Southside Place Houston Neighborhood Maps
One of the Best Suburbs to Live in Houston Area
Southside Place Houston is one of the 20 Most Expensive Houston Neighborhoods and one of the 20 Hottest Inner Loop Neighborhoods in real estate appreciation.
Southside Place is a luxurious bedroom community in west-central Harris County. It is one of the wealthiest locations in Texas and attracts home buyers due to its “small town” feel and peaceful atmosphere.
The cities of Houston, Bellaire, and West University surround the city of Southside Place. Chinese tallows line the neighborhood streets and provides a great view of the roomy lots of Southside Place homes for sale.
The neighborhood houses some of the newest properties in Houston. Paired with the larger lots (compared to neighboring West U), Southside Place real estate is among the most desirable properties in Houston.
Southside Place Houston Related Resources:
"I originally discovered the Houston Properties Team at HoustonHeights.com. They have the best online marketing in the Heights. Our photos were spectacular. Our virtual tours were amazing. The community marketing worked. We sold within the first week. Great job!”– Sarah Harris
Table of Contents
- Two Awesome Southside Place Houston Maps
- 12 Things Southside Place Real Estate Buyers Should Know
- The Best Houston Realtor to Sell Your Home
Two Awesome Southside Place Houston Maps
"Paige Martin is a customer-focused Houston Realtor’ (member of the National Association of Realtors) dedicated to providing exceptional service. Paige guides clients through all aspects of learning about Houston, relocating to Houston, buying a home, buying a highrise or condo, tips for selling your home, and ensuring that your transaction goes as seamlessly as possible."
Southside Place Houston Maps: Neighborhood Review
Southside Place was established in 1925 by Edlo L. Crain, a renowned Houston developer. The first residents were attracted to the park and pool in the neighborhood. It was incorporated as a city in 1934.
The famed park and pool still stand today between Auden and Edloe on Garnet and Farbar Streets. It now includes tennis courts, a baseball field, and the Southside Place clubhouse.
The neighborhood is north of Gramercy St., west of Edloe St., south of University Blvd., and east of the 4200 block of Bellaire Blvd.
Streets are alphabetized starting from the west edge with Auden Street to the north end with Jardin Street. Many restaurants, coffee shops, salons, and other commercial establishments are located along Bellaire Blvd.
The Braes Heights Shopping Center is hailed the “Best Strip Mall”, which has an abundance of small businesses that provide retail services to the residents of Southside Place.
Shell Oil’s former Bellaire Technology Center recently vacated the land it occupies along Bellaire Blvd. and has since continued to build buzz as residents anticipate the residential and commercial spaces that would soon stand in its place.
The daily commute to Houston’s major job centers is made easy by the buses plying Bellaire Blvd., Brays Bayou, and Bellfort. Downtown Houston is just a short drive via either Highway 59 or Main Street.
Southside Place Houston real estate boasts one of the highest appreciation trends in the past 10 years. The median sales price has grown by 48% to almost $1.2 million, making it one of the hottest Inner Loop neighborhoods.
Homes in the area have spacious front yards due to the heavily enforced deed restrictions that require each residence to be at least 35 feet away from the front property line.
12 Things Southside Place Real Estate Buyers Should Know
"Every single member of the Houston Properties Team was a delight to work with. They are always available, attentive, and active in the pursuit of the right buyer. Their advice was spot-on and helped us sell our home in just 5 days. Best of all, when it really mattered, they bent over backward to ensure an easy closing. We cannot thank them enough. If you want a smart team with a solid understanding of the market on your side, I recommend you hire the Houston Properties Team – they won't let you down.” – Linda Chang
One of the Hottest Inner Loop Neighborhoods, Southside Place is a small independent city spanning around 10 blocks south of West University.
Forbes included Southside Place in its list of the "Most Expensive Suburbs Surrounding Major U.S. Cities". The median sales price is upwards of $1,000,000.
One of Houston's major employment hubs, the Texas Medical Center is a couple of miles away from the city. The district has more than 50 medical-related institutions, schools, 3. hospitals, and clinics with more than 100,000 employees and volunteers.
The City of Southside Place operates a council-manager form of government and its own police and fire departments.
The small city spans 10 blocks of picturesque tree-lined streets. The close-knit community holds annual block parties, holiday parties, and other events.
Braes Heights Shopping Center, a two-story Mid-Century modern along Bellaire Boulevard, is a retail and dining hub in Southside Place. Fire Truck Park, on the other hand, features two tennis courts, a swimming pool, a clubhouse and pavilion, and sports facilities.
The neighborhood has West University to the north, Braeswood Place to the south, and Bellaire to the west.
Top-ranked schools like West University Elementary, Twain Elementary, and Pershing Middle School all serve the community. Two of Houston's best public high schools are zoned to Southside Place homes: Lamar High and Bellaire High.
Southside Place real estate posted great real estate and land value appreciation (with West U) numbers in the past decade. Its new construction luxury homes and vintage bungalows from the 1930s and 40s fetch price tags rivaling homes in nearby West U, Southampton Place, and Boulevard Oaks.
Homes in the area typically feature 3- to 4-bedroom homes. Sizes range from 1,500 to more than 6,500 square feet.
Homes in the area often sit on generous lots, (mid-to-large-sized by Houston standards) ranging from 6,000 to around 18,000 square feet.
Architectural styles tend to lean toward traditional designs. Contemporary styles are popular among the neighborhood’s newer homes.
Pricing for Southside Place homes for sale can start at around $800,000. New construction and bigger properties in the neighborhood can fetch upwards of $2,000,000.
The Best Houston Realtor to Sell Your Home
The Houston Properties Team has a well-defined structure based on the individual strengths of each member. Each member is a specialist in their role – which is why our homes sell faster and for more money than average.
Paige Martin, Broker Associate with Keller Williams Realty, and the Houston Properties Team are ranked among the top residential Realtors in the world.
They have been featured on TV and in dozens of publications including The Wall Street Journal, Fortune Magazine, Reuters, Fox News in the Morning, Money Magazine, Houston Business Journal, Houstonia, and Houston Chronicle.
Paige Martin was just ranked as the #5 agent in the world with Keller Williams, completing over $1 Billion in Houston residential real estate sales.
Recent awards include:
– 2022: #1 Residential Real Estate Team by Sales Volume, Houston Business Journal
– 2021: Best Real Estate Teams in America, RealTrends.com
– 2021: Top 100 Women Leaders in Real Estate of 2021
– 2021: America’s Top 100 Real Estate Agents
– 2021: Top Real Estate Team (Houston Properties Team), Houston Business Journal
– 2021: Best Houston Real Estate Team, Best of Reader’s Choice
– 2021: Top Real Estate Team (Houston Properties Team), Houston Business Journal
– 2021: #1 Real Estate Team, Keller Williams Memorial
– 2020: America’s Best Real Estate Teams, Best of America Trends
– 2020: Best Houston Real Estate Team, Best of Reader’s Choice
– 2020: Top Real Estate Team (Houston Properties Team), Houston Business Journal
– 2020: #6 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
– 2020: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas (Top Keller Williams Realtor)
– 2020: #1 Real Estate Team, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2019: Top Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2019: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2019: #5 Individual Agent, KW Worldwide
- 2019: #1 Individual Agent, KW Texas
- 2018: #5 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
- 2018: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2018: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2018: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2018: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2018: Texas’ Most Influential Realtors
- 2017: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2017: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2017: #10 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
- 2017: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2017: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2017: Texas’ Most Influential Realtors
- 2016: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2016: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2016: #20 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide
- 2016: Texas’ Most Influential Realtors
- 2016: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, HBJ
- 2016: Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly
- 2016: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015: #9 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, United States
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2015: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015: Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, HBJ
- 2015: Five Star Realtor, Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2014: America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2014: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
...in addition to over 318 additional awards.
Paige also serves a variety of non-profits, and civic and community boards. She was appointed by the mayor of Houston to be on the downtown TIRZ board.
Benefits Of Working With The Houston Properties Team
Our team, composed of distinguished and competent Houston luxury realtors, has a well-defined structure based on the individual strengths of each member.
We find the team approach as the most effective way to sell homes. We have dedicated people doing staging, marketing, social media, open houses, and showings. Each Houston Properties Team member is a specialist in their role—which is why our homes sell faster and for more money than average.
The benefits of working with a team include:
- the ability to be in two or three places at one time; a member can handle showings, while another answer calls
- collective time and experience of members
- targeted advice and marketing of agent expert in your area
- competitive advantage by simply having more resources, more ideas, and more perspectives
- a “checks and balances” system; selling and buying a home in Houston is an intensely complex process
- more people addressing field calls and questions from buyers and agents to facilitate a faster, successful sale
- efficient multi-tasking; one agent takes care of inspections and repair work, while another agent focuses on administrative details
- multiple marketing channels using members’ networks
- constant attention: guaranteed focus on your home and your transaction
- lower risk for mistakes. Multiple moving parts increase oversights. A team approach handles these “parts” separately
- flexibility in negotiation and marketing
- better management of document flow
- increased foot traffic through more timely and effective showing schedule coordination; and
- increased sphere of influence and exposure to more potential buyers.
To meet all the award-winning members of the Houston Properties Team, please go here.
Best Houston Real Estate Resources
- Houston Texas Zip Code Map | HoustonProperties
- How To Avoid Buying In Houston's Flooded Zones
- Houston Neighborhoods | Houston Map, Real Estate, Homes
- Briargrove Homes For Sale & Real Estate Trends
- Kemah Homes For Sale & Real Estate Trends