Woodshire Houston Neighborhood Guide
Woodshire is a small Houston neighborhood (with only 308 homesites) located near Meyerland, and Braeswood Place.
The neighborhood is located near the Southwest corner of the 610 Loop in Houston, TX. The community falls within two Geo Market Area: Willow Meadows and Knollwood / Woodside.
Woodshire has a fantastic 15-year real estate appreciation trend. It has become popular as it offers a very convenient commute to the Texas Medical Center, and provides more affordability than neighborhoods like The Museum District, West University or Southside Place.
One of Woodshire’s other unique benefits is a strong community associate – the Woodshire Civic Club. This organization is dedicated to bringing together community members and facilitating civic improvement.
When considering Woodshire real estate to buy, it’s important to review the floodplains. Parts of Woodshire real estate for sale lie adjacent to the Brays Bayou and are within the 100 and 500 year floodplain.
For any inquiries about Woodshire homes recommendations, or off-market MLS listings, get in touch with Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team and one of the best realtors in Houston.
Woodshire Resources (Popular Topics)
- 12 Things Woodshire Real Estate Buyers Should Know
- Fun things to do in Woodshire
- Neighborhoods near Woodshire
- Woodshire Schools
- Paige Martin – Top Ranked Woodshire Realtor
Call Paige at 713-425-4194 to tour a Woodshire Houston home today or email [email protected] for more information.
- Woodshire features an Inner Loop location minutes away from dining, shopping, and entertainment hotspots.
- The neighborhood is conveniently located near major roads and thoroughfares including Loop 610, Braeswood Boulevard, Buffalo Speedway, Stella Link Road, and Main Street.
- Woodshire homes have easy access to key Houston areas such as Downtown Houston, Texas Medical Center, the Galleria, and NRG Stadium.
- Woodshire features a charming mix of updated vintage-style homes from the 1950s and new-construction homes sprawled in large wooded lots.
- Woodshire homes vary in architectural styles, including traditional, ranch, and more modern designs.
- The neighborhood is zoned to the Houston ISD and is serviced by some of the best schools in the district including Pershing Middle School and Bellaire High School.
- Woodshire streets are lined with mature trees and expansive green lawns to create a small town feel.
- Woodshire lot sizes typically range from 7,000 up to more than 10,000 square feet.
- Homes in the neighborhood can feature two to four bedrooms, with 1- up to 4-storey floor plans.
- The neighborhood was originally platted in the 1950s up to the 1960s covering more than 142 acres of land.
- The Woodshire Civic Club implements deed restrictions and a number of community improvement projects including LED street lighting, and sidewalk and road reconstruction, amongst other initiatives.
- Prices for Woodshire homes for sale can start at around $250,000 up to more than $400,000.
Woodshire homes have convenient access to Houston’s finest shops, restaurants, and entertainment centers such as those in the Inner Loop and Downtown Houston, as well as the upscale Galleria and Highland Village Shopping Center.
Here are some of the best places to visit in and around Woodshire:
- Fajita Pete’s
- Antone’s Import Co Original
- La Fresca Pizza
- Super La Mexicana
- Captain Benny’s Half Shell Oyster
- Garden Kitchen
Arts & Culture
- Houston Maritime Museum
- Houston Museum of Natural Science
- Museum of Fine Arts Houston
- Rice University Art Gallery
- Contemporary Arts Museum Houston
- The Fresh Market
- La Michoacana
- Whole Foods Market
- Brays Bayou Hike and Bike Trail
- Karl Young Park
- Russ Pitman Park
- Old Braeswood Park
- Hermann Park Conservancy
Neighborhoods near Woodshire include:
Woodshire homes are zoned to the Houston Independent School District (HISD). Students in the area may attend the following public schools:
- Longfellow Elementary School at 3617 Norris Dr. Longfellow Elementary opened its doors in 1955, with a new campus opened in 2007. As a creative and performing arts magnet school, Longfellow Elementary offers classes in dance, choir, orchestra, band, general music, and art.
- Pershing Middle School at 3838 Blue Bonnet Blvd. Pershing is a Neighborhood Vanguard and a Fine Arts Magnet school noted for its great academic programs. The school offers four levels of academics: Grade Level, Pre-AP, Vanguard/GT, and Accelerated Vanguard/GT. It also offers several enrichment classes, including a ropes course, concepts in engineering, robotics, and music production, among others.
- Bellaire High School at 5100 Maple St. Bellaire High is an IB World School that offers advanced placement and IB Diploma programs. It is a magnet school for foreign languages, and offers classes in Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hebrew, Italian, Latin, Chinese, and French, among others.
Woodshire Private Schools
The following are some of the notable private schools near Woodshire:
- Episcopal High School at 4650 Bissonnet St. It is a co-educational private day school with a curriculum based on four pillars, Academics, Religion, Fine Arts, and Athletics.
- Mark’s Episcopal School at 3816 Bellaire Blvd. St. Mark’ s Episcopal School is accredited by the Southwest Association of Episcopal Schools. The school runs a number of Design Thinking and Enrichment Programs.
- St. Vincent De Paul School at 6800 Buffalo Spdwy. St. Vincent De Paul is a parochial co-educational school that focuses on religious foundation, strong academic curriculum, and extracurricular programs.
To find an updated listing of all Woodshire real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Houston and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within Woodshire, earning praises like “Paige Martin is the best Woodshire Houston realtor I know.” Read more about client feedback and ratings here.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at[email protected] or 713-425-4194.