Briargrove Houston Homes For Sale Under $1M
A lot of factors put Briargrove among Houston’s most popular subdivisions, including its central location and its gorgeous homes.
- Central location: Having immediate access to one of Houston’s central business districts has its perks: Briargrove homes for sale are minutes away from the Galleria/Uptown area’s job centers, restaurants, retail stores, hotels, and fashion boutiques.
- Active HOA: Briargrove’s homeowners association is responsible for enforcing the neighborhood’s deed restrictions. They also hire additional, round-the-clock security.
- Vintage and new homes: Briargrove homes are a wonderful mix of old and new. Updated and remodeled traditional and ranch-style homes are common in the area, though a number of them have been replaced with more recently constructed, custom-built single-family homes.
Contact Paige Martin, one of the best realtors in Houston, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at Paige@HoustonProperties.com or 713-384-5177 for advice or questions about buying or selling a Briargrove home.
Briargrove Houston Resources:
- Briargrove Neighborhood Guide
- All Briargrove Homes For Sale
- Most Expensive Briargrove Homes For Sale
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
NOTE: Briargrove homes are among the fastest selling real estate in Houston. Some of the properties are off-market (not publicly listed). For more information on available Briargrove homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email Paige@HoustonProperties.com
Briargrove Houston Neighborhood Guide
Briargrove, located west of Galleria/Uptown, is a quiet residential neighborhood.
Sitting at the heart of west Houston, Briargrove is near the Memorial Villages (Piney Point and Hunters Creek), Tanglewood, and the city of Bellaire. Major Houston roads, including Woodway Drive and Westheimer Road, crisscross the community, making key Inner Loop neighborhoods easily accessible to and from the area.
Formerly occupied by only a handful of homes, development in the area now known as Briargrove started during Houston’s housing boom in the 50s and 60s. Deed restrictions were put into place and an architectural committee was also formed to help maintain the look and feel of the neighborhood.
During the period, the neighborhood was built out with ranch-style homes. During the 80s, Briargrove’s deed restrictions were amended to allow for 1.5 to 2-story homes. Today, some of the neighborhood’s original homes have been torn down and replaced with custom-built homes. Others were updated to feature more modern furnishings.
On average, Briargrove homes for sale feature large lots, ranging from 8,000 to more than 10,000 square feet. Architectural styles vary as well, though traditional and ranch are still two of the most common in the area.
Family-friendly and peaceful, Briargrove is an ideal choice for people who prefer small-town living – without sacrificing the convenience of big city living.
Briargrove Houston is under the 77057 Harris County zip code.
Briargrove Schools Information
Briargrove is zoned to the Houston Independent School District (HISD).
- Briargrove Elementary School at 6145 San Felipe St. Located comfortably within the neighborhood, Briargrove is a newly named IB World School and now offers the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP). Apart from this new program, the school also features a Critical Thinking Lab, along with several enrichment classes in various subjects and areas.
- Briarmeadow Charter School at 3601 Dunvale Rd. As an option for those zoned to Briargrove, charter school Briarmeadow serves students in Pre-K through 8. It features Gifted and Pre-AP programs.
Students within the Briargrove area can apply to the soon to open Mark White School, slated to open its doors in August 2016.
- Grady Middle School at 5215 San Felipe St. As a neighborhood Vanguard school, Henry W. Grady Middle School offers Pre-AP classes for Gifted and Talented students. The school also offers core enrichment classes in different subjects including Technology, Spanish, Music, Fine Arts, and Visual Arts.
- Lee High School at 6529 Beverly Hill St. Located less than a couple of miles away from Briargrove homes, Lee High School is one of the HISD’s magnet schools. It offers several Advanced Placement courses, including World History, Macroeconomics, and Statistics, among others. Students zoned to Lee can choose to attend Lamar or Westside instead.
- Lamar High School at 3325 Westheimer Rd. Known for its great athletics program and its football team (the Lamar Texans, formerly the Redskins), Lamar also offers excellent academics programs. As one of the HISD’s IB World Schools, Lamar serves a Middle Years Programme (MYP) a Diplomma Programme, and a Career-Related Programme. Its other programs include neighborhood and Advanced Placement.
- Westside High School at 14201 Briar Forest Dr. Westside is the Houston ISD’s Magnet School for Integrated Technology, and its curriculum centers on how technology can be applied to 5 aspects: Media Relations, Applied Science/Health Science, Fine Arts, Business, and Computing Sciences.
- T. H. Rogers School at 5840 San Felipe St. Named a National Blue Ribbon School in 1991-92, the Thomas Horace Rogers School is an alternative public school that serves grades K through 12. It offers a Vanguard program for gifted and talented students from kindergarten to 8th grade. Programs for deaf (Program for Deaf and Hard of Hearing) and multiply impared students (Program for Preparing Students for Independence) are offered from Pre-K to 8th grade, and age 3 to 12th grade, respectively.
Briargrove Houston Private Schools
Briargove homes are located near several private schools, including St. Michael School (1833 Sage Rd.), a part of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston, and the Al-Hadi School of Accelerative Learning (2313 S Voss Rd.), a private Islamic School.
Here are a few private schools located near Briargrove:
- St. Francis Episcopal Day School at 335 Piney Point Rd.
- The Tenney School at 3500 S Gessner Rd.
- Robindell Private School at 6610 Alder Dr.
- Memorial Lutheran School at 5800 Westheimer Rd.
- Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart at 10202 Memorial Dr.
- The Kinkaid School at 201 Kinkaid School Dr.
- Second Baptist School at 6410 Woodway Dr.
To find an updated listing of all Briargrove real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at Paige@HoustonProperties.com with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Briargrove Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Briargrove Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within Briargrove.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at Paige@HoustonProperties.com or 713-384-5177.