River Oaks Neighborhood Maps
One of the United States’ most exclusive neighborhoods.
River Oaks is an affluent and exclusive subdivision right in the heart of Houston, TX. The neighborhood spans 1,100 acres and is bounded by Buffalo Bayou to the north, Westheimer Road to the South, South Shepherd Drive to the east, and Willowick Road to the west.
Known as Houston’s first master-planned community, River Oaks is a shaded paradise in between The Galleria and Montrose neighborhoods.
This rich community also boasts large retail centers such as the Highland Village and the River Oaks Shopping Center. Foodies, shoppers, and visitors flock to the opulent neighborhood for the food, activities, and beautiful mansions.
River Oaks Houston Related Resources:
"The Houston Properties Team under the leadership of Paige Martin is one of the most successful real estate teams in Texas. Paige and her team take the pain out of the real estate experience through hard work, proprietary systems and processes, and a deep understanding of the hyper-local Houston real estate market. She's ranked #5 in Keller Williams worldwide and #1 in Houston with good reason." – Sandy (Google Review)
Table of Contents
- Two New River Oaks Houston Neighborhood Maps
- River Oaks Real Estate Guide
- The Best Houston Realtor to Sell Your Home
Two New River Oaks Houston Neighborhood Maps
If you’d like to see any specific single-family homes or learn about Houston neighborhoods that are best for you, please contact Paige Martin at PMartin@HoustonProperties.com, ranked #1 Individual Agent with Keller Williams in Houston and #10 in the United States.
River Oaks Maps: Neighborhood
Located between Downtown and the Galleria area, River Oaks is within the Houston Inner Loop, giving it easy access to the city’s main districts.
Just 4 miles from River Oaks is Downtown Houston. Galleria, Museum District, the Greenway Plaza area, Houston Medical Center, various museums and theaters, and Memorial are all less than 10 minutes away from the neighborhood.
Neighborhoods near River Oaks include Upper Kirby, Fourth Ward, Montrose, Rice Military, Memorial Park, Briar Hollow, Midtown, Tanglewood, Galleria, West University, and Museum District.
Since its early days, the focal point of River Oaks is its namesake boulevard, a wide avenue of stately mansions leading to the River Oaks Country Club’s grand portico.
The neighborhood became famous for its impressive roster of homes designed by the country’s premier residential architects. Many River Oaks mansions are products of well-known architects such as John Staub, Birdsall P. Briscoe, Hiram Salisbury, and Howard Barnstone.
River Oaks is one of the most luxurious communities in the city, with homes in the area usually consisting of oversized traditional American homes with massive lawns. River Oaks Boulevard exudes an old-world charm that complements the lavish lifestyles of the cream of Houston’s society.
Aside from the rows of elegant houses that comprise River Oaks, much of the community’s beauty comes from the abundance of verdant elements in the area. The entirety of River Oaks is a scenic view of towering trees that line streets coupled with intricately detailed bushes that lead to pocket gardens.
River Oaks Real Estate Guide
"The Houston Properties Team make real estate transactions a lot less complicated for sellers – they take care of everything AND they get the highest prices and the shortest closings. Paige went the extra mile in helping us and has been diligent in giving us reliable and intelligent recommendations. You're the best Paige and congrats on being the #1 Keller Williams agent in the entire state of Texas!" – Kathryn (Google Review)
River Oaks is Houston’s most expensive neighborhood. River Oaks is also the 7th richest neighborhood in the U.S., behind neighborhoods such as Manhattan’s Upper East Side, Honolulu, and Beverly Hills.
River Oaks is one of the few real estate markets that have shown strength even in times when the US real estate markets are struggling.
River Oaks homes for sale have a neighborhood value range of $845,000 to $2,800,000. The River Oaks median home price is nearly $1.1M, features approximately 3,700 living spaces, a lot of 11,500 square feet, and features 3.5 bedrooms and just over 3 bathrooms.
What initially was a smaller area, the neighborhood has matured and flourished over the years. Elegant homes pay tribute to a wealth of architectural styles such as chateaus, Tudor, plantation, Spanish, Palladian, and traditional one-story homes.
The Best Houston Realtor to Sell Your Home
The Houston Properties Team has a well-defined structure based on the individual strengths of each member. Each member is a specialist in their role – which is why our homes sell faster and for more money than average.
Paige Martin, Broker Associate with Keller Williams Realty, and the Houston Properties Team are ranked among the top residential Realtors in the world.
They have been featured on TV and in dozens of publications including The Wall Street Journal, Fortune Magazine, Reuters, Fox News in the Morning, Money Magazine, Houston Business Journal, Houstonia, and Houston Chronicle.
Paige Martin was just ranked as the #5 agent in the world with Keller Williams, completing over $1 Billion in Houston residential real estate sales.
Recent awards include:
– 2022: #1 Residential Real Estate Team by Sales Volume, Houston Business Journal
– 2021: Best Real Estate Teams in America, RealTrends.com
– 2021: Top 100 Women Leaders in Real Estate of 2021
– 2021: America’s Top 100 Real Estate Agents
– 2021: Top Real Estate Team (Houston Properties Team), Houston Business Journal
– 2021: Best Houston Real Estate Team, Best of Reader’s Choice
– 2021: Top Real Estate Team (Houston Properties Team), Houston Business Journal
– 2021: #1 Real Estate Team, Keller Williams Memorial
– 2020: America’s Best Real Estate Teams, Best of America Trends
– 2020: Best Houston Real Estate Team, Best of Reader’s Choice
– 2020: Top Real Estate Team (Houston Properties Team), Houston Business Journal
– 2020: #6 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
– 2020: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas (Top Keller Williams Realtor)
– 2020: #1 Real Estate Team, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2019: Top Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2019: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2019: #5 Individual Agent, KW Worldwide
- 2019: #1 Individual Agent, KW Texas
- 2018: #5 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
- 2018: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2018: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2018: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2018: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2018: Texas’ Most Influential Realtors
- 2017: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2017: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2017: #10 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
- 2017: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2017: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2017: Texas’ Most Influential Realtors
- 2016: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2016: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2016: #20 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
- 2016: Texas’ Most Influential Realtors
- 2016: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, HBJ
- 2016: Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly
- 2016: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015: #9 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, United States
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2015: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, HBJ
- 2015: Five Star Realtor, Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2014: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2014: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
...in addition to over 318 additional awards.
Paige also serves a variety of non-profits, and civic and community boards. She was appointed by the mayor of Houston to be on the downtown TIRZ board.
Benefits Of Working With The Houston Properties Team
Our team, composed of distinguished and competent Houston luxury realtors, has a well-defined structure based on the individual strengths of each member.
We find the team approach as the most effective way to sell homes. We have dedicated people doing staging, marketing, social media, open houses, and showings. Each Houston Properties Team member is a specialist in their role—which is why our homes sell faster and for more money than average.
The benefits of working with a team include:
- the ability to be in two or three places at one time; a member can handle showings, while another answer calls
- collective time and experience of members
- targeted advice and marketing of agent expert in your area
- competitive advantage by simply having more resources, more ideas, and more perspectives
- a “checks and balances” system; selling and buying a home in Houston is an intensely complex process
- more people addressing field calls and questions from buyers and agents to facilitate a faster, successful sale
- efficient multi-tasking; one agent takes care of inspections and repair work, while another agent focuses on administrative details
- multiple marketing channels using members’ networks
- constant attention: guaranteed focus on your home and your transaction
- lower risk for mistakes. Multiple moving parts increase oversights. A team approach handles these “parts” separately
- flexibility in negotiation and marketing
- better management of document flow
- increased foot traffic through more timely and effective showing schedule coordination; and
- increased sphere of influence and exposure to more potential buyers.
To meet all the award-winning members of the Houston Properties Team, please go here.
Best Houston Real Estate Resources
- Houston Texas Zip Code Map | HoustonProperties
- How To Avoid Buying In Houston's Flooded Zones
- Houston Neighborhoods | Houston Map, Real Estate, Homes
- Canyon Lakes At Stone Gate Homes For Sale & Real Estate Trends
- Richwood Homes For Sale & Real Estate Trends