’s is considered one of the best seafood and Italian restaurants in Houston.
Backstreet Cafe offers New American choices prepared by James Beard, and Chef Hugo Ortega.
Armando’s is famous for its upscale Mexican fare and has been a staple for many well-heeled locals and celebrities for decades.
River Oaks Landmark Theater, located at the corner of West Gray and Shepherd in the River Oaks Shopping Center, features a mix of different movies and hosts many world premieres.
Houston Theater District - It is a 17-block area that houses venues such as Jones Hall, Wortham Theater Center, Alley Theater, Bayou Place, and Hobby Center for Performing Arts.
Rienzi - This Museum of Fine Arts, Houston house museum has a collection of Worcester porcelain, English and European paintings, and English furniture.
The Archway Gallery is one of Houston’s oldest artist-owned and operated galleries. It exhibits a great selection of high-quality sculptures, potteries, and paintings.
The International Decor Gallery specializes in classical antiquities from Asia, Africa, South America, and pre-Columbian Mexico.
The Best Houston Realtor to Sell Your Home
The Houston Properties Team has a well-defined structure based on the individual strengths of each member. Each member is a specialist in their role – which is why our homes sell faster and for more money than average.
Paige Martin, Broker Associate with Keller Williams Realty, and the Houston Properties Team are ranked among the top residential Realtors in the world.
They have been featured on TV and in dozens of publications including The Wall Street Journal, Fortune Magazine, Reuters, Fox News in the Morning, Money Magazine, Houston Business Journal, Houstonia, and Houston Chronicle.
Paige Martin was just ranked as the #5 agent in the world with Keller Williams, completing over $1 Billion in Houston residential real estate sales.
Recent awards include:
– 2022: #1 Residential Real Estate Team by Sales Volume, Houston Business Journal
– 2021: Best Real Estate Teams in America, RealTrends.com
– 2021: Top 100 Women Leaders in Real Estate of 2021
– 2021: America’s Top 100 Real Estate Agents
– 2021: Top Real Estate Team (Houston Properties Team), Houston Business Journal
– 2021: Best Houston Real Estate Team, Best of Reader’s Choice
– 2021: Top Real Estate Team (Houston Properties Team), Houston Business Journal
– 2021: #1 Real Estate Team, Keller Williams Memorial
– 2020: America’s Best Real Estate Teams, Best of America Trends
– 2020: Best Houston Real Estate Team, Best of Reader’s Choice
– 2020: Top Real Estate Team (Houston Properties Team), Houston Business Journal
– 2020: #6 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
– 2020: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas (Top Keller Williams Realtor)
– 2020: #1 Real Estate Team, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2019: Top Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2019: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2019: #5 Individual Agent, KW Worldwide
- 2019: #1 Individual Agent, KW Texas
- 2018: #5 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
- 2018: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2018: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2018: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2018: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2018: Texas’ Most Influential Realtors
- 2017: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2017: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2017: #10 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
- 2017: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2017: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2017: Texas’ Most Influential Realtors
- 2016: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2016: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2016: #20 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
- 2016: Texas’ Most Influential Realtors
- 2016: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, HBJ
- 2016: Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly
- 2016: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015: #9 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, United States
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2015: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, HBJ
- 2015: Five Star Realtor, Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2014: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2014: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
...in addition to over 318 additional awards.
Paige also serves a variety of non-profits, and civic and community boards. She was appointed by the mayor of Houston to be on the downtown TIRZ board.
Benefits Of Working With The Houston Properties Team
Our team, composed of distinguished and competent Houston luxury realtors, has a well-defined structure based on the individual strengths of each member.
We find the team approach as the most effective way to sell homes. We have dedicated people doing staging, marketing, social media, open houses, and showings. Each Houston Properties Team member is a specialist in their role—which is why our homes sell faster and for more money than average.
The benefits of working with a team include:
- the ability to be in two or three places at one time; a member can handle showings, while another answer calls
- collective time and experience of members
- targeted advice and marketing of agent expert in your area
- competitive advantage by simply having more resources, more ideas, and more perspectives
- a “checks and balances” system; selling and buying a home in Houston is an intensely complex process
- more people addressing field calls and questions from buyers and agents to facilitate a faster, successful sale
- efficient multi-tasking; one agent takes care of inspections and repair work, while another agent focuses on administrative details
- multiple marketing channels using members’ networks
- constant attention: guaranteed focus on your home and your transaction
- lower risk for mistakes. Multiple moving parts increase oversights. A team approach handles these “parts” separately
- flexibility in negotiation and marketing
- better management of document flow
- increased foot traffic through more timely and effective showing schedule coordination; and
- increased sphere of influence and exposure to more potential buyers.
To meet all the award-winning members of the Houston Properties Team, please go here.
Best Houston Real Estate Resources
- Houston Texas Zip Code Map | HoustonProperties
- How To Avoid Buying In Houston's Flooded Zones
- Houston Neighborhoods | Houston Map, Real Estate, Homes
- Paige Martin Top Houston Realtor
- Oak Estates Homes For Sale & Real Estate Trends