Carlton Woods The Woodlands TX | Carlton Woods Homes For Sale
Featuring luxury homes and grand estates, Carlton Woods is nestled within an amenity-rich community popular for its world-class golf courses and premier country clubs.
The community is popular for its:
- LUXURY GATED COMMUNITY: Carlton Woods is a luxury 24-hour manned gated community with amenities that rival Houston’s Best Gated Communities. Homes for sale in the area are among the Most Expensive Homes in Houston.
- WORLD-CLASS GOLF COURSE: Ranked as one of the Best Golf Course Communities in Houston, Carlton Woods residents enjoy access to a world-class golf course. Featuring a members-only golf course and country club, The Club at Carlton Woods features premier amenities such as a Jack Nicklaus-designed golf courses, Tuscan-inspired clubhouses, fitness centers, tennis courts, resort-style swimming pools, and full-service spas.
- GREAT LOCATION: Carlton Woods is located in the Sterling Ridge Village of The Woodlands, one of Houston’s Best Suburbs. The Woodlands is a 28,000-acre master-planned community located along North Freeway, northwest of Spring, TX. It is the only 24-hour manned gated neighborhood within the master-planned community.
- EXCELLENT SCHOOLS: According to the Houston’s Best Schools guide, Carlton Woods is zoned to top ranked public schools within the Conroe Independent School District. The list includes Tough Elementary, Mccullough Junior High School, and The Woodlands High School.
- SHORT COMMUTE TO BUSINESS CENTERS: The Woodlands is home to 20+ million square feet of office space. Notable companies in the area (including Chevron Phillips, Baker Hughes, Maersk Line, ExxonMobil, and SWN, among others) employ around 60,000 workers.
Carlton Woods features some of the most expensive and most luxurious properties in Texas. Buying luxury real estate can be tricky and homebuyers can benefit from the assistance of a top realtor familiar with the Houston area as well as the luxury real estate market.
POPULAR THE WOODLANDS RESOURCES
Located within one of the best Houston suburbs, Carlton Woods is a premier gated community with luxury homes and grand estates.
- Ranked as one of the Best Golf Course Communities in Houston, Carlton Woods residents enjoy access to a world-class golf course. Featuring a members-only golf course and country club, The Club at Carlton Woods features premier amenities such as a Jack Nicklaus-designed golf course, Tuscan-inspired clubhouses, fitness centers, tennis courts, resort-style swimming pools, and full-service spas.
- Carlton Woods is located in the Sterling Ridge Village of The Woodlands, one of Houston’s Best Suburbs. The Woodlands is a 28,000-acre master-planned community located along North Freeway, northwest of Spring, TX. It is one of the 24-hour manned gated neighborhood within the master-planned community.
- According to the Houston’s Best Schools guide, Carlton Woods is zoned to top ranked public schools within the Conroe Independent School District. The list includes Tough Elementary, Mccullough Junior High School, and The Woodlands High School.
- The Woodlands is home to 20+ million square feet of office space. Notable companies in the area (including Chevron Phillips, Baker Hughes, Maersk Line, ExxonMobil, and SWN, among others) employ around 60,000 workers.
- Carlton Woods Creekside is another gated community built around a (Tom Fazio signature) golf course located within nearby Creekside Park Village.
- Carlton Woods is within Montgomery County, while Creekside is mostly within Harris County.
- Like Carlton Woods Creekside, the community offers some of the most expensive properties within the Woodlands.
- Older homes in the community are mostly built in the early 2000s, though a number of newer properties (from 2016 to 2017) are also available.
- Made up of luxury custom homes, Carlton Woods offers a variety of floor plans and home designs. Floor plans range from one-story 3-bedroom homes to sprawling 7- to 9-bedroom estates.
- Living spaces can range from 4,000 to more than 15,000 square feet. Lot areas are typically between 8,000 to upwards of 150,000 square feet.
- Carlton Woods homes can come with Mediterranean, French, Traditional, Contemporary/Modern, and Spanish design cues.
- Prices for Carlton Woods homes for sale can start at around $800,000 and get up to more than $7,500,000.
Carlton Woods covers a 827-acre area within the Village of Sterling Village.
Made up of around 500 homesites, the community has a 24-hour manned gate along Sterling Ridge Drive. Other entrances are located along Sterling Ridge (residents only access gate) and Branch Crossing Drive.
Built around The Club at Carlton Woods, the gated community sits east of Branch Crossing Drive, north of Sterling Ridge Drive, and west of Kuykendahl Road.
Sterling Ridge is the westernmost village within The Woodlands. It lies west of Cochran’s Crossing, south of Alden Bridge, and north of Indian Springs. It is made up of several neighborhoods, and is one of the newest villages within the master-planned community.
Carlton Woods is about 6 miles away from The Woodlands’ Town Center, the area’s primary commercial center. The Woodlands Mall, the Waterway, Market Street, and the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion are all located within the area.
Several commercial districts within The Woodlands are minutes away from Carlton Woods homes.
Carlton Woods in Sterling Ridge has a 77382 ZIP code. Its sister community, Carlton Woods Creekside has a 77382 ZIP code. (View Houston zip code map)
– “One of America’s Best Real Estate Agents,” Real Trends
– Five Star Realtor Award, Multi-Year Winner
– “One of Houston’s Top 50 Realtors,” Houston Chronicle
West of Carlton Woods
- Rose Hill
North of Carlton Woods
- Village of Alden Bridge
- WG Jones State Forest
East of Carlton Woods
- Village of Cochran’s Crossing
- Village of Grogan’s Mill
- Village of Panther Creek
- Sleepy Hollow
- Chateau Woods
Carlton Woods homes are zoned to Conroe Independent School District (Conroe ISD).
Conroe ISD serves most of The Woodlands (save for small areas under Magnolia ISD and Tomball ISD). Rated “Recognized” by the Texas Education Agency, the school district has 60 campuses.
The Woodlands High School is a National Blue Ribbon awardee.
- Tough Elementary School at 11660 Cranebrook Dr. Opened in 2002, Tough Elementary is located in the Village of Sterling Ridge. It was named for Coulson Tough, an architect for The Woodlands Development Company and a major proponent for the community’s design. The TEA awarded a Met Standard rating to the school in 2016-2017.
- McCullough Junior High School at 3800 S Panther Creek Dr. Home of the Highlanders, McCullough Junior High was built in 1976, becoming a junior high after The Woodlands High was built 20 years later. The school offers several athletic programs, including basketball, cheerleading, cross country, football, tennis, soccer, and volleyball.
- The Woodlands High School at 6101 Research Forest Drive. TWHS opened its doors in 1996 and was named National Blue Ribbon School in 1997-1998. The school was included in Newsweek’s list of best high schools in the country in 2011. The Woodlands High School offers an extensive College Board Advanced Placement program with courses in World History, French Language, Chinese Language and Culture, Environmental Science, and European History, among others.
Carlton Woods Houston Private Schools
Carlton Woods also has several private schools within its borders. Here are some of them:
- John Cooper School at One John Cooper Drive.
- Carlton Woods Preparatory School at 27440 Kuykendahl Road.
- Carlton Woods Christian Academy at 5800 Alden Woods Drive.
- Center for Teaching & Learning at 5125 Shadowbend Place.
- Christ Community School at 1488 Wellman Road.
- Cunae International School at 25823 Gosling Road.
- Esprit International School at 4890 W Panther Creek.
- Hope Montessori School at 5125 Shadowbend Place.
- The Rubicon Academy at 14211 Horseshoe Bend.
To find an updated listing of all Carlton Woods real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Carlton Woods real estate are among the most expensive in The Woodlands township. The median sales price of Carlton Woods homes for sale is just over $1,700,000.
Made up of luxury custom homes within a gated enclave, the community’s highlight is its members-only country club with a Jack Nicklaus-designed golf course.
(Data sourced from the Houston Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.)
For updated information regarding Carlton Woods real estate pricing and trend analysis, please contact Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com.
Carlton Woods homes are upscale custom homes on sprawling lots. The gated community, along with Carlton Woods Creekside, features some of the most expensive homes within the Woodlands.
Properties within the community range from smaller 3-bedroom to much larger 7- to 9-bedroom homes.
Living spaces can range from 4,000 to more than 15,000 square feet. Lot areas are typically between 8,000 to upwards of 150,000 square feet.
Floor plans and architectural styles vary widely, with some borrowing inspiration from Mediterranean, French, Traditional, Contemporary/Modern, and Spanish aesthetics. Two-story and one-story homes are available.
Older Carlton Woods homes are mostly built from the early 2000s. Newer properties (built 2015 to 2017) as well as lots are also available in the area.
Prices for Carlton Woods homes for sale can start at around $800,000 and get up to more than $7,500,000.
There are no townhomes within Carlton Woods. There are some townhome options within the Woodlands’ other districts however.
There are no condos within Carlton Woods, though there are some condos within The Woodlands’ mixed-use districts. Examples of these include multi-family developments, like One Lake’s Edge and The Millennium Six Pines.
The Treviso at Waterway Square, a 23-story high-rise condominium within the Waterway District, is a few minutes away from Carlton Woods.
To see other condos within Houston’s Inner Loop, see Inner Loop Houston Condos.
Sterling Ridge opened in 2000, one of the newer villages within The Woodlands. Carlton Woods, originally planned as another village, was built around the Jack Nicklaus signature course which opened for play in 2001.
The Woodlands is the brainchild of oil tycoon George P. Mitchell, whose original vision of a suburban development included office parks, hotels, malls, schools, and golf courses. Opened in 1974, the vast master-planned community was developed in phases.
Today, Carlton Woods is one of The Woodlands’ most luxurious enclaves, featuring large custom homes on expansive lots.
Carlton Woods’ main highlight is its members-only country club and golf course.
The Club at Carlton Woods features a 7,368-yard, par-72 golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus. The 50,000-square foot clubhouse houses restaurants, a wine room, private dining rooms, locker rooms, and a fully equipped 5,000-square foot fitness center.
Located around 6 miles away from Carlton Woods, the Woodlands Town Center is the main commercial district in the area. It is home to The Woodlands Mall, the Waterway, Market Street, and The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. The Woodlands Mall offers around 1 million square feet of leasable space and has 5 anchor stores, including JCPenney, Macy’s, Dillard’s, Nordstrom, and Forever 21.
Other commercial districts within Sterling Ridge and Indian Springs are a short drive away from Carlton Woods homes.
Carlton Woods in Creekside Park features a Tom Fazio signature golf course.
Here are some of the must-visit places in and around Carlton Woods:
- Robard’s Steakhouse
- Black Walnut Cafe
- Hubbell & Hudson Kitchen
- The Republic Grille
- Zoes Kitchen
- Grimaldi’s Pizzeria
- Grub Burger Bar
- Schilleci’s New Orleans Kitchen
- Ruggles Green
- George Mitchell Nature Preserve
- Creekwood Park
- Town Green Park
- Park at Research Forest
- Ridgewood Park
- Cattail Park
- Bear Branch Park
- Shadowbend Park
- Northshore Park
- Terramont Park
- The Goose’s Acre Bistro & Irish Pub
- The Refuge Bar & Bistro
- Baker St. Pub & Grill
- Crush Wine Lounge
- Local Pour
- Crisp Woodlands
- Yucatan Taco Stand & Tequila Bar
- Bar Louie
- Cru Wine Bar
Retail Centers and Grocery Stores
- Carlton Woods Mall
- Market Street
- Portofino Shopping Center
- Whole Foods
- Trader Joe’s
- Hodges Food Basket
- Carlton Woods Country Club: Palmer Course
- The Club at Carlton Woods Creekside
- Club at Carlton Woods: Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, Houston Business Journal and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin, a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team, is ranked as one of the top residential real estate agents in the world.