Tanglewood is an upscale neighborhood of around 1,200 homes found west of the Inner Loop and near Galleria.
Tanglewood is one of the 10 most expensive neighborhoods in Houston. Homes in Tanglewood netted a 59% appreciation rate over the last 10 years. The neighborhood’s land value per square foot also rose by 10% in just one year.
Tanglewood homes for sale range from 2-story English-style brick and stone, Georgian mansion, Mediterranean villas with clay roofs, and French chateaus.
The Tanglewood Houston Real Estate Appreciation Report below outlines how well the neighborhood’s real estate market have been doing the last 10 years. Here are 5 interesting Tanglewood real estate market trends.
Tanglewood Real Estate Resources:
- Neighborhood Overview: Tanglewood Houston
- See All Tanglewood Homes For Sale
- Most Expensive Tanglewood Homes For Sale
For an updated Tanglewood real estate pricing or trend analysis, please contact Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com.
5 Interesting Tanglewood Real Estate Market Trends
1. Tanglewood homes bought 10 years ago rose by 59%.
Median sales price of tanglewood homes in 2004 is $796,000. It soared by 59% to $1,263,760 in just 10 years.
2. Tanglewood’s land value per square foot rose by 10% in just one year.
Netting one of the highest jumps in land value per square foot last year, Tanglewood homes land value went up by a tenth of its value in just one year.
3. Tanglewood’s average price per square foot went up by 10% last year.
At 16,000 sq. ft, Tanglewood real estate have one of the largest median lot size in Houston. The 10% spike in average price per square foot help boost Tanglewood homes appreciation.
4. Median sales price have consistently increased since 2010.
In 2010, the median sales price of Tanglewood homes is $1,085,000. Tanglewood homes rose between 6-9% year-over-year.
5. Tanglewood Houston homes recovered significantly well from the real estate market crash.
Not many neighborhoods in the country have recovered from the real estate market crash as well as Tanglewood did. The average price per square foot of Tanglewood homes have consistently increased year-over-year.