Rivercrest Houston Neighborhood Guide
Rivercrest is a quiet stately neighborhood located east of Beltway 8, just off of Briar Forest Drive.
Marked by elegant mansions and acres of lush wooded lots, Rivercrest homes are one of Houston’s hidden gems.
- GREAT LOCATION: Rivercrest features close proximity to key Houston locations with the Galleria, Memorial area, and Inner Loop less than 10 miles away from the neighborhood.
- CONVENIENT ACCESS: Bordered by major roads and thoroughfares including Beltway 8, Gessner Road, and Westheimer Road, Rivercrest homes have convenient access to Houston’s finest schools, shops, restaurants, and private clubs.
- ELEGANT HOMES: One of Houston’s premier neighborhoods, Rivercrest features large stately homes mostly from the 1960s as well as impressive new constructions sprawled in acres of green spaces.
- LUSH SURROUNDINGS: Rivercrest streets are lined with massive oak and pine trees and homes are set back from the street, hidden by vast lawns and driveways to create a quiet enclave. Deed restrictions also allow residents to have horses, adding to the neighborhood’s small-town feel.
Like most of Houston’s expensive neighborhoods, Rivercrest is heavily deed-restricted to maintain the community’s look and overall atmosphere. Homebuyers will benefit from the guidance of an experienced Rivercrest realtor who knows the neighborhood, deed restrictions, and non-MLS inventory.
For any inquiries about Rivercrest homes recommendations, or off-market MLS listings, get in touch with Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team and one of the best realtors in Houston.
Rivercrest Resources (Popular Topics)
- 12 Things Rivercrest Real Estate Buyers Should Know
- Fun things to do in Rivercrest
- Neighborhoods near Rivercrest
- Rivercrest History
- Rivercrest Schools
- Paige Martin – Top Ranked Rivercrest Realtor
Call Paige at 713-425-4194 to tour a Rivercrest Houston home today or email [email protected] for more information.
Rivercrest is one of Houston’s premier neighborhoods, thanks to its large stately homes, central location, high accessibility, and small town vibe.
- Rivercrest homes are bordered by major roads and thoroughfares including Beltway 8, Gessner Road, and Westheimer Road, giving it convenient access to Houston’s finest schools, shops, restaurants, and private clubs.
- Homes in the area feature close proximity to key Houston locations. The Galleria, Memorial area, and Inner Loop are all less than 10 miles away from the neighborhood.
- Rivercrest was established in 1946, with approximately 400 acres of land and 95 estates.
- The neighborhood is zoned the Houston ISD and a number of notable private schools are also located nearby.
- Rivercrest streets are lined with massive oak and pine trees, with homes set back from the street, hidden by vast lawns and driveways to create a quiet enclave.
- Rivercrest features large stately homes mostly from the 1960s as well as impressive new constructions sprawled in acres of green spaces.
- The neighborhood is heavily deed-restricted to maintain its stately look and small town feel.
- Rivercrest follows a horseshoe shape and deed restrictions allow residents to have horses.
- Rivercrest has a minimum lot size of 3 acres, with some properties going beyond 170,000 square feet.
- Homes in the area are done in a variety of architectural styles including traditional, ranch, Mediterranean, and contemporary designs.
- Home sizes can range from 4,000 up to 10,500 square feet, with three- up to eleven-bedroom floor plans.
- Prices for Rivercrest homes for sale can start at around $1 million up to $8 million.
Rivercrest homes have convenient access to Houston’s finest shops, restaurants, and entertainment centers such as the upscale Galleria, Memorial City Mall, and CityCentre.
Nearby golf and tennis clubs include Lakeside Country Club, Memorial Park Golf Course, Houston Country Club, and Royal Oaks Country Club.
Here are some of the best places to visit in and around Rivercrest:
- Saldivia’s South American Grill
- Avesta Persian Grill
- Eatwell Bakery Café
- Café Pita
- 88 Boiling Crawfish & Seafood Restaurant
- Le Viet Restaurant
- El Cuartel De Villa
- Memorial City Mall
- City Centre
- The Galleria
- Town & Country Village
- Bunker Hill Shopping Center
- Hedwig Village Shopping Center
- Bendwood Park
- Hedwig Park
- Memorial Park
- Terry Hershey Park
- George Bush Park
Golf and Tennis Clubs
- Lakeside Country Club
- Memorial Park Golf Course
- Houston Country Club
- Memorial Forest Club
- Westwood Golf Club
Neighborhoods near Rivercrest include:
- Bunker Hill
- Hedwig Village
- Spring Valley Village
- Hilshire Village
- Piney Point Village
- Hunters Creek
Established in 1946, Rivercrest has approximately 400 acres of land with 95 estates. The neighborhood became part of the City of Houston in the early 1950s.
The first property owners in the area wanted to be able to keep their horses, a tradition that is maintained up to this day. The neighborhood itself follows a horseshoe shape with Westheimer Road to its south, curving upwards to Briar Forest Drive to its north.
Deed restrictions were established in 1946 to maintain the look and feel of the neighborhood. Among the restrictions implemented were a minimum of 3 acres per property and homes set back at least 100 feet from the street. While some of the original homes have been torn down to make way for new construction, subdividing is still not allowed in the neighborhood.
Rivercrest homes are zoned to Houston Independent School District (HISD). Students in the area may attend the following public schools:
- Emerson Elementary School at 9533 Skyline Drive. Emerson Elementary School serves early education to grade 5 students. It offers a dual-language program called Two-Way Bilingual Immersion Program (TWBIP).
- Revere Middle School at 10502 Briar Forest Drive. Paul Revere Middle School specializes in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. Its campus also houses one of the HISD’s Math/Science Magnet school-within-a-school programs.
- Westside High School at 14201 Briar Forest Drive. Westside High School is the HISD’s Magnet School for Integrated Technology. Students can choose from 5 strands: Fine Arts, Business, Applied Science/Health Science, Computing Sciences, and Media Relations.
Rivercrest Houston Private Schools
The following are some of the notable private schools near Rivercrest:
- Saint Francis Episcopal Day School at 335 Piney Point Road. SFEDS is the largest Toddlers to 8 Episcopal parish day school in the country. Saint Francis is also recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School.
- Cecilia Catholic School at 11740 Joan of Arc Drive. Located in Hedwig Village, SCS is a non-profit coeducational school within the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston. The school’s curriculum centers of six core subjects (Theology, Mathematics, Sciences, Social Sciences, Literature, and English).
- The Kinkaid School at 201 Kinkaid School Drive. Kinkaid is one of the most prestigious private schools in the Houston area. It was originally located in Houston, but later moved to a bigger campus in Piney Point Village.
To find an updated listing of all Rivercrest real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Houston and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within Rivercrest, earning praises like “Paige Martin is the best Rivercrest Houston realtor I know.” Read more about client feedback and ratings here.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at[email protected] or 713-425-4194.