Spring Branch Houston Neighborhood Maps
Spring Branch Houston covers over 40 square miles of tree-lined streets, abundant green spaces, and smaller bayous flowing to the Buffalo Bayou.
It is located west of Downtown Houston and east of the Energy corridor. This strategic location makes it popular for people who wish to be near work yet still enjoy a great quality of life.
Spring Branch is very similar to Memorial Houston which is just to the south of the neighborhood. It is bordered by the 610 Loop to the east, Interstate 10 to the south, Beltway 8 to the west, and Hempstead Road to the north.
Spring Branch Houston Related Resources:
- Spring Branch Houston: Real Estate Guide
- See All Spring Branch Homes For Sale
- Real Estate Guide: Houston Neighborhoods
Two New Spring Branch Houston Maps
Spring Branch Houston Maps: Neighborhood
Spring Branch has a history older than Houston. In 1830, a German immigrant named Karl Kolbe built a log cabin along a small stream flowing to Buffalo Bayou. Its name was derived from the natural spring-fed stream in the heart of the area.
The heavily wooded area had an abundance of lumber early developers used to build local churches and shops. As the area moved towards industrialization, the farmlands were sold and developed into subdivisions, schools, and shopping centers.
Many of the street names were named after the early settlers. Minor bayous such as the Brickhouse Gully and Briar Branch runs through the community and empty themselves into the Buffalo Bayou. Spring Lake, a small pond, lies in the northwestern part of the neighborhood. Long Point Road, one of the oldest roads in Houston, runs from east to west of the neighborhood.
Spring Branch is a district within Harris County. It offers easy access to Interstate 10, I-610, Sam Houston Parkway, and the Hempstead Highway. The quick commute to Energy Corridor and Downtown Houston, two major job centers in Houston, is one of the many reasons many choose to relocate to Spring Branch Houston.
Spring Branch Subdivisions
Spring Branch Houston is divided into four neighborhoods, each with their own neighborhood association.
Spring Branch Super Neighborhood Central
Spring Branch Central is roughly bordered by Bingle Road to the east, Hempstead Road to the northeast, Clay Road to the north, Campbell and Blalock Roads to the west, and the Westview neighborhood to the south.
Civic Associations in Spring Branch Central include:
- Binglewood Civic Club
- Binglewood 5
- Campbell Woods Civic Association
- Hollister Place Civic Club
- Holley Terrace Civic Club
- Kempwood North Civic Association
- Langwood II Civic Club
- Outpost Estates Civic Club, Inc.
- Spring Branch Estates II Civic Association
- Spring Branch Oaks Civic Association
- Springwood/Timbercreek Civic Club
- United Civic Club of Spring Branch
- Western Oaks Civic Association
- Whisperwood Townhome Association
- Yaupon Estates
- Spring Branch Medical Center
- Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW Post 8790)
Spring Branch Super Neighborhood West
Spring Branch West is bordered by Interstate 610 to the south; Blalock Road to the east; Neuns, Hammerly, and Clay Roads to the north; and Addicks Reservoir to the west.
Civic Associations in Spring Branch West include:
- Gessner Woods Civic Association
- Pine Village Civic Club
- Rollingwood Civic Association
- Royal Oaks Civic Association
- Royal Spring Civic Association
- Shadow Oaks Civic Association
- Sherwood Oaks Civic Association
- Spring Branch Civic Association
- Springwoods Civic Association
- Timber Oaks Civic Association
- Victorian Village Townhouses
- Wrenwood Civic Association
Spring Branch Super Neighborhood East
Spring Branch East is roughly bordered by West Loop North Freeway to the east, Hempstead Road to the north, Bingle Road to the west, and Katy Freeway to the south. It is the oldest part of the Spring Branch community.
Civic Associations in Spring Branch East include:
- Spring Oaks Civic Association
- Pine Terrace Civic Association
- Ridgecrest Civic Club
- Afton Village Homeowners Association
- CBB Civic Association
- Monarch Oaks Civic Association
- Westview Terrace Civic Association
- Craig Woods Civic Association
- Old Spring Branch Civic Association
- Village of Afton Woods Homeowners Association
Spring Branch Super Neighborhood North
This super neighborhood north of I-10 is bordered by Clay Road to the north, Campbell Road to the east, Neuens Road and Hammerly to the south and the Sam Houston Parkway on the west.
Civic Associations in Spring Branch North include:
- Campbell Woods
- Kempwood North
- MacGregor West
- Oak Tree Townhomes
- Spring Branch Valley
- Spring Shadows Civic Association
- Spring Shadows Townhomes Association
- Victorian Village
- Willow Walk Townhomes