Guide To Southside Circle Houston Homes For Sale
Made up of 39 Mediterranean-style luxury homes, Southside Circle is an exclusive gated community, comparable to some of the best in Houston.
- SOUTHSIDE PLACE LOCATION: With a median sales price of over $1,300,000, Southside Place is one of Houston’s most expensive neighborhoods. The city topped Forbes’ list of “Most Expensive Suburbs Surrounding Major U.S. Cities” in 2016. (See also The Salary I Need To Buy A Home In Houston’s Best Neighborhoods)
- EXCLUSIVE AND SECURE: Southside Circle homes start at $700,000 and rivals some of Houston’s Best Gated Communities in terms of both price and luxury.
- LUXURY HOMES: Southside Circle is made up of townhomes and detached single-family homes. Soaring ceilings (up to 12′), top-of-the-line appliances, wood floors, and Brookhaven cabinetry come standard. Southside Circle homes are also elevator-capable.
- PROXIMITY TO THE GALLERIA: One of Houston’s vibrant business and retail districts, the Galleria is located just 4 miles from the neighborhood. The district features around 5 million square feet of retail space and 23 million square feet of office space.
- EASY COMMUTES TO MED CENTER: The residential enclave is tucked at the southeast corner where Bellaire Boulevard and Braes Boulevard, providing excellent access to the Texas Medical Center, the largest medical complex in the country. The district features over 50 hospitals, specialty clinics, and academic institutions with more than 100,000 employees and volunteers.
- CITY AND COMMUNITY AMENITIES: The city of Southside Place boasts of Fire Truck Park, a community hub with a park, swimming pool area, basketball courts, tennis courts, a baseball field, and a club house. Southside Circle also features a swimming pool.
A fairly new development from Lovett Homes, Southside Circle homes have sold quite well. With a limited number of homes available, buying a home in the community may be a bit challenging. Contact Paige Martin, one of Houston’s Best Realtors and one of Southside Circle’s most active real estate agents, if you’re looking to buy or sell Southside Circle homes for sale.
POPULAR Southside Circle TX RESOURCES
- With a median sales price of over $1,300,000, Southside Place is one of Houston’s most expensive neighborhoods. The city topped Forbes’ list of “Most Expensive Suburbs Surrounding Major U.S. Cities”.
- Southside Circle homes start at $700,000 and rivals some of Houston’s Best Gated Communities in terms of price and luxury. The gated community
- Southside Circle is made up of townhomes and detached single-family homes. Soaring ceilings (up to 12′), top-of-the-line appliances, wood floors, and Brookhaven cabinetry come standard. Southside Circle homes are also elevator-capable.
- The residential enclave is tucked at the southeast corner where Bellaire Boulevard and Braes Boulevard, providing excellent access to the Texas Medical Center, the largest medical complex in the country. The district features over 50 hospitals, specialty clinics, and academic institutions with more than 100,000 employees and volunteers.
- One of Houston’s vibrant business and retail districts, the Galleria is located just 4 miles from the neighborhood. The district features around 5 million square feet of retail space and 23 million square feet of office space.
- The city of Southside Place boasts of Fire Truck Park, a community hub with a park, swimming pool area, basketball courts, tennis courts, a baseball field, and a club house. Southside Circle also features a swimming pool.
- The community is zoned to Twain Elementary, Pershing Middle, and Lamar High School. Some homes are zoned to West University Elementary School.
- Southside Circle is a Lovett Homes development. Most homes in the community were built in 2016.
- The gated community has entrances on both Bellaire and Braes Boulevards, with a connecting private street. Homes have ample setbacks and have private alley ways.
- Southside Circle homes come in a variety of floor plans, from 3- to 5-bedroom layouts. Home sizes range from 2,500 to more 4,000 square feet.
- Architectural style in the community borrows from Mediterranean influences, with its white stucco and brick veneer exteriors, arched entryways and balconies.
- Prices for Southside Circle homes for sale range from $700,000 to $1,400,000.
Located at the southeast corner where Bellaire and Braes Boulevards meet, Southside Circle is a small gated community within the city of Southside Place.
Southside Circle is made up of 39 homes (14 townhomes and 15 detached single-family homes). The gated community has private alleyways, with gates on both Braes and Bellaire.
The city of Southside Place covers a 0.2 square miles, spanning a 10-block area south of West University Place, east of Bellaire, and north of Braeswood Place. The city is one of Houston’s most expensive neighborhoods, and is one of the wealthiest places in Texas by per capita income.
The city also topped Forbes’ list of “Most Expensive Suburbs Surrounding Major U.S. Cities” in 2016.
The gated community is just across the street from Braes Heights Shopping Center, once named Best Strip Mall by Houston Press. Other retail options in the area include Rice Village, located about 2 miles away from the Southside Circle.
The Texas Medical Center, the largest medical complex in the country, is less than 3 miles away from the community. The district is home to more than 50 hospitals, academic institutions, and specialty clinics and 100,000+ employees and volunteers.
Southside Circle real estate have a 77025 zip code. (View Houston zip code map.)
– “One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents,” Real Trends
– Five Star Realtor Award, Multi-Year Winner
– “One of Houston’s Top 50 Realtors,” Houston Chronicle
Southside Circle homes are zoned to the Houston Independent School District (HISD).
Established in the 1920s, Houston ISD is the largest school district in the state (with 283 schools). The Texas Education Agency (TEA) gave the district a “Met Standard” rating in 2016. HISD features several International Baccalaureate (IB) World schools, including Lamar High School and Twain Elementary School.
Students zoned to Pershing Middle School may opt to attend Pin Oak, a National Blue Ribbon School, instead.
Students in the area may attend the following public schools:
- West University Elementary School at 3756 University Blvd. Some Southside Circle homes are zoned to West University Elementary. Named one of Houston’s top schools by Children at Risk, the school has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10/10.
- Mark Twain Elementary School at 7500 Braes Blvd. Most Southside Place residents located south of Bellaire Boulevard are zoned to the Mark Twain Elementary School. Named for one of the most famous American authors, the school features a Literary Development Magnet program. It is also an International Baccalaureate World School serving the IB Primary Years Programme.
- Pershing Middle School at 3838 Blue Bonnet Blvd. Pershing Middle School, located just a few blocks away from Southside Circle, is a Fine Arts Magnet school. It also offers a neighborhood Vanguard program. Known for its great academics, the school features four levels: Grade Level, Pre-AP, Vanguard/GT, and Accelerated Vanguard/GT.
- Pin Oak Middle School at 4601 Glenmont St. Students zoned to Pershing can opt to apply to Pin Oak Middle School, located in nearby Bellaire. The “application only” Foreign Language Magnet school offers classes in Chinese, French, Italian, German, and Spanish. It was named a Higher Performing School by the Texas Business and Education Coalition and as a National Blue Ribbon School (2008).
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd. Located in Upper Kirby, Lamar High School is one of the HISD’s IB World Schools. It offers the IB Diploma Programme, as well as a business administration magnet program, and advanced placement. Also known for its great athletics programs, the school is home to one of the oldest lacrosse programs in the state.
Southside Circle Houston Private Schools
Credit to the neighborhood’s proximity to Rice University and the Texas Medical Center, Southside Circle homes have plenty of private school from which to choose. Listed below are some of them.
- St. Nicholas School Medical Center Campus at 1920 North Braeswood Blvd.
- St. Vincent de Paul School at 6800 Buffalo Speedway.
- Episcopal High School at 4650 Bissonnet St.
- St. Mark’s Episcopal School at 3816 Bellaire Blvd.
- Beresford School at 2501 W Holcombe Blvd.
- Sheridan Montessori School at 2433 Sheridan Street
To find an updated listing of all Southside Circle real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Southside Place is one of the most expensive neighborhoods in Houston, with a median sales price of over $1,300,000.
Made up of 39 homes, Southside Circle is a relatively new development. Priced for its excellent location and luxury homes, the community is comparable to Houston’s best gated communities – both in terms of premium features and pricing.
(Data sourced from the Houston Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.)
For updated information regarding Southside Circle real estate pricing and trend analysis, please contact Paige Martin at [email protected].
Southside Circle features 15 detached single-family homes. Showcasing Mediterranean architecture, homes in the community feature balconies, white stucco exteriors, arched entryways, and ornamental iron work.
Southside Circle homes range from 3- to 5-bedroom floor plans, with living spaces between 2,500 to 4,400 square feet. Two- to three-story homes are available in the community.
Lot sizes are smaller (compared to those in nearby Bellaire and Braeswood Place).
Soaring 12-foot ceilings, Brookhaven custom cabinets, wood floors, and Miele appliances come standard. Some Southside Circle homes also feature 2-car garages, game rooms, covered patios, and roof decks.
Prices for Southside Circle homes for sale start at $700,000. Bigger properties can sell for $1,400,000.
Southside Circle features 14 townhomes, all along Bellaire Boulevard. Standing three-stories tall, Southside Circle townhomes have similar features to their detached counterparts – high ceilings, 2-car garages, wood floors, Miele appliances, and Brookhaven cabinetry.
Units are elevator-ready (some have elevators pre-installed).
Floor plans vary, though 3-bedroom 3 1/2-bath layouts are common. Home sizes range from 2,500 to around 3,200 square feet.
Prices for Southside Circle townhomes for sale range from $700,000 to $850,000.
Southside Place was the brainchild of developer Edlo L. Crain. The small community broke ground in 1925. Soon thereafter, bungalows, a swimming pool, and a park adorned the community’s streets. Crain added Chinese Tallow trees and Radiant Red rose bushes to enhance the development’s overall look.
Concrete curbs, sidewalks, and gravel streets – then modern advances – were also added to the community’s layout.
Like West University Place, Southside Place eventually incorporated in 1934. The city has a council-manager form of government.
The area where Southside Circle now sits used to be part of Shell Oil’s Bellaire Research Center. Development started sometime in 2013, and today is one of the most luxurious gated communities within the Inner Loop.
Plenty of retail and outdoor entertainment options are available just outside the gated community.
Braes Heights Shopping Center, once named “Best Strip Mall” by Houston Press, is just across the street. Known for its Mid-Century modern building, the mall is home to several retail and dining spots, including Molina’s Cantina, Hunan’s, Fuzzy’s Pizza & Sport Cafe, Antone’s, Dan’s Vitamin House, Imagination Toys & Shoes, and IW Marks.
Rice Village, a 16-block retail district, is about 2 miles away from Southside Circle. Built in the late 1930s, the district is home to more than 40 stores, boutiques, restaurants, and cafes.
For outdoor entertainment, residents can visit Southside Place’s Fire Truck Park. The park features tennis courts, a baseball field, basketball court, club house, and swimming pool. Southside Circle also has a swimming pool within the community.
Here are some of Southside Circle Houston must-visit places:
- Little Matt’s
- The Union Kitchen
- M3 Pizza
- Fajita Pete’s
- Island Grill
- Thai Village Restaurant
- Happy Endings
- Molina’s Cantina
- Osaka Japanese Restaurant II
- Yoyo’s Hot Dog
- Local Foods
- Braes Heights Shopping Center
- Rice Village
- The Galleria
- Plaza in the Park
- Weslayan Plaza
- Lumen Lounge
- Under the Volcano
- bar bleu
- The Big Easy Social and Pleasure Club
- Simone on Sunset
- Little Woodrow’s
- Rosinka Wine & Tea House
- Plate and Bottle
- Whole Foods Market
- Flagship Randalls
- Brompton Food
- Manila Minimart
- Randall’s Food and Pharmacy
Within Southside Place
- Club house
- Tennis courts
- Basketball court
- Baseball field
- Swimming Pool
- *Southside Circle also features a swimming pool area.
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, Houston Business Journal and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin, a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team, is ranked as one of the top residential real estate agents in the world.