Homebuyers’ Guide To Timbergrove Homes For Sale
The neighborhood is highly popular for its central location, easy accessibility, and great value Timbergrove homes for sale.
Timbergrove Manor is centrally located – having schools, parks, stores, cafes, and restaurants nearby. It also helps that the Heights, Memorial Park, and Rice Military are all within a stone’s throw of the neighborhood.
Much like the trend seen in Lazybrook and Cottage Grove, Timbergrove real estate have significantly appreciated over the past decades. Its 86% appreciation rate is one of the best in the Inner Loop.
Despite this growth however, Timbergrove homes for sale are still among the most affordable within the Loop.
Contact Paige Martin, a top-ranked Houston realtor and Owner of HoustonProperties.com for questions and advice about Timbergrove homes for sale.
Timbergrove Houston Resources:
- Timbergrove Neighborhood Guide
- Most Expensive Timbergrove Homes For Sale
- Timbergrove Houston Maps
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
For more information on available Timbergrove homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email Paige@HoustonProperties.com
Neighborhood Guide: Timbergrove Houston
Timbergrove, one of Houston’s hottest neighborhoods, sits near the northwest bend of Loop 610.
Lazybrook/Timbergrove is located directly west of the Heights and to the north of Cottage Grove. Garden Oaks and Oak Forest are located farther north, across Loop 610, while Memorial Park, Camp Logan, and Rice Military sit south, just beyond the Katy Freeway.
Timbergrove Manor features two communities, one west of the White Oak Bayou and other to the east. Each community has its own homeowners association: the Timbergrove Manor Civic Club for the western area, and the Timbergrove Manor Neighborhood Association for the homes east of the bayou.
Both communities are deed-restricted and mostly feature single-detached, ranch-style homes.
Development in Timbergrove started during Houston’s post-WWII suburban boom in the 50s and 60s. During that period, Timbergrove homes mostly consisted of traditional and ranch-style homes on fairly large lots.
Years later in the 90s and 2000s, young professionals and families were drawn to the area due to its close-in location to Houston’s key hubs and its affordable homes. Some updated or renovated their ranch-style homes, while other rebuilt more modern two-story homes.
The transition from old to new has been slow in the Timbergrove, though it is not rare to see a custom-built home among the neighborhood’s rustic, vintage homes.
Timbergrove is within the 77008 zip code of Harris County.
Timbergrove Schools Information
Timbergrove Manor is zoned to the Houston Independent School District (HISD).
- Sinclair Elementary at 6410 Grovewood Ln. Sinclair Elementary features a a Communications magnet program aimed at developing written, visual, and oral communication among students in grade K to 5. This includes programs in TV/Video/Movie Production, Multimedia/Publishing, and Drama/Broadway/Production.
- Love Elementary School at 1120 W 13th St. Love Elementary features a wide variety of activities and enrichment programs designed to develop its diverse student body. It is one of the HISD’s Neighborhood Vanguard Gifted and Talented schools, and offers programs including Bilingual/ELL and a special education program. Activities also include a Lego-based robotics program.
- Frank Black Middle School at 1575 Chantilly Ln. Founded in 1957, Black is a Vanguard magnet school named after one of Houston’s most notable educators. It stays true to its motto, “Excellence in Academics, Athletics and the Arts” through its academics and athletics programs, as well as its rich variety of electives.
- Hamilton Middle School at139 E 20th St. Also featuring a Vanguard magnet program, Hamilton has a research-centric curriculum for its gifted and talented students.
- Waltrip High School at 1900 West 34th St. Waltrip High School features the Houston ISD’s Research and Technology magnet program. Founded in 1959, the school was named after Stephen Pool Waltrip, a former principal who also served in Reagan High School.
- Reagan High School at 413 E 13th St. Located in the Heights, Reagan is the HISD’s Magnet School of Computer Technology. It is also an IB World School that offers the IB (International Baccalaureate) Middle Years Programme. In addition, the school also features AP programs and divides students into different “Academies,” including Computer Magnet, Health Science, Business, Engineering and Design, and Transportation.
Timbergrove Houston Private Schools
Listed below are some private schools located near Timbergrove.
- River Oaks Baptist School at 2300 Willowick Rd.
- St. Theresa Catholic School at 6623 Rodrigo St.
- St. Thomas High School at 4500 Memorial Dr.
- St. Rose of Lima Catholic School at 3600 Brinkman St.
- Lutheran High School at 1130 W 34th St.
- Immanuel Lutheran School at 306 E 15th St.
- Houston Heights Charter School at 1125 Lawrence St.
To find an updated listing of all Timbergrove real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Fun Things To Do In And Around Timbergrove
Timbergrove Manor, though mainly residential, does have a few retail, dining, and entertainment options available within its borders. There are, however, more than enough sights and eats (along with nightlife, retail, and entertainment) so conveniently located in surrounding neighborhoods.
Timbergrove also offers a number of green spaces including the Jaycee Park, West 11th Street Park, and Timbergrove Manor Park.
Jaycee Park, located at 1300 Seamist, had undergone fairly recent renovation through the efforts of the Friends of Jaycee Park and the surrounding communities. The park now features a basketball court, a number of tennis courts, a playground, a 1/3 mile walking trail, a water playground, and picnic tables.
West 11th Street Park, on the other hand, is a 20.2-acre nature park and is home to several species of birds, butterflies, and a wide variety of other flora and fauna. It is largely wooded, with trails and spots for birdwatchers. Residents also enjoy the White Oak Bayou’s 7.4-mile hike and bike trail, which is connected to several parks including Timbergrove Manor Park.
With the Memorial Park a short drive away, Timbergrove Manor homes also have easy access to its many amenities, including a top-rated municipal golf course, nature center, and miles of trails.
Here are some must-visit places in Timbergrove Houston:
- Pappa Geno’s
- Tia Maria’s
- Demeris Barbecue
- Stalla’s Deli
- Pizza Inn
- Live Oak Bar and Grill
- Fiesta Tacos
- Jason’s Deli
- Captain Benny’s
- Pho and Grill
- Ty Seafood Kitchen
- Neon Boots Dancehall and Saloon
- Sunset Strip
- Cristobal Mexican Grill and Bar
- TA’s Cargo Club
- Lynn’s Longbranch Saloon
Retail and Entertainment Centers
- The Galleria
- River Oaks Shopping Center
- Marq*E Entertainment Center
- Uptown Park
- Highland Village
- Fiesta Mart
- Memorial Park
- Timbergrove Manor Park
- Jaycee Park
- T.C. Jester Parkway Park
- West 11th Street Park
- Magnum Manor Park
In Memorial Park
- Seymour Lieberman Exercise Trail
- Houston Arboretum and Nature Park
- Memorial Park Golf Course
Timbergrove Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and the owner of HoustonProperties.com – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Timbergrove Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within the Inner Loop.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, Owner of HoustonProperties.com & Broker Associate at Paige@HoustonProperties.com or 713-384-5177.