The Woodlands TX Homebuyers Guide
Located north of Houston’s bustling centers, The Woodlands is a vast master-planned community.
Previously home to the Grogan-Cochran Lumber Mill, The Woodlands has grown over the 40 years since its conception.
- True to its name, The Woodlands features lush neighborhoods with plenty of green spaces. With its 130 parks, 1,700-acre nature preserve, and several lakes and ponds, the community offers a unique, “living with nature” atmosphere.
- Covenant restrictions are in place to maintain the look and feel of The Woodland’s many neighborhoods.
- The Woodlands are divided into villages: Creekside Park, Sterling Ridge, Carlton Woods, Alden Bridge, Cochran’s Crossing, Indian Springs, College Park, Panther Creek, and Grogan’s Mill.
- Each village has its own retail, entertainment, and community centers. The Woodlands villages are further subdivided into several unique neighborhoods that offer homes in different price ranges and styles.
- Some neighborhoods in The Woodlands feature homes in gated communities, or homes located near the lakeside and greenbelt areas. Other The Woodlands homes for sale are located within golf courses while some are available in the community’s urban areas.
- The community also has two districts: East Shore, dubbed as The Woodlands’ “Garden District”; and the Town Center/The Waterway, considered the area’s downtown.
- Located some 27 miles from Houston’s central business district, The Woodlands is a major job center in itself and is home to more than 1,500 employers.
- The Woodlands offers a wide range of housing options, from townhomes and patio homes to luxury villas and sprawling mansions.
- Prices for The Woodlands homes for sale range from $300,000 to more than $15 million.
Contact Paige Martin, a top-ranked Houston realtor and head of the Houston Properties Team for questions and advice about The Woodlands homes for sale.
The Woodlands TX Resources:
- The Woodlands Neighborhood Guide
- Most Expensive The Woodlands Homes For Sale
- The Woodlands TX Maps
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
For more information on available The Woodlands homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-425-4194 or email [email protected]
Neighborhood Guide: The Woodlands TX
Located along the North Freeway (Interstate 45), the large community is part of the Houston-The Woodlands-Sugarland Metropolitan area.
Master-planned and divided into 9 villages, The Woodlands offers a unique lifestyle. Homes in the area are within minutes of schools, parks, shopping centers, restaurants, golf courses, lakes, and greenbelts.
Several companies have set up their offices in The Woodlands as well, making it a major job center in the area.
Real estate developer George P. Mitchell was responsible for much of what The Woodlands is today – a community that incorporates nature with comfortable and peaceful urban living. Environmental protection and flood minimization is also included in the area’s master plan.
Mitchell originally envisioned The Woodlands to be eventually annexed into the city of Houston. Steps, however, have been taken to prevent such a move. Today, The Woodlands is a township with a municipal government that provides some services including fire and rescue, law enforcement, and security, among others.
The Woodlands homes for sale also have plenty of entertainment and retail options nearby. The area has several restaurants and shopping centers within its borders, including pedestrian-friendly Market Street, and The Woodlands Mall. The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion and The Woodlands Waterway are among the most notable places to visit in the area.
Since the area sits in different counties, The Woodlands homes are zoned to different school districts. Parts of The Woodlands are zoned to the Conroe ISD, the Magnolia ISD, and the Tomball ISD. Several private schools are also located within the community.
The Woodlands features a wide array of home types in various price points and designs. Location, condition of the home, and size are major factors in Woodlands home prices.
The Woodlands is still growing – with several new residential and commercial developments on the way.
The Woodlands TX is under the 77380, 77381, 77382, 77384, 77385, 77354, 77375, and 77389 zip codes. (View Houston zip code map)
The Woodlands Villages
Grogan’s Mill. Opened in 1974, this is The Woodlands’ first neighborhood, named for the Grogan-Cochran Lumber Mill. The village features Grogan’s Point, which features some of the most expensive The Woodlands homes. Grogan’s Point is known for its estates on large, expansive lots.
Panther Creek. The Woodlands’ second neighborhood, Panther Creek was opened in 1976. The village has Lake Woodlands to the east.
Cochran’s Crossing. Also named for the lumber mill, Cochran’s Crossing is home to The Woodlands High School. The village opened in 1983.
Indian Springs. Opened in 1984, the Village of Indian Springs lies north of Spring Creek and west of Panther Creek. While it is the only village in The Woodlands without a public school, Indian Springs is home to The John Cooper School.
Alden Bridge. Located in The Woodlands’ northwest corner, Alden Bridge is just south of FM 1488 and Jones State Forest. The village opened in 1993.
College Park. Opened in 1995, College Park is located along I-45 and covers the area around SH 242. The village is home to several schools, including the Lone Star College, Sam Houston State University-The Woodlands Center, and College Park High School, among others.
Sterling Ridge. Located east of FM 2978, Sterling Ridge opened in 2000 and is home to The Woodlands High School Ninth Grade Campus. Carlton Woods, a gated community, is located within the village.
Creekside Park. Opened in 2007, Creekside Park is one of The Woodlands’ newest developments. Once completed, the village will feature single-family homes, multi-family homes, custom-built homes, and estates. The village also features Carlton Woods Creekside, a gated community.
Town Center. The Woodlands’ Town Center is located just north of Grogan’s Mill, west of I-45. It is home to Market Street, The Waterway District, The Woodlands Mall, and The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion.
Fun Things To Do In And Around The Woodlands
The Woodlands features a lot of retail and entertainment options within its borders. Its villages offer parks and green spaces, along with other community amenities.
The Town Center, The Woodlands’ commercial center, covers a 1,000-acre area east of Lake Woodlands, west of I-45, and north of Grogan’s Mill. The Town Center’s main hotspots include The Woodlands Mall, The Woodlands Waterway, Market Street, and The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion.
The Woodlands Mall, located off Lake Woodlands Drive and I-45, has a gross leasable area of 1.35 million square feet. The mall has 5 anchor stores: JCPenney, Macy’s, Dillard’s, Nordstrom, and Forever 21.
The Woodlands Waterway and Waterway Square features a number of restaurants, stores, and outdoor entertainment venues. As the name suggests, residents can also enjoy a water taxi or kayak ride at the Waterway.
Known for its world-class performances and events, The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion is an outdoor amphitheater with a seating capacity of 16,500. Market Street on the other hand is a pedestrian-friendly shopping center of around 70 stores and several restaurants.
Here are some of The Woodlands TX must-visit places:
- Robard’s Steakhouse
- Black Walnut Cafe
- Hubbell & Hudson Kitchen
- The Republic Grille
- Zoes Kitchen
- Grimaldi’s Pizzeria
- Grub Burger Bar
- Schilleci’s New Orleans Kitchen
- Ruggles Green
- The Goose’s Acre Bistro & Irish Pub
- The Refuge Bar & Bistro
- Baker St. Pub & Grill
- Crush Wine Lounge
- Local Pour
- Crisp Woodlands
- Yucatan Taco Stand & Tequila Bar
- Bar Louie
- Cru Wine Bar
Retail and Entertainment Centers
- The Woodlands Mall
- Market Street
- Portofino Shopping Center
- Whole Foods
- Trader Joe’s
- Hodges Food Basket
- George Mitchell Nature Preserve
- Creekwood Park
- Town Green Park
- Park at Research Forest
- Ridgewood Park
- Cattail Park
- Bear Branch Park
- Shadowbend Park
- Northshore Park
- Terramont Park
- The Woodlands Country Club: Palmer Course
- The Club at Carlton Woods Creekside
- Club at Carlton Woods: Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course
The Woodlands TX Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in The Woodlands, Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within the Inner Loop.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-425-4194.