Guide To Winfield Gate Houston TX Townhomes For Sale
Made up of 22 upscale townhomes, Winfield Gate is named after the Winfield House (the US ambassador’s residence in Great Britain).
The exclusive gated community is quite unique with its wrought-iron railings, window boxes, and English-inspired exteriors. Residents enjoy:
- RIVER OAKS LOCATION: River Oaks features some of Houston’s most expensive real estate, with the median sales price at over $2,000,000. 77027 is also included in Forbes’ America’s Most Expensive ZIP codes list.
- EXCLUSIVITY: Rohe & Wright Builders, the same developers behind Caceres and Cheyne Walk, spearheaded this new luxury project. Winfield Gate townhomes for sale start at well over $1,500,000. (See also 16 Best Gated Communities Within 35 Minutes of Downtown Houston)
- LUXURY HOMES: Winfield Gate features English manor-style townhomes, borrowing some inspiration from Palladian architecture, arranged around a central courtyard and fountain. Some of the most luxurious units feature rooftop gardens, while SubZero/Wolf and Viking appliances, elevators, fireplaces, crown mouldings, and semi-custom interiors com standard.
- TOP SCHOOLS: River Oaks Elementary School is one of the best schools in the Greater Houston area. It is an International Baccalaureate World School, along with Lanier Middle and Lamar High.
- PROXIMITY TO EXCITING RETAIL AND ENTERTAINMENT: Located just across the street from the River Oaks Bank Building, Winfield Gate is blocks away from the area’s bustling retail and entertainment hotspots. River Oaks Shopping Center, one of the oldest shopping destinations in Houston is a few minutes away from the community.
- PROXIMITY TO BUSINESS AND EMPLOYMENT DISTRICTS: The Greenway Plaza/Upper Kirby area is about 10 minutes away from Winfield Gate. The mixed-use district features 10 commercial highrises with over 4.2 million square feet of space. Downtown is about 4 and a half miles away.
There are limited units available and most have been sold, so buying a Winfield Gate townhome can be challenging.
POPULAR Winfield Gate TX RESOURCES
- River Oaks features some of Houston’s most expensive real estate, with the median sales price at over $2,000,000. 77027 is also included in Forbes’ America’s Most Expensive ZIP codes list.
- Rohe & Wright Builders, the same developers behind Caceres and Cheyne Walk, spearheaded this new luxury project. Winfield Gate townhomes for sale start at well over $1,500,000. (See also Best Gated Communities)
- Winfield Gate features English manor-style townhomes, borrowing some inspiration from Palladian architecture, arranged around a central courtyard and fountain. Some of the most luxurious units feature rooftop gardens, while SubZero/Wolf and Viking appliances, elevators, fireplaces, crown mouldings, and semi-custom interiors com standard.
- River Oaks Elementary School is one of the best schools in the Greater Houston area. It is an International Baccalaureate World School, along with Lanier Middle and Lamar High.
- Located just across the street from the River Oaks Bank Building, Winfield Gate is blocks away from the area’s bustling retail and entertainment hotspots. River Oaks Shopping Center, one of the oldest shopping destinations in Houston is a few minutes away from the community.
- The Greenway Plaza/Upper Kirby area is about 10 minutes away from Winfield Gate. The mixed-use district features 10 commercial highrises with over 4.2 million square feet of space. Downtown is about 4 and a half miles away.
- Winfield Gate broke ground in 2011, with 14 properties (out of 22) sold before construction began.
- Marketed as “the ultimate lock and go residence”, the gated community features top-notch security features, including exterior cameras, wiring for interior cameras, and home automation.
- Winfield Gate homes feature a variety of floor plans, each named for a US ambassador. Three- to four-story, three- to four-bedroom floor plans are available.
- The luxury community draws inspiration from the US ambassador’s residence in London, Winfield House.
- Home sizes range from 3,800 to more than 6,000 square feet.
- Winfield Gate homes for sale start at around $1,500,000. The most expensive properties in the community can sell for well over $2,400,000.
Made up of 22 luxury townhomes, Winfield Gate is located within one of Houston’s most expensive neighborhoods, River Oaks. Nestled near River Oaks Bank Building and The Huntingdon, the community is south of San Felipe Street, east of Revere Street, north of Brazoria Street, and west of Argonne Street.
Downtown, Houston’s central business district, is home to more than 3,500 companies and over 100,000 employees. Other key business and employment centers like the Galleria (3 miles), the Texas Medical Center (about 4 miles), and the Greenway Plaza (2 miles) are all within convenient driving distance from the community.
Winfield Gate is minutes away from retail centers, parks, golf courses, restaurants, cafes, and bars. River Oaks Shopping Center is a few blocks away, and several dining and entertainment options line Kirby Drive, Westheimer Road, and Shepherd Drive.
Winfield Gate real estate have a 77027 zip code. (View Houston zip code map.)
– “One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents,” Real Trends
– Five Star Realtor Award, Multi-Year Winner
– “One of Houston’s Top 50 Realtors,” Houston Chronicle
Winfield Gate homes are zoned to the Houston Independent School District (HISD).
Established in the 1920s, Houston ISD is the largest school district in the state (with 283 schools). The Texas Education Agency (TEA) gave the district a “Met Standard” rating in 2016. HISD features several International Baccalaureate (IB) World schools, including Lamar High School, Lanier Middle School, and St. George Place Elementary School.
Students in the area may attend the following public schools:
- River Oaks Elementary School at 2008 Kirby Dr. River Oaks Elementary School is one of the HISD’s highly regarded schools. It is an International Baccalaureate World School and offers the Primary Years Programme (PYP). It also offers Vanguard magnet and neighborhood programs.
- Lanier Middle School at 2600 Woodhead St. Like River Oaks Elementary, Lanier Middle School is an IB World School. It serves the Middle Years Programme (MYP) and has received the Texas Gold Performance Award in 2011. The school also offers Vanguard magnet and neighborhood academic programs.
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd. Lamar High School is known for its athletics programs – it is home to the Lamar Texans, a highly rated football team in the Greater Houston area. The school also has one of the oldest lacrosse programs in Texas. Lamar is an IB World School serving the Diploma Programme. Other academic programs include Advanced Placement programs, and a Business Administration magnet program.
Winfield Gate Houston Private Schools
The following are some of the more notable private schools near Winfield Gate.
- St. John’s School at 2401 Claremont Ln.
- Afton Oaks School at 4739 Ingersoll St.
- Presbyterian School at 5300 Main St.
- St. Anne Catholic School at 2120 Westheimer Rd.
- Episcopal High School at 4650 Bissonnet St.
- St. Thomas High School at 4500 Memorial Dr.
- Annunciation Orthodox School at 3600 Yoakum Blvd.
- River Oaks Baptist School at 2300 Willowick Rd.
- River Oaks Academy at 10600 Richmond Ave.
To find an updated listing of all Winfield Gate real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Winfield Gate is still fairly new, though the community is almost sold out. Reportedly, 14 out of the 22 townhomes in the gated community sold even before construction began.
Winfield Gate is a great addition to River Oaks, one of Houston’s poshest neighborhoods. The median sales price of River Oaks homes are over $2,000,000.
(Data sourced from the Houston Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.)
For updated information regarding Winfield Gate real estate pricing and trend analysis, please contact Paige Martin at [email protected].
Winfield Gate is made up of townhomes. There are, however, plenty of detached single-family homes available in the River Oaks area.
Winfield Gate is made up of 22 luxury townhomes arranged around a central courtyard and fountain. Upscale and exclusive, the gated community is known for bringing a piece of London to River Oaks.
Winfield Gate homes are English manor-style homes with some inspiration from Palladian architecture. Three- to four-story townhomes are available, with three- to four-bedroom floor plans.
Homes in the community offer large living spaces, ranging from 3,800 to more than 6,000 square feet.
Stone and stucco, hand-forged wrought-iron railings and window boxes, and coach gas lanterns mark the Winfield Gate homes’ exteriors. Interiors are semi-custom, though luxury appliances (SubZero/Wolf and Viking), elevators, fire places, and crown mouldings come standard.
Some of the most expensive Winfield Gate townhomes offer rooftop gardens.
As a “lock and leave” community, several security features are in place, including exterior cameras, wiring for interior cameras, and home automation.
Prices for Winfield Gate townhomes for sale can start at around $1,500,000 and go upwards of $2,400,000.
There are plenty of condos near Winfield Gate, including one of River Oaks’ finest, The Huntingdon. Chateau Ten Sunset, a boutique midrise condo, is a bit further away on Welch Street.
Here are some of the best condos nearby:
- Chateau Ten Welch
- Piedmont at River Oaks
- The Royalton at River Oaks
- Bayou Bend Towers
- Inwood Manor
- Regency House
- Renoir Lofts
- The Willowick
- The River Oaks
Winfield Gate broke ground sometime in 2011. It is a fairly new luxury development in River Oaks, one of Houston’s earliest exclusive neighborhoods.
It is named after Winfield House, the US Ambassador’s London residence, and following that theme, the community’s floor plans are named for ambassadors.
Houston-based Rohe & Wright Builders, the same developers behind upscale communities like Caceres, Crain Square, Cheyne Walk, and Cadogan Place, spearheaded the project.
Brothers Will and Mike Hogg, along with Hugh Potter, spearheaded River Oaks’ development in 1923. They purchased a 200-acre tract of land around the River Oaks Country Club. Nearby Avalon Place was developed some years later, in the 1930s.
Today, both neighborhoods feature some of the most expensive and most sought after real estate in Houston. Winfield Gate exemplifies the area’s exclusivity – with its Palladian-inspired, upscale townhomes.
Located blocks away from the gated community, River Oaks Shopping Center is one of the oldest retail destinations in the Bayou City. Built in the 1930s, the shopping center has been renovated and updated over the years and today features over 70 stores, restaurants, cafes, and a movie theater.
The River Oaks Theatre, housed within a historic Art Deco building, has since become a three screen theater.
Mary Elliott Park, one of River Oaks’ many green spaces, is a couple of blocks away from Winfield Gate at 3000 Chevy Chase Drive. Other nearby parks include Homewood Park, Pine Valley Park, and Meyer Park.
Other retail and entertainment options nearby include Highland Village and River Oaks District, both a couple of miles away. Westheimer Road, Kirby Drive, and Shepherd Drive also offer a plenty of options.
Here are some of Winfield Gate Houston must-visit places:
- Zen Japanese Izakaya
- Pondicheri Bake Lab + Shop
- Pepper Twins
- State of Grace
- Backstreet Cafe
- One Fifth Steak
- Relish Restaurant & Bar
- River Oaks Shopping Center
- Shepherd Square Shopping Center
- Alabama Shepherd Shopping Center
- River Oaks District
- Highland Village Shopping Center
- The Flat
- Poison Girl
- Etro Lounge
- Story Ultralounge
- The Cellar Lounge
- Blue At Brenner’s
- The Davenport
- Avant Garden BAR
- Trader Joe’s
- Central Market
- Sprouts Farmer’s Market
- Whole Foods Market
- Phoenicia Specialty Foods
- Lankfor Grocery
- Central City Co-Op
- Elliott Park
- Meyer Park
- Homewood Park
- Pine Valley Park
- Live Oak Park
- Buffalo Bayou Park
- Autry Park
- Kirby Park
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, Houston Business Journal and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin, a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team, is ranked as one of the top residential real estate agents in the world.