Hilshire Homes For Sale Under $1M
Hilshire Village, one of the 6 affluent neighborhoods that make up the Memorial Villages, is one of the wealthiest areas in Texas by per capita income.
Hilshire homes for sale are in great demand, especially due to their location. Other factors add to the neighborhood’s desirability, including:
- High accessibility: Located along the Katy Freeway, Hilshire Village is a minutes away from key Houston locations including major job centers like Downtown, Medical Center, and the Energy Corridor.
- Great schools: The Spring Branch ISD, one of Texas’ most esteemed school districts, serves Hilshire Village. The neighborhood is zoned to multi-award winning schools like Memorial High School and Spring Branch Middle School.
- Proximity to entertainment and shopping: The Galleria, the Memorial City Mall, and the CityCentre are all within minutes of Hilshire homes. Residents can also take advantage of the many dining and retail establishments located in nearby Spring Branch and Hedwig Village.
- Beautiful and tranquil environment: Located in the lush area hugging Spring Branch Creek, Hilshire Village boasts of tree-lined streets and a distinct country-living atmosphere.
Contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177 for advice or questions about buying or selling a Hilshire townhome.
Hilshire Village TX Resources:
- Hilshire Neighborhood Guide
- Most Expensive Hilshire Homes For Sale
- All Hilshire Village Homes For Sale
- Houston Neighborhoods Guide
NOTE: Hilshire homes are among the fastest selling real estate in Houston. Some of the properties are off-market (not publicly listed). For more information on available Hilshire homes for sale call Paige Martin at 713-384-5177 or email [email protected]
Hilshire Village TX Neighborhood Guide
Hilshire Village is a peaceful residential enclave located just 10 miles west of Downtown Houston. The neighborhood follows the contours of Spring Branch Creek to the east, and has Westview Drive, Wirt Road, and Katy Freeway to the north, east, and south, respectively.
Location is one of the area’s best selling points – Hilshire homes are within a quiet and green neighborhood, while being within driving distance of job and entertainment centers.
With direct access to Katy Freeway (I-10), Hilshire Village is minutes away from two other major Houston freeways, namely Loop 610 and Sam Houston Parkway. These provide easy access to key Houston centers like Downtown, Medical Center, The Galleria, the Energy Corridor, and the Museum District.
The neighborhood’s name originated from Missouri-native Frank Bruess. Bruess had decided to move his family to the fast-growing city of Houston and bought a 30-acre plot just beyond Wirt Road. He had decided to call his development Hilshire Village, after a country estate in England called Hillshire.
A few years later, Hilshire was incorporated with a mayor-city council type of government. Like most of the Memorial Villages, the city has a zoning ordinance in place that preserves the area’s look and feel.
Neighborhoods near Hilshire homes for sale include: Hunters Creek Village, Hedwig Village, Spring Valley Village, Bunker Hill Village, Piney Point Village, Energy Corridor, The Galleria, River Oaks, Camp Logan, Timbergrove, Spring Branch, Lazybrook.
Hilshire Village has a 77055 Harris County zip code.
Zip codes near Spring Valley Village TX include: 77024, 77080, 77092, 77043, 77007, 77008, and 77049. (View Houston zip code map.)
Hilshire Village Schools
Hilshire Village is zoned to the highly-regarded Spring Branch Independent School District (SBISD).
Pre-K and Elementary
- Valley Oaks Elementary School at 8655 Emnora Ln. Located in Spring Branch, Valley Oaks serves students in grades Pre-K to 5. It offers several academics programs including Bilingual/ESL and Gifted and Talented programs, as well as a well-rounded curriculum that includes art, music, health and fitness, and special education.
- The Bear Boulevard School at 8860 Westview Dr. Located in Spring Valley Village, Bear Boulevard is one of the Spring Branch ISD’s early learning centers. BBS boasts of a specialized curriculum for four-year old children.
- Spring Branch Middle School at 1000 Piney Point Dr. SBMS, located in Hedwig Village, was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School in 1997-98. It offers great academic programs and elective in various subjects like Foreign Language and Technology Education.
- Cornerstone Academy at 9016 Dr. Charter school Cornerstone is located within Spring Valley Village. Like SBMS, it offers electives in Foreign Languages, as well as CESIT (Career Explorations, Special Interests and Talents). In 2008, it was recognized as National Charter School of the Year.
- Memorial High School at 935 Echo Ln. Memorial High School is a multi-award winning school located in Hedwig Village. It was named a National Blue Ribbon School in 1988-89, and has appeared in Newsweek’s list of top high schools multiple times. Along with its great academic programs, MHS also offers an excellent athletics program.
- Academy of Choice at 9016 Westview Dr. The Academy of Choice is an alternative school located in Spring Valley Village. It is also known as the Spring Branch School of Choice (SBSOC) and houses another alternative learning center called the Spring Branch ISD Virtual High School.
There are several private schools located in and around Hilshire Village. Listed below are some of them.
- Campbell Learning Center at 1440 Campbell Rd.
- Spring Branch Presbyterian Learning Center at 1215 Campbell Rd.
- Paratus Classical Academy at 1440 Campbell Rd.
- St. Mark Lutheran School at Hillendahl Blvd.
- School of the Woods Montessori at 1321 Wirt Rd.
- Big Little School at 1203 Wirt Rd.
- Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart at 10202 Memorial Dr.
- St. Cecilia School at 11740 Joan of Arc Dr.
- The Parish School at 11001 Hammerly Boulevard.
- The Kinkaid School at 201 Kinkaid School Dr.
To find an updated listing of all Hilshire real estate zoned to any specific public school, please send an email to Paige Martin at [email protected] with the property preference and budget that you’re working with.
*Note: School zoning tends to change from year to year, information provided above are accurate but not guaranteed. Please double check by visiting the school’s website.
Hilshire Houston Realtor – Paige Martin
As featured on Fox News in the Morning, the Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle, and Houston Magazine, Paige Martin – a consistent Top Producing Broker-Associate and head of the Houston Properties Team – is ranked amongst the very top Keller Williams agents in the Houston area.
Paige is ranked as one of the top realtors in Hilshire Houston, and the state of Texas. Read more about the over 65 awards she’s won in the last few years.
Paige works with a tremendous number of buyers and sellers within the Inner Loop.
For a specific recommendation of neighborhoods, homes or properties based upon your personal style, goals & price point, please contact Paige Martin, head of the Houston Properties Team & Broker Associate at [email protected] or 713-384-5177.