Royal Oaks Houston Homes, Real Estate, Neighborhood Info
Located just outside the Beltway, Royal Oaks Country Club is one of the most exclusive gated subdivisions in western Houston.
- EXCLUSIVITY: Royal Oaks Country Club features luxury homes with price tags well over $1M. The neighborhood rivals some of Houston’s Most Expensive Neighborhoods.
- GOLF COURSE COMMUNITY: One of Houston’s best golf course communities, the neighborhood is nestled around a par-72 Fred Couples signature golf course. The country club’s other amenities include practice facilities, swimming pools, tennis courts, a fitness center, and dining facilities.
- GATED AND SECURED: Royal Oaks is a fully-gated community with a 24-hour guard-gated entrance. Eight miles of masonry wall encloses the subdivision. Community amenities include a resort-style swimming pool, a playground, a community park, and a basketball court, among others.
- PROXIMITY TO BUSINESS DISTRICTS: Located directly west of Westchase Business District, Royal Oaks residents have convenient access to Houston’s major business and employment centers. The Energy Corridor, the Galleria, and the Texas Medical Center are within easy driving distance from the neighborhood.
- NEAR RETAIL AND ENTERTAINMENT: Both sides of Westheimer Road is lined with restaurants, bars, and other commercial establishments. Royal Oaks Village, a retail center, is a stone’s throw away.
- LUXURY RESORT-STYLE LIVING: Built where Andrau Airpark once stood, Royal Oaks offers a wide variety of luxury amenities, including a Fred Couples Signature golf course, a fitness center, and a clubhouse.
- GOOD ACCESSIBILITY: The neighborhood is just off Richmond Avenue, and residents have almost immediate access to several main roads like Westheimer Road, Westpark Tollway, Wilcrest Drive, and Beltway 8.
Buying or selling a Royal Oaks home can be tricky due to uneven development of some of its sections, quality of construction (some properties have had a lot of stucco issues), pricing nuances (some areas sell for quite a premium compared to others) and certain builder quality concerns.
POPULAR Royal Oaks TX RESOURCES
- Built where Andrau Airpark once stood, Royal Oaks offers a wide variety of luxury amenities, including a Fred Couples Signature golf course, a fitness center, and a clubhouse.
- The neighborhood is just off Richmond Avenue, and residents have almost immediate access to several main roads like Westheimer Road, Westpark Tollway, Wilcrest Drive, and Beltway 8.
- Royal Oaks homes enjoy proximity to retail and entertainment centers, as well as job centers. Westchase, the Energy Corridor, and the Galleria are minutes away from the neighborhood. Royal Oaks Village, one of Houston’s newest retail centers, is a few blocks away from Royal Oaks homes.
- A relatively new development from Las Vegas-based Sunrise Colony Co., Royal Oaks features four home types: villas, chateaus, single-family homes, and estates.
- Patio homes and townhomes are also available in surrounding neighborhoods (Royal Oaks Square, Royal Oaks Court, and Royal Oaks Courtyard Villas), some of which are within gated communities. Most feature their own set of residents-only amenities.
- Royal Oaks real estate typically features beautiful custom or semi-custom homes on mid-sized lots (by Houston standards).
- Home builders in the area include Charles Martin Custom Homes, Daybreak Custom Homes, Fairmost Homes, and McVaugh Custom Homes.
- Homes in the area are zoned to the Alief Independent School District.
- The neighborhood has an active homeowners association.
- Royal Oaks homes typically feature 4- to 5-bedroom floor plans. Home sizes are between 2,000 to 9,000 square feet.
- Lot sizes range from 4,000 to more than 20,000 square feet.
- Prices for Royal Oaks homes for sale can start at around $300,000 and can go up to more than $2,500,000.
Located just outside the Beltway, Royal Oaks is nestled directly west of Westchase, north of Westpark Tollway. The neighborhood is about 8 miles west of the Galleria and sits south of Memorial and the Energy Corridor.
The residential parts of the community take up around 140 acres of land while the country club and golf course cover 160 acres. Most of Royal Oaks sit east of W Houston Center Boulevard and south of Richmond Avenue. A small portion of the neighborhood is north of Richmond, along with a number of other residential communities (some also gated) also called Royal Oaks.
Royal Oaks homes have easy access to key business centers like Westchase and the Energy Corridor. The Galleria is a short drive away. Main Houston arteries like Westpark Drive, Westheimer Road, Beltway 8, Westpark Tollway, and Katy Freeway are all conveniently accessible from the neighborhood.
Parks, schools, entertainment and retail centers are also within driving distance from Royal Oaks homes. Commercial establishments line both sides of Westheimer Road, a few minutes away from the neighborhood.
Royal Oaks real estate have a 77082 zip code. (View Houston zip code map.)
– “One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents,” Real Trends
– Five Star Realtor Award, Multi-Year Winner
– “One of Houston’s Top 50 Realtors,” Houston Chronicle
South of Royal Oaks
- Meadows Place
- Park Meadow Townhouses
- Huntington Village
- Oak Hollow
- Lakes on West Airport
Royal Oaks homes are zoned to the Alief Independent School District (AISD).
Alief ISD serves a 36.6-square-mile area including the Westchase District and Royal Oaks Country Club. Previously known as Dairy School District #46, it has a TEA “Recognized” rating. High school placement within the district is done through a lottery system, though students may also opt to apply to Kerr, AISD’s magnet high school.
Students in the area may attend the following public schools:
- Outley Elementary School at 12355 Richmond Ave. The school was named after David Outley, Sr. a dedicated educator. Opened in 1993, Outley specializes in providing a “multicultural program” for its students, with classes in ESL, art, music, language arts, and social studies, among others.
- Budewig Intermediate School at 12570 Richmond Ave. Budewig offers a number of electives (Art, Choir, Orchestra, Health-Tech, and Drama) and clubs (Sports, Dance Fusion, BDN, and others).
- O’Donnell Middle School at 14041 Alief Clodine Rd. O’Donnell is a public co-ed school that serves students in grades 7 to 8.
- Elsik High School at 12601 High Star Dr. Elsik first opened its doors in 1975, built adjacent to its “sister school,” Hastings High School. The school boasts of having one of the best debate teams in the state, and offers dual credit for English, Government, and Economics.
- Hastings High School at 4410 Cook Rd. Opened in 1972, Hastings has two campuses. The main campus and the Ninth grade center at 6750 Cood Road.
- Taylor High School at 7555 Howell Sugar Land Dr. Taylor High School opened in 2001 to ease overcrowding in Elsik and Hastings. The relatively young school has made a name for its great athletics programs (Football, Tennis, Swimming and Diving).
Royal Oaks Houston Private Schools
The following are some of the more notable private schools near Royal Oaks.
- The Kinkaid School at 201 Kinkaird Schood Dr.
- Memorial Private High School at 14333 Fern Dr.
- River Oaks Academy at 10600 Richmond Ave.
- The Tenney School in at 3500 S Gessner Rd.
- Christ the Lord Lutheran Elementary School at 4410 S Kirkwood Rd.
- Wesley Academy at 10570 Westpark Dr.
To find an updated listing of all Royal Oaks real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Royal Oaks real estate has shown good appreciation rates over the past decade. The price per square foot of homes in the area fluctuated over the same period, but has since broken $200 in the last couple of years. (Price fluctuations don’t automatically suggest an unstable market, as prices depend on several factors. New construction, for example, tend to sell at a higher premium than resale homes.)
Median appraised value is at over $750,000.
The neighborhood’s popularity, as well as the good number of housing options available in the area, make it an excellent choice for homebuyers of different budgets and needs.
(Data sourced from the Houston Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.)
For updated information regarding Royal Oaks real estate pricing and trend analysis, please contact Paige Martin at [email protected].
There are four types of Royal Oaks homes: villas, chateaus, single-family homes, and estates. Custom and semi-custom homes are available from a number of reputable home builders.
The typical Royal Oaks home can feature a 4- to 5-bedroom floor plan. Home sizes range from 2,800 to more than 9,000 square feet. Lot sizes are generous (by Houston standards), ranging from 4,000 to more than 20,000 square feet.
Homes in the Royal Oaks communities north of Richmond can feature smaller lots and more contemporary multi-level living designs. These patio homes have smaller lots and are within gated communities (like David Weekley Homes’ Royal Oaks Square). A number of floor plans are available, though most feature 3- to 4-bedroom layouts spread across 2,000 to 3,500 square feet. Lot sizes are between 1,500 to around 4,000.
Prices for Royal Oaks homes for sale can start at $300,000 to about $500,000. The most expensive Royal Oaks real estate can sell for more than $2,500,000.
Royal Oaks is mostly made up of single-family homes, though there are plenty of townhomes and patio homes available in neighboring communities like Royal Oaks Square, Royal Oaks Court and Royal Oaks Courtyard Villas. These are mostly gated communities with new construction homes.
Royal Oaks communities often offer residents only facilities, controlled access, and new homes from reputable builders like David Weekley.
These townhomes typically feature 3/2/1 floor plans and about 2,000 square feet of living space. Prices for these Royal Oaks townhomes are between $300,000 to about $500,000.
The Royal Oaks area was previously the Andrau Airpark. The airpark had closed in 1998, and Las Vegas-based developer Sunrise Colony Co. purchased the 500-acre property.
Development of the golf course community started in 2000. It was the first country club to be built within Houston city limits in 50 years.
Upon completion, Royal Oaks is set to feature 900 single-family homes. Several luxury builders offer homes in the community, including Charles Martin Custom Homes, Daybreak Custom Homes, Fairmost Homes, and McVaugh Custom Homes.
Today, around 850 homes have been completed. The community has a very active homeowners association and is one of the best gated communities in Houston.
Thanks to the neighborhood’s relatively central location in west Houston, Royal Oaks residents are minutes away from retail and entertainment centers, including Westchase Shopping Center, West Oaks Mall, and Hong Kong City Mall, among others.
Royal Oaks Village is within walking distance from Royal Oaks homes, while other retail centers in the area (the Galleria, Memorial City Mall, and the CityCentre) are a short drive away.
For other entertainment options, residents don’t have to go very far.
Royal Oaks Country Club is a private country club that features a 7,000-yard Fred Couples Signature golf course. The par 72 18-hole course features 9 lakes, waterfalls, and other beautiful water features. The club offers an extensive array of practice facilities, including a double-ended driving range, a putting green, and a short-game and chipping green.
Other country club amenities include three swimming pools, a croquet lawn, a fitness center, and tennis courts. Dining facilities are also available at the Club at Royal Oaks Country Club. Non-member residents can enjoy common facilities like the community park, basketball court, playground, and a soccer field.
Here are some of Royal Oaks Houston must-visit places:
- Bella’s Kitchen Bistro
- Adam’s Chef & Grill
- Little Thai Cafe
- Avesta Persian Grill
- The Original Marini’s Empanada House
- Sadivia’s South American Grill
- Eatwell Bakery Cafe
- 88 Boiling Crawfish and Seafood
- Royal Oaks Village
- Memorial City Mall
- Hong Kong City Mall
- West Oaks Mall
- Town and Country Village
- Kung Fu Saloon
- Luke’s Icehouse
- Little Woodrow’s on Shepherd
- Little J’s Bar
- Taps House of Beer
- Lincoln Bar and Kitchen
- Fuego’s Saloon
- Federal American Grill
- Sprouts Farmers Market
- Whole Foods Market
- Fiesta Mart
- Terry Hershey Park
- Mike Driscoll Park
- Amity Park
- Mary Ann Francklow Park
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, Houston Business Journal and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin, a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team, is ranked as one of the top residential real estate agents in the world.