Spring Shadows Houston Neighborhood Guide
Nestled east of Beltway 8, Spring Shadows is a mostly residential neighborhood highly popular due to its affordable homes and great schools. Its quiet suburban atmosphere and relatively central location are also great draws for potential homebuyers.
- CENTRAL LOCATION: Located just inside Beltway 8, Spring Shadows homes have retail centers, schools, restaurants, parks, and job centers nearby.
- CONVENIENT ACCESSIBILITY: Residents have relatively easy commutes to key Houston districts, via main roads and freeways like Beltway 8, Interstate 10, Gessner Road, and Hammerly Boulevard, among others.
- GREAT SCHOOLS: Spring Shadows homes are zoned to the highly rated Spring Branch Independent School District. Several National Blue Ribbon Schools serve the neighborhood.
- NEAR EMPLOYMENT CENTERS: The neighborhood is minutes away from major employment centers like the Galleria, Westchase, and the Energy Corridor.
- GREAT HOME OPTIONS: Spring Shadows real estate are some of the most affordable in the area. Home options range from vintage ranch-style homes to new construction townhomes and patio homes.
Due to increasing demand for Spring Shadows homes for sale, there have been a number of new developments in the area. Homebuyers will benefit from seeking advice and recommendations from the best Houston realtor.
For any inquiries about Spring Shadows homes recommendations, or off-market MLS listings, get in touch with Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team and one of the best realtors in Houston.
Houston Spring Shadows Neighborhood Profile
- 12 Things Spring Shadows Real Estate Buyers Should Know
- Spring Shadows maps and location
- Fun things to do in Spring Shadows
- Neighborhoods near Spring Shadows
- Spring Shadows History
- Spring Shadows Schools
Spring Shadows Real Estate Guide
- Spring Shadows real estate trends
- Single-family home sale trends
- Townhome sale trends
- Condo sale trends
Spring Shadows Houston Homes for Sale
Located about 12 miles northwest of downtown Houston, Spring Shadows is a mixed use neighborhood popular for its affordable homes, great schools, and excellent location.
- Located just inside Beltway 8, Spring Shadows homes have retail centers, schools, restaurants, parks, and job centers nearby.
- Residents have relatively easy commutes to key Houston districts, via main roads and freeways like Beltway 8, Interstate 10, Gessner Road, and Hammerly Boulevard, among others.
- Spring Shadows homes are zoned to the highly rated Spring Branch Independent School District. Several National Blue Ribbon Schools serve the neighborhood.
- The neighborhood is minutes away from major employment centers like the Galleria, Westchase, and the Energy Corridor.
- Spring Shadows real estate are some of the most affordable in the area. Home options range from vintage ranch-style homes to new construction townhomes and patio homes.
- Many of the neighborhood’s original homes – built between the mid-1960s to the late 1970s – have been updated and carefully maintained.
- The neighborhood has a very active homeowners association, the Spring Shadows Civic Association. It handles maintenance, beautification, and additional security.
- Architectural styles vary, though most Spring Shadows homes lean toward traditional designs. New construction homes in the area feature contemporary designs.
- Spring Shadows homes can offer 2- to 4-bedroom floor plans. Some can offer as many as 6 bedrooms with 3 or more baths.
- Spring Shadows real estate have an average home size of around 2,500 square feet.
- Homes in the area sit on mid- to large-sized lots (by Houston standards) ranging from 6,000 to more than 11,000 square feet.
- Pricing for Spring Shadows homes for sale can start at around $200,000. Bigger new construction properties can sell for more than $400,000.
Located about 12 miles northwest of downtown Houston, Spring Shadows is nestled east of Beltway 8 (Sam Houston Parkway).
The neighborhood sits in the area south of Clay Road, west of Campbell Road, and north of Neuens Road.
The mixed use neighborhood has Spring Branch to the east, Spring Branch West to the south and west, and Westbranch and Carverdale to the north. The Memorial Villages (Spring Valley Village and Hilshire Village) and the Memorial area are farther south of Spring Shadows.
Thanks to the neighborhood’s relatively central location in west Houston, Spring Shadows homes have several schools, parks, retail hubs, restaurants, and employment centers nearby. Key Houston business and employment districts like the Energy Corridor, Westchase, and the Galleria are easily accessible from the neighborhood.
Spring Shadows homes have close to immediate access to main roads and freeways, including Beltway 8, Interstate 10, US 290, Gessner Road, and Kempwood Drive.
The neighborhood is subdivided into several sections according to block/street. The Spring Shadows Civic Association handles the neighborhood’s constable service and mosquito control, as well as the maintenance of common areas.
Spring Shadows Houston is under the 77043 and 77080 Harris County zip codes. (View Houston zip code map.)
Spring Shadows is mostly residential, however, its central location within the Beltway gives residents excellent access to the best Houston has to offer.
A number of restaurants, bars, and cafes are located within Spring Shadows, though more are available in neighboring Spring Branch and the Memorial area. The Galleria, a world-class shopping center, is a short drive away.
The Memorial City Mall, located across the street from Memorial Hermann, features a great selection of retailers and restaurants. It first opened its doors in 1962; its anchor stores now include Dillard’s, JCPenney, Macy’s, Sears, and Target.
Other retail hotspots in the area include Town & Country Village and the CityCentre.
Pine Crest Country Club, located at 3080 Gessner Road, features an 18-hole par 72 golf course. The Darryl Witt-designed course has a rating of 72.5 and a slope rating of 124. Other amenities within the club include a restaurant, bar, and a golf shop.
Here are some of Spring Shadows Houston must-visit places:
- Roostar Vietnamese Grill
- Simply Greek
- Las Tortugas – Tortas Perronas
- Polonia Restaurant
- Korean Noodle House
- Pampa Grill and Market
- Chavez Mexican Grill
- Pho Luc Lac
- Kot Dae Ji Flower Piggy Korean BBQ
- Thai Jin
- Blue Lagoon Pub
- Faces Club
- Drink Houston
- Yellow Rose Distilling
- Texas T Tavern
- Aub Gu Jung – Soju Bar
- Chula’s Sports Cantina
- El Ahorro Supermarket
- Super H Mart
- Memorial City Mall
- Marq-E Entertainment Center
- Pine Crest Country Club
- Albion Hurricanes Football Club
- Freshmeadow Park
- Nob Hill Park
- Agnes Moffitt Park
Neighborhoods near Spring Shadows Houston include:
- Energy Corridor
- Hilshire Village
- Memorial Villages
- Spring Branch
- Spring Branch West
- Spring Valley Village
Like most neighborhoods in west Houston, Spring Shadows started out as a largely rural area. Sometime during the 1830s, logging was the primary industry in the wooded areas surrounding Spring Branch. By the mid-1800s, German farmers had settled in the area.
In the 1950s and 60s, development in the area started in earnest. High demand during Houston’s housing boom, as well as the completion of Interstate 10, drew demand for homes in Spring Shadows. During this period, several developers bought up farmland and built subdivisions both north and south of I-10.
Today, Spring Shadows is a thriving neighborhood. Most of the area’s original homes have been updated and maintained. Some have been torn down in favor of new townhome and patio home development.
Spring Shadows homes are zoned to the Spring Branch Independent School District (SBISD). Students in the area can attend the following public schools:
- Pine Shadows Elementary School at 9900 Neuens Rd. Pine Shadows Elementary School is adjacent to Spring Woods Middle School and is within Spring Shadows’ borders.
- Spring Shadow Elementary School at 9725 Kempwood Dr. Spring Shadow Elementary School was named National Blue Ribbon School in 1996-97.
- Terrace Elementary School at 10400 Rothbury St. Terrace Elementary School is one of Spring Shadow’s neighborhood schools.
- Northbrook Middle School at 3030 Rosefield Dr. Located within Spring Shadows, Northbrook Middle was named a National Blue Ribbon School in 1994-96.
- Spring Oaks Middle School at 2150 Shadowdale Dr. Named National Blue Ribbon School in 1994-96, Spring Oaks Middle School is located in Spring Branch West just south of Spring Shadows.
- Spring Woods Middle School at 9810 Neuens Rd. Located within Spring Shadows, Spring Woods Middle features several academic programs, including one for gifted and talented students.
- Spring Woods High School at 9810 Neuens Rd. Opened in 1964, Spring Woods High School is the SBISD’s second oldest high school. The school was named a National Blue Ribbon School in 1997-98.
- Northbrook High School at 1 Raider Cir N. Established in 1974 to relieve Spring Woods and Spring Branch High Schools, Northbrook has since been named National Blue Ribbon School (1988-89). The school is located within the neighborhood and is only a few blocks from Spring Shadows homes.
Spring Shadows Houston Private Schools
The following are some of the more notable private schools near Spring Shadows homes.
- St. Thomas’ Episcopal School at 4900 Jackwood St.
- Beth Yeshurun Day School at 4525 Beechnut St.
- The Shlenker School at 5600 N Braeswood Blvd.
- Episcopal High School at 4650 Bissonnet St.
- The Emery/Weiner School at 9825 Stella Link Rd.
- Corpus Christi Catholic School at 4005 Cheena Dr.
- Westbury Christian School at 10420 Hillcroft St.
To find an updated listing of all Spring Shadows real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Spring Shadows real estate have continued to be popular over the past decade, thanks to the neighborhood’s location, accessibility, and relative affordability. The quality of its neighborhood schools have also drawn potential homebuyers into the area.
With steady demand for homes in the area, the median sales price of Spring Shadows homes for sale have breached the $300,000 mark. Land values have also increased over the past decade.
New construction in the area has also contributed to rising property values in the area.
(Data sourced from the Houston Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.)
For updated information regarding Spring Shadows real estate pricing and trend analysis, please contact Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com.
Spring Shadows real estate is mostly made up of detached single-family homes ranging from vintage bungalows and patio homes to new construction multi-level patio homes.
Spring Shadows homes typically feature 2-bedroom to 4-bedroom floor plans. Some properties can offer up to six bedrooms with 3 and a half baths. Home sizes can be between 1,500 to more than 3,000 square feet.
Homes in the area can sit on mid- to large sized lots, ranging from 6,000 to more than 11,000 square feet.
Like other Spring Branch area neighborhoods, Spring Shadows mostly offers older homes. Most of the area’s original homes still stand, built between the mid-1960s and the late 1970s. These properties are updated and have been carefully maintained.
There are some new construction homes in Spring Shadows, though most are townhomes and patio homes.
Most Spring Shadows homes lean toward traditional and ranch styles, though some feature Spanish and other architectural designs. Newer homes in the area tend to feature more modern designs.
Spring Shadows homes for sale typically sell from $200,000 to more than $400,000.
Spring Shadows townhomes and patio homes are available in some sections of the neighborhood. Generally smaller and more affordable that their single-family home counterparts, townhomes in the area are a popular option.
Most of these properties are typically older, built between the early 1970s to the 1980s. New construction Spring Shadows townhomes are available in some sections of the neighborhood, as well as in surrounding areas like Spring Branch.
Spring Shadows townhomes mostly feature 2- to 3-bedroom 2-story floor plans. Some bigger properties can offer as many as 4 bedrooms with 2 and a half baths. Average lot size is at around 2,500 square feet. Living spaces range from 1,500 to more than 3,000 square feet.
Communities within the neighborhood, like the Enclave at Spring Shadows and the Part at Spring Shadows, offer a variety of townhome and patio home options. Properties within these new construction communities tend to feature more contemporary designs and sell for more than $400,000.
Pricing for Spring Shadows townhomes for sale can start at around $150,000. Newly updated properties and bigger units tend to go for more than $200,000.
There are no mid- or high-rise Spring Shadows condos for sale. Nearby Houston neighborhoods like the Memorial area and the Galleria do have units available.
- The Houstonian
- Villa D’Este
- Four Leaf Towers
- The Mark
- The Empire
- The Manhattan
- Lofts at Post Oak
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige Martin’s recent awards include:
- 2016: One of the Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2016: Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly
- 2016: One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015 Q3: #9 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Worldwide (of 125,000 agents)
- 2015: #2 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Texas
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Southwest Texas (Houston, Woodlands, Katy, San Antonio)
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams, Houston
- 2015: #1 Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2015: One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents, RealTrends.com
- 2015: One of the Top 25 Residential Realtors in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2015: Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2014 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2014 – “One of the Top 40 Houston Realtors,” Houston Chronicle
- 2014 – “One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents,” RealTrends.com
- 2014 – Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2013 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent, Keller Williams Memorial
- 2013 – Top 50 Houston Realtors by the Houston Chronicle
- 2013 – Top 5 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
- 2013 – Five Star Realtor, Featured in Texas Monthly Magazine
- 2012 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent in the Keller Williams Memorial Office
- 2012 – Top 5 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
- 2011 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent in the Keller Williams Memorial Office
- 2011 – Top 10 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
- 2010 – #1 Ranked Individual Agent in the Keller Williams Memorial Office
- 2010 – Top 10 Ranked Individual Agent in the Houston Area with Keller Williams
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Meyercrest Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within Spring Shadows, earning praises like “Paige Martin is the best Spring Shadows Houston realtor I know.” Read more about client feedback and ratings here.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at Paige@HoustonProperties.com or 713-384-5177.