West University is an affluent neighborhood that spans from Bissonnet Street to Bellaire and Holcombe Boulevards, between Community Drive and Kirby Drive.
West University Houston Resources:
- Overview: West University Houston
- See All West University Homes For Sale
- Guide To Houston Neighborhoods
5 Key West University Real Estate Trends
1. West University homes median sales price almost doubled in just 10 years.
The median sales price of West U properties in 2004 is $580,050. It has increased by 64% in the past decade to $950,500.
2. West University real estate appreciated by 20% in 2013.
In 2012, the median sales price of West University properties is $792,500. It has increased by 20% to $950,500 in 2013.
3. Land value of West U homes has increased by 73% in the past decade.
The land price per square foot of West University properties in 2004 was $47. It is now priced at $81 per square foot.
4. The average price per square foot of West University homes rose year-over year since 2009.
In 2009, the average price per square foot of West U homes for sale is $254. It has consistently increased to $310 per square foot in 2013.
5. Although West University properties land values fluctuated from 2008 to 2011, the depreciation is minimal.
From 2010 to 2011, West University homes only depreciated by 6%, marginally lower than the rest of Houston.