Best Value Upper Kirby Homes For Sale Under $500K
Nestled along the Southwest Freeway and adjacent to the Greenway Plaza, Upper Kirby is a trendy mixed-use neighborhood a few miles from Downtown Houston.
Among the hottest neighborhoods in the Inner Loop, Upper Kirby remains popular due to its excellent location and easy accessibility.
Here are the main reasons why Upper Kirby homes for sale are in high demand:
- Excellent accessibility: Located near Houston’s main roads, Upper Kirby homes have great access to key centers like Downtown, Museum District, Greenway Plaza, and the Texas Medical Center.
- Great shopping, dining, and entertainment options: Upper Kirby has grown to become a popular destination for its chef-owned restaurants, upscale boutiques, bars, pubs, and lounges. Other shopping and entertainment centers are located minutes away from the area.
- Highly rated schools: The neighborhood is zoned to some of the HISD’s best schools and is home to Lamar High School and St. John’s School.
- Wide variety of homes: Upper Kirby’s housing options include older patio homes, custom-built single-family homes, townhomes in gated communities, and condo units in luxury highrise buildings.
Contact Paige Martin, one of the best realtors in Houston, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177 for advice or questions about buying or selling a Upper Kirby home.
Upper Kirby Houston Resources:
- Upper Kirby Neighborhood Guide
- ALL Upper Kirby Homes For Sale
- Most Expensive Upper Kirby Homes For Sale
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
For more information on available Upper Kirby homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email [email protected]
Upper Kirby Houston Neighborhood Guide
Upper Kirby has changed a lot over the past couple of decades. From a neglected and nameless neighborhood during the late 80s, it has grown into a thriving and trendy district of posh restaurants, high end boutiques, and wine lounges.
Its residential areas have grown as well, as demand spurred new development in the area, spawning new construction single-family homes, townhomes, and condos.
Compared to its older, more established neighbors (River Oaks to the north, Montrose to the east, and the city of West University Place to the south), Upper Kirby is a fairly young district. It has, however, grown more prominent over the past few years due to its redevelopment.
A huge factor that makes Upper Kirby so popular is its location. The district is roughly bordered by Houston’s main roads: Southwest Freeway to the south, Buffalo Speedway to the west, Westheimer Road to the north, and Shepherd Drive to the east. Via these thoroughfares, Upper Kirby homes for sale have easy access to other Inner Loop neighborhoods.
Upper Kirby Houston is under the 77098 zip code of Harris County.
Neighborhoods near the district include: Downtown Houston, Museum District, Rice Military, River Oaks, Afton Oaks, West University Place, Midtown, Bellaire, Medical Center, Montrose/Neartown, and the Galleria.
Upper Kirby Schools Information
Upper Kirby is zoned to the Houston Independent School District (HISD) and is home to two of the most highly regarded schools in the area: Lamar High School and St. John’s School.
- Poe Elementary at 5100 Hazard St. Named after the famous author, Edgar Allan Poe Elementary offers a fine arts magnet program, featuring various enrichment classes in dance, music, visual arts, Suzuki violin, and technology. It is a candidate for the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme.
- River Oaks Elementary School at 2008 Kirby Dr. Founded in 1929, River Oaks Elementary is a magnet Vanguard school and is one of the HISD’s International Baccalaureate World schools (Primary Years Programme).
- West University Elementary School at 3756 University Blvd. Located in the eponymous independent city, West U Elementary is considered as one of the HISD’s best elementary schools. It has a GreatSchools.org rating of 10 out of 10.
- Lanier Middle School at 2600 Woodhead St. Lanier is located in neighboring Neartown/Montrose and is one of the HISD’s International Baccalaureate World schools (IB Middle Years Programme). It offers a Vanguard Magnet/GT program that features classes in foreign languages, algebra, and IPC (Integrated Physics and Chemistry).
- Pershing Middle School at 3838 Blue Bonnet Blvd. Located in nearby Braeswood Place, Pershing offers a neighborhood program, a Fine Arts magnet program, Pre-AP, and a Vanguard Gifted and Talented program. The school specializes in music and features enrichment classes in “unorthodox” areas.
- Pin Oak Middle School at 4601 Glenmont St. Located in Bellaire, Pin Oak is an option for students zoned to Pershing. The school is “application-only” and serves a regular program together with a Foreign Languages magnet program. Known for its academic excellence, Pin Oak was named a National Blue Ribbon School as well as a TEA Exemplary school.
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd. Located within the Upper Kirby District, Lamar features several academic programs including an IB Diploma Programme, Advanced Placement, and a magnet program for Business Administration. As one of the HISD’s International Baccalaureate schools, it offers IB diplomas in 5 languages: French, Chinese, Italian, Russian, and Spanish.
Upper Kirby Houston Private Schools
- St. John’s School at 2401 Claremont Ln. Forbes lists St. John’s (or SJS) as one of “America’s Elite Prep Schools.” It has long held a reputation in both academic excellence and selectivity. SJS also features a House system, in which students are sorted into six Houses.
Other notable private schools around the Upper Kirby area includes:
- Annunciation Orthodox School at 3600 Yoakum Blvd.
- The Harris School at 900 Lovett Blvd.
- Avalon Academy at 1616 Indiana St.
- Kipling Street Academy at 1425 Kipling St.
- School For Young Children at 810 Sul Ross St.
- St Stephens Episcopal School at 1800 Sul Ross St.
To find an updated listing of all Upper Kirby real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Upper Kirby Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Upper Kirby Houston and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within the Inner Loop.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177.