Tanglewood is one of the most expensive neighborhoods in Houston, along with River Oaks, Southampton Place, Royden Oaks, Oak Estates, and West University.
Tanglewood Houston Resources:
For more information on available Tanglewood Houston homes for sale, call Paige Martin at
713-384-5177 or email Paige@HoustonProperties.com
Tanglewood Houston Homes Guide
Majority of Tanglewood homes for sale are well over $1,000,000. Known for its spacious lots ranging between 6,000 to 13,000 square feet, Tanglewood real estate are mostly single-family homes in the neighborhood of $1,200,000.
Some of the grandest Tanglewood mansions go upwards of $5,000,000.
Tanglewood Neighborhood: Fun Things To Do In Tanglewood
Tanglewood residents enjoy tree-lined streets, expansive lots, and grand homes. The neighborhood is also near enough the most important Houston hubs yet withdrawn from the commotion of the city.
The Galleria Mall is around 8 minutes Tanglewood. The Houston Country Club is also just 14 minutes away.
Downtown Houston, Galleria, Greenway Plaza and Energy Corridor are the nearest business districts to Tanglewood, all roughly a 15-minute drive.
Tanglewood has a “Walkability” score of 55 according to Walkscore.com. Dining options are very diverse. There are over 300 restaurants, bars, and cafes offering cuisines such as Traditional American, Mediterranean, Brazilian, French, Italian, Middle Eastern, and Chinese.
Our favorites include:
- Crave Cupcakes at 1151 Uptown Park Blvd Ste 6
- Adair Kitchen at 5161 San Felipe, Suite 390
- McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurant at 1151-01 Uptown Park Blvd
- Willie G’s Seafood & Steakhouse at 1605 Post Oak Blvd
- RDG + Bar Annie at 1800 Post Oak Blvd
Other popular places to visit include:
- Decorative Center of Houston at 5120 Woodway Drive
- The Galleria at 5085 Westheimer Road
- The Menil Collection (Museum) at 1533 Sul Ross St
- Central Market at 3815 westheimer Road
- Houston Country Club at 1 Potomac Dr
Places for outdoor activities include:
- Houston Arboretum & Nature Center, a Botanical Garden located at 4501 Woodway Dr
- Water Wall, a multi-story sculptural fountain at 2800 Post Oak Blvd
- Memorial Park at 1001 E Memorial Loop
- Tanglewood Park at 5801 Woodway Drive
- Danny Jackson Bark Park at 4828 Loop Central Drive